The Rock starring as 'Hercules' in upcoming movie

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Dwayne Johnson is in talks to star in MGM's Hercules, to be directed by Brett Ratner (Tower Heist), reports Variety. The film is based on the Radical Publishing "Hercules" comic books of which there were two series, "The Thracian Wars" and "The Knives of Kush," both written by Steve Moore with Cris Bolsin on art. "The Thracian Wars" was described as follows:

Fourteen-hundred years ago, a tormented soul walked the Earth that was neither man nor god. Hercules, powerful son of the god king Zeus, received nothing but suffering his entire life. After twelve arduous labors and the loss of his family, this dark, world-weary soul turned his back on the gods, finding his only solace in bloody battle. Over the years he warmed to the company of six similar souls, their only bond being their love of fighting and the presence of death. These men and woman never question where, why, or whom they go to fight; only how much they will be paid. Knowing this, the King of Thrace has hired these mercenaries to train his men to become the greatest army of all time. Hercules begins to question King Cotys' motives when he takes his army out to battle and sees them practice on innocent men, women, and children of their neighbors. Deep in his soul something stirs, but is it enough to stop a mad king and his army of the damned from marching across Greece - or even Olympus itself?!

The screenplay was written by Ryan Condol. MGM's Roger Birnbaum, Gary Barber and Jonathan Glickman will produce with Peter Berg and his Film 44 partner Sarah Aubrey, as well as Barry Levine of Radical Pictures, whose Jesse Berger will executive produce.

Johnson can currently be seen in theaters in Journey 2: The Mysterious Island and this summer in G.I. Joe: Retaliation. He will next film Michael Bay's Pain and Gain.

Now our good friend Dwayne Johnson formally known as the rock before he decided to leave is being considered for a role as Hercules in the upcoming movie. He's currently going to begin filming pain and gain shortly after wrestlemania 28. Just another excuse to leave for six months before he wrestles at summerslam. This man makes me sick

Last edited by a moderator:

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Re: Dwayne's latest movie

1. This really is movie news more than wrestling.

2. Source?

Reactions: 1 person

Sabretooth

Reaction score

1. This really is movie news more than wrestling.

2. Source?

1. It is the rock so it's wrestling

2. Pwtorch.com

"The Rock" Dwayne Johnson is in talks with MGM to star in their upcoming "Hercules" movie, which will be directed by notable producer/director Brett Ratner, according to a report by Variety. Variety noted Johnson is currently preparing for his role in the "Pain and Gain" bodybuilding movie that begins production shortly after WrestleMania 28 in Miami.

[ LINK: Report at Variety.com ]

The Viper

Reaction score

1. It is the rock so it's wrestling

2. Pwtorch.com

"The Rock" Dwayne Johnson is in talks with MGM to star in their upcoming "Hercules" movie, which will be directed by notable producer/director Brett Ratner, according to a report by Variety. Variety noted Johnson is currently preparing for his role in the "Pain and Gain" bodybuilding movie that begins production shortly after WrestleMania 28 in Miami.

[ LINK: Report at Variety.com ]

It's about a movie that Dwayne is gonna be in, it should go in The Hollywood Hills. I wish I can move it there but I unfortunately can not.

Sabretooth

Reaction score

I hate everyone :lol:

Postman Dave

Reaction score
I will say this. It's gonna have to go some way to beat the Disney cartoon :shifty:

The Viper

Reaction score
I will say this. It's gonna have to go some way to beat the Disney cartoon :shifty:

Yo, that series was FUCKING EPIC!!! I don't care what anyone says. That shit was part of my daily morning TV schedule along with House of Mouse, muthafucka!!!

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I enjoyed Bear in the Big Blue House. He looked so cute and cuddley

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I'm sorry mother fuckers but this can not touch Kevin Sorbo.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Don't forget the best Hercules of all Time:

83b7.jpg

And I am moving this to the entertainment news section.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
He just put it in the Hollywood Hills main section. Its ok AP I helped us out. I moved it down there.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage