The Rock starring as 'Hercules' in upcoming movie

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Me neither, he's actually one of my least favourite wrestlers of all time.

It's hard to argue that most wrestlers stick with what they love though, because most of them also happen to suck in movies. I'm 100% positive Hogan would only be doing movies if anyone wanted him to, but they don't, so he returns to wrestling over and over again. One of the few guys I could see not doing that is Cena. Whether you hate him or not, you cannot deny his passion for the business and respect him for that.
I don't know if you remember when "Dwayne/Rock" first returned last year but I was all about defending John Cena. The one thing that keeps me from hating him as a person is he is very loyal to the wrestling business. He has a true passion for it. Whether or not what he says in his "Rock" promos is him or for show, I respect everything he says.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I don't know if you remember when "Dwayne/Rock" first returned last year but I was all about defending John Cena. The one thing that keeps me from hating him as a person is he is very loyal to the wrestling business. He has a true passion for it. Whether or not what he says in his "Rock" promos is him or for show, I respect everything he says.

I just know you're not the biggest Cena fan, so its nice to see you still have some respect for him. Besides, its not really his fault the way he's booked. I loved his promo on Monday night (best part of WWE programming this week for me) because it did come across as truthful. The fact that any wrestling fan is backing The Rock in his match with Cena at 'Mania makes me want to puke.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I just know you're not the biggest Cena fan, so its nice to see you still have some respect for him. Besides, its not really his fault the way he's booked. I loved his promo on Monday night (best part of WWE programming this week for me) because it did come across as truthful. The fact that any wrestling fan is backing The Rock in his match with Cena at 'Mania makes me want to puke.
It's true I have no love loss for John Cena. Just thinking that he has as many world title reigns as Hulk Hogan is enough to make me want to violently assault a deer. Aside from that I do have tons of respect for John Cena, the man behind the entertainer. TBH I was once a mark for him, back when he was a young heel. WWE just neutered him hardcore. And then pushed him to the moon. But yeah, he is true sport and it makes me laugh anyone is "Team Film It". WWE probably picked the one man from the 'Attitude Era' that I wouldn't get behind in this feud.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
WWE probably picked the one man from the 'Attitude Era' that I wouldn't get behind in this feud.

Agreed. I couldn't imagine rooting against anyone from AE except The Rock.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
It's my dream to become a superstar. But it probably won't happen. I'd give anything. The Rock had the talent and he did big things with it. There wasn't one time when the rock came out of the curtain that every fan didn't stand on their feet and cheer or boo their asses off. He had everything. And then all of a sudden he was gone. After wrestlemania 20 he didn't even say goodbye. He just left. He left to become a tooth fairy. Just perfect. The Rock was only a full time wrestler until 2001. He left in 2001 to film the scorpion king. John Cena has so much passion for this business its incredible. Whether John is annoying or not, he gives his all day in and day out and will never leave. Then after seven fucking years... If ya smell what the rock is cooking. OMG the rock is back... Via sattelite. The rocks ego is so big that he appears live on raw for very special occasions. I can't wait to see the rocks response to Cena this Monday on raw. All I hope is that John Cena puts his boot to the rocks ass and defeats him at 'Mania. Dwayne deserves it. But I'm sure these stupid fans will keep cheering him just because he's the rock. If he wanted to be a movie star then he should have never become a wrestler. He should have never made us love him then leave.

The Viper

Reaction score
It's my dream to become a superstar. But it probably won't happen. I'd give anything. The Rock had the talent and he did big things with it. There wasn't one time when the rock came out of the curtain that every fan didn't stand on their feet and cheer or boo their asses off. He had everything. And then all of a sudden he was gone. After wrestlemania 20 he didn't even say goodbye. He just left. He left to become a tooth fairy. Just perfect. The Rock was only a full time wrestler until 2001. He left in 2001 to film the scorpion king. John Cena has so much passion for this business its incredible. Whether John is annoying or not, he gives his all day in and day out and will never leave. Then after seven fucking years... If ya smell what the rock is cooking. OMG the rock is back... Via sattelite. The rocks ego is so big that he appears live on raw for very special occasions. I can't wait to see the rocks response to Cena this Monday on raw. All I hope is that John Cena puts his boot to the rocks ass and defeats him at 'Mania. Dwayne deserves it. But I'm sure these stupid fans will keep cheering him just because he's the rock. If he wanted to be a movie star then he should have never become a wrestler. He should have never made us love him then leave.

