"The Punisher" Kevin Calvaco

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Montana

Chuck Taylor.. When will we see his awesomeness in ROH?

I think late 09 early 10. Rumor has it ROH isn't high on him, or at least that was the impression he said he gets from ROH. ROH is going for more experienced guys now, but i think sooner or later he will get a shot.

Beer Money Army

Southern Hostility 2008.

what would you rate Danielson Vs Claudio and Lynn Vs Nigel Matches from this show?

I given Danielson vs Claudio 3.5 good No DQ matchup. But i felt there match when both were faces in early 2008 is much better.

i given Nigel/Lynn 4.0 really good match, the mix of Nigel trying to win by countout was a nice add to it and then nigel using the ropes to win was a nice touche to continue this feud. (i dislike lynn, but this match was pretty solid)

aries Vs Black Wrestling at the gateway?

I given 3.5 nice match, i just felt it should of been given a bit more time than 15 mins. Glad Black got the win tho.

Qwake

Did you see the Dark City Fight Club Vs Cheech and Cloudy match on ROH's 3rd HDNet show? If so, what did you thiink of DCFC and who would you like to see them face in ROH in time to come?

How long do you think Jerry Lynn will hold the ROH World title for and how long do you think he should hold it for?

Who do you think will take the title from Lynn and who do you want to take the title from Lynn?

What would you rate Danielson Vs Aries from the 3rd HDNet show? Any comments on this match?

PS: If you haven't yet seen the show, get back to these questions, I also recomend you do watch the show, I found it quite good and the DCFC squash match was worth watching imo. If you have seen the show, then I look forward to your answers lol.

Montana

what would you rate Danielson Vs Claudio and Lynn Vs Nigel Matches from this show?

This is the only show from 08 i didn't see. I did see Danielson vs Cluadio though. I gave it a 4.0. The show seemed a little lackluster besides the two main matches.

aries Vs Black Wrestling at the gateway?

I had that at about 3.75. Good match, but im not a huge fan of the massive Tyler Black push.

Did you see the Dark City Fight Club Vs Cheech and Cloudy match on ROH's 3rd HDNet show? If so, what did you thiink of DCFC and who would you like to see them face in ROH in time to come?

Actually the match i'd like to see is them see the phoenix twins, which is scheduled for the upcoming Chicago show. I think they worked great with Steenerico. I think they would work best against a fast, high flying team. SImilar to the squash match.

Dark City Fight Club did look pretty impressive, however they do need a new attire, as mentioned by some fans on the site. I was a little upset the American Wolves won the tag belts. I thought Steenerico should hold the belts until DCFC comes up and pulls off an upset.

How long do you think Jerry Lynn will hold the ROH World title for and how long do you think he should hold it for?

I think he will hold it until June-July timeframe, and thats the same time i think he should hold it. A small 3-4 month reign, so its not a complete flop/transition champ. But not long enough to get stale.

Who do you think will take the title from Lynn and who do you want to take the title from Lynn?

I hate to say it, but i think Tyler Black will beat Jerry Lynn, but i hope CHris Hero or Austin Aries beat Jerry Lynn. As mentioned before, im not sold on Tyler Black as being a guy who can carry a company. Great wrestler, but he's one dimenisional imo. Plus he hasn't been in ROH all that long, as has gotten pushed very fast.

What would you rate Danielson Vs Aries from the 3rd HDNet show? Any comments on this match?

3.5, good match, but Dragon/Aries can easily pull off a better match. I was actually expecting a little more, but felt this was pretty solid. It seems like they don't want to go all out on the tv shows so people still buy the dvds/ppvs.

Hometown Kid

How do you think ROH has handled Jimmy Jacobs? I mean, he's lost a lot lately and his storyline opportunities are growing thinner by the month...what do you think the future holds for him?

Montana

Predictions for UFC 97?

I think Silva and Rua are going to win, not real familiar with the other fighters.

What is your ethnicity?

White

How do you think ROH has handled Jimmy Jacobs? I mean, he's lost a lot lately and his storyline opportunities are growing thinner by the month...what do you think the future holds for him?

Its sucked since Pearce took over. It's only had like one big win, and that was against Bryan Danielson, and other than that, he's been completely jobbed out. I have no clue what the future holds for him. I'd like to say he will turn it around, but idk. He might even look to explore his options when his contract runs out. I can't see the wwe being interesting, but TNA might. If TNA was smart, they would sign as much of the ROH roster as possible.

But i think if he does stay in ROH, i would have to think eventually he will get used a little better. The guy is been on the roster longer than most all other wrestlers, with the exception of a few. It just seems like pearce has nothing for him. I think he's at that spot now where he's hit the ceiling. They dont consider him world champ material, and he couldn't really go any farther up.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

Do you think Brent Albright is a possible ROH Champion in 2010/2011?

Montana

Do you think Brent Albright is a possible ROH Champion in 2010/2011?

Yeah, I even thought he was a dark horse candidate to beat Nigel. It seemed after his face turned he had a ton of momentum and fan support. He also never faced Nigel for a title shot, and at one point it didnt seem like there was anyone left. So i was thinking he could have been a shocking upset win. I actually just watched Albright vs Nigel and it was a pretty good match 3.75, but it left you wanting more. Perhaps a Pure rules match.

So now, in 2009, Albright needs to be put in a good fued. I'm not talking about against Claudio. I can't see him winning the belt, this year like you mentioned, but i think if he's still around in 2010, and not stale, I could certainly see him being in title consideration.

I think he would make a pretty solid champ, depending how they build him up to the title. It seems like he's pretty passionate about wrestlers, and fully supports ROH. I also think Brent Albright steps his game up, when he needs to. So i think if he were to win the belt, he could have a interesting title run. Even though Heel runs are always more fun.

Montana

Actually the match i'd like to see is them see the phoenix twins, which is scheduled for the upcoming Chicago show. I think they worked great with Steenerico. I think they would work best against a fast, high flying team. SImilar to the squash match.

Dark City Fight Club did look pretty impressive, however they do need a new attire, as mentioned by some fans on the site. I was a little upset the American Wolves won the tag belts. I thought Steenerico should hold the belts until DCFC comes up and pulls off an upset.

I take that back.....I'd like to see them face the Briscoes or MCMG. Their matches at Proving Ground are pretty bad ass, and quickly becoming my favorite thing in ROH at the moment.

Beer Money Army

sorry that i havent answer your question in my thread, i wanna answer it when i am 100% sober lol..

But my question here is smackdown 02.27.09 edition

Colons vs Miz/morrison what would you rate it?

I rated it 3.0 nice lil tag match went for 9:42, i very rarely give match under 10 mins ****, but this was a nice tag bout if it went for longer it could of been one of the best tag matches inside a wwe ring for a very long time?

phantomgerald

Don't you find the story of Tiger Mask intriguing? A character that transcends generations and makes the wrestler rather than the other way round.

Qwake

I take that back.....I'd like to see them face the Briscoes or MCMG. Their matches at Proving Ground are pretty bad ass, and quickly becoming my favorite thing in ROH at the moment.

I definitely agree, they are really starting to impress me and I am going to follow them closely, I mean, I liked what they did in a 3min squash match so imagine giving them a 20 minute match against the likes of the Briscoes, MCMG or even some Japanese wrestlers, that would be awesome. Thanks for answering my questions.

Montana

Colons vs Miz/morrison what would you rate it?

If its the one i'm thinking of...I'd say about 3.0 3.25 as well. Just about every matchup with these teams has been good. Some matches are just given more time than others. I think if you gave these guys some time and a good stipulation, they would put on a hell of a match. (Thats what they should have done at mania, like a tables match or something)

Don't you find the story of Tiger Mask intriguing? A character that transcends generations and makes the wrestler rather than the other way round.

Never really thought about it too much, but now that you mention it, it is rather interesting. I guess i'm not too familar with the history, and how much of a honor it is to wear the mask, but i do think it's different and good for wrestling. I wouldn't mind a similar tradition in the states, however with WWE focusing on Entertainment, we really don't see much in terms of history, or tradition on a weekly basis. Yeah, legends are showcased, but traditions tend to die. Good point as well about the mask making the wrestler, as well.

I definitely agree, they are really starting to impress me and I am going to follow them closely, I mean, I liked what they did in a 3min squash match so imagine giving them a 20 minute match against the likes of the Briscoes, MCMG or even some Japanese wrestlers, that would be awesome. Thanks for answering my questions.

I still think them and the phoenix twins would be a bad ass match, as long as its not a squash. But when the Briscoes come back....look out. Certainly not digging the American Wolves at the moments. Stevens and Strong look great too. ROH's tag division is getting