If Kevin Dunn asked you to suck him off for a contract and an immediate spot on the main roster, would you do it?

If yes, that's dedication.

Also, this upcoming Raw will be very interesting, indeed.

Sent from my trusty HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk.

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
blah blah blah...the Rock was fuckin money during the Attitude Era and was 1000 times more entertaining imo then Stone Cold....he became a movie star...Piper tried, Ventura tried, Hogan REAAALY tried....if any of those had the Box Office results Rock does they would have done the same thing...Cena has even tried to do action movies...and if Marine made half the money Rock's movies did Cena would be wrestling about as often as Undertaker...you guys with your high and mighty view about the Rock selling out make me fucking sick...and yes I call him the Rock....it's what I always have and always will this smarmy ass "Dwayne" horseshit is infuriating....he came back...and is doing something in the E at least...and that is fine with me and it shold be with everyone else...wrestling is great and I love it always have....but to fault someone for wanting to conquer something else after he was on top for a good run is fuckin LAME...Hogan, Flair, and other stick around way to long...why? Flair and Hogan are both BROKE!! they should be filthy rich...they aren't here for the "love" of wrestling....they are around cuz need the money and love the spotlight and this is the only way they could have it...you hate on the Rock for leaving and become a massive movie star....but yet if Stone Cold comes back you all mark out like school girls....woo hoo go Woman Beating Drunk Redneck!...ugh I can't wait for Mania to be over so I don't have to hear this whiny shit about Rock leaving anymore...ugh...I hope they book Rock to go over Cena and then have him beat Daniel Bryan and CM Punk to unify the belts then set them on fire

The Viper

Reaction score
blah blah blah...the Rock was fuckin money during the Attitude Era and was 1000 times more entertaining imo then Stone Cold....he became a movie star...Piper tried, Ventura tried, Hogan REAAALY tried....if any of those had the Box Office results Rock does they would have done the same thing...Cena has even tried to do action movies...and if Marine made half the money Rock's movies did Cena would be wrestling about as often as Undertaker...you guys with your high and mighty view about the Rock selling out make me fucking sick...and yes I call him the Rock....it's what I always have and always will this smarmy ass "Dwayne" horseshit is infuriating....he came back...and is doing something in the E at least...and that is fine with me and it shold be with everyone else...wrestling is great and I love it always have....but to fault someone for wanting to conquer something else after he was on top for a good run is fuckin LAME...Hogan, Flair, and other stick around way to long...why? Flair and Hogan are both BROKE!! they should be filthy rich...they aren't here for the "love" of wrestling....they are around cuz need the money and love the spotlight and this is the only way they could have it...you hate on the Rock for leaving and become a massive movie star....but yet if Stone Cold comes back you all mark out like school girls....woo hoo go Woman Beating Drunk Redneck!...ugh I can't wait for Mania to be over so I don't have to hear this whiny shit about Rock leaving anymore...ugh...I hope they book Rock to go over Cena and then have him beat Daniel Bryan and CM Punk to unify the belts then set them on fire

"High and mighty"? C'mon.

The thing that irks me about Rock (don't get me wrong, him making a ton of money in Hollywood is great. Good for him), but what irks me about him is that he keeps saying he never left. Well TBH, yes he fucking did. For 7 years. I'm glad you're a Rocky fan. That's fine. But we think what we think and what we think is that he left for 7 years, dropped "The Rock" pretty much from his name, came back like nothing happened, says he'll never leave then left for a few months, came back and had a good showing at Survivor Series in a shitty match and then left.

Contrary to what you say, I personally think he couldn't give 2 shits anymore about wrestling. That's fine but he shouldn't keep saying its his family and his home if that's the case.

Gentleman Jake

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
blah blah blah blah...

it's not even that I am that big of a Rock fan...he was great and he came back did what was meant to do...got the fans in a frenzy...as far as saying he never left...it's what he is supposed to say...it's still wrestling...they still have storylines they are trying to further and promote...wether they are laced with truth or not......as far as dropping The Rock name....it's was probably something is publicist and directors suggested...ugh...I can't argue with you guys anyway...

The Viper

Reaction score
blah blah blah blah...

it's not even that I am that big of a Rock fan...he was great and he came back did what was meant to do...got the fans in a frenzy...as far as saying he never left...it's what he is supposed to say...it's still wrestling...they still have storylines they are trying to further and promote...wether they are laced with truth or not......as far as dropping The Rock name....it's was probably something is publicist and directors suggested...ugh...I can't argue with you guys anyway...

How is this arguing, though? I thought forums are for conversations, no? If not, then I'll play your game. Blah blah blah blah blah

This is how I feel. Sorry.

Sabretooth

Reaction score

Well it seems like your fired up. I was gonna offer an argument but ApexPredator pretty much said it all. The Rock should have done one of the following things.

1. Never leave wrestling
2. Not come back after seven years.

Like Apex said, he shouldn't have left when he was still in his prime, dropped The Rock from his name, pretty much never talked about wrestling for 7 years, came back after turning his back for 7 years and acted like nothing happened, said he was never going to leave again, make sporadic appearances throughout the year (mostly via satellite).

I mark out if stone cold comes back because it's a special appearance. Stone Cold had to retire because of an injury. Who knows he might have stayed. It's better if a superstar makes a special appearance rather than come back and say he's not gonna leave then be an asshole by making two appearances every four months leading to main eventing the biggest pay ore view of the year.

I respect your opinion Professor, but you have to face the facts. the rock is an egotistical asswipe who's only coming back for his wallet.

Gentleman Jake

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
you mark out for a woman beater then you are a scumbag...

egos in wrestling and in hollywood?? that bastard!

I would tell you two things you should have never done but I am gonna be nice...

once again I am not a Rock mark or even a big fan of his BUT this hatred you guys have for him is petty and tiresome...
but yet Stone Cold who was arrested for beating his wife...is fine
Ric Flair is a scumbag as a human...no biggie
Kurt Angle drinks and drives a lot
Edge stole his best friends gf why he was out with an injury then got the guy fired COOL!

but hey a guy goes to Hollywood becomes a huge star and moves past something that he achieved everything he could in and he is unforgivable...fuckin please

How is this arguing, though? I thought forums are for conversations, no? If not, then I'll play your game. Blah blah blah blah blah

This is how I feel. Sorry.

trust me we haven't even begun to play my game...and I am not going to.....no one wants that
and you can feel that way but is there a need to talk about this horseshit everytime the rock is mentioned?

Sabretooth

Reaction score
While edge Ric flair stone cold and kurt angle might have done all that shit. One thing remains true. They stayed with wrestling. And what are those two things I shouldn't have done

Gentleman Jake

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
by your logic leaving wrestling is a bigger sin then beating your wife?

ask your dad for an allowance and buy a fuckin clue

and really Viper we can drop the two things...cuz I am being nice tonite

The Viper

Reaction score
you mark out for a woman beater then you are a scumbag...

egos in wrestling and in hollywood?? that bastard!

I would tell you two things you should have never done but I am gonna be nice...

once again I am not a Rock mark or even a big fan of his BUT this hatred you guys have for him is petty and tiresome...
but yet Stone Cold who was arrested for beating his wife...is fine
Ric Flair is a scumbag as a human...no biggie
Kurt Angle drinks and drives a lot
Edge stole his best friends gf why he was out with an injury then got the guy fired COOL!

but hey a guy goes to Hollywood becomes a huge star and moves past something that he achieved everything he could in and he is unforgivable...fuckin please

trust me we haven't even begun to play my game...and I am not going to.....no one wants that
and you can feel that way but is there a need to talk about this horseshit everytime the rock is mentioned?

Yes, Flair is a scumbag but he's still in the business (although it's probably because he has to thanks to him being broke as fuck)

Stone Cold being accused of beating his wife sucks, yes. Yet, he's apologized and regrets the fuck out of the situation and still cares about showing up for the fans a couple of times a year.

Yes, Angle is a drunk fuck but he still puts on some great matches in TNA and is still here.

Name dropping Edge for THAT is "pitiful and tiresome". Edge got nobody fired. Matt Hardy publicly addressed the situation on a blog of his, I believe and the WWE fired him. Stealing a man's girlfriend is SHIT compared to what other wrestlers have done. Come on, Booty.

Like I said, him going to Hollywood and making money is fine, good for him, but he should NOT keep saying "the WWE is my home". Don't insult my fucking intelligence, Dwayne. It's not your home anymore. IMHO, he couldn't give 2 shits about wrestling anymore. Yet, he keeps praising it in front of the crowd (and I highly doubt he's told to say EVERYTHING).

Sorry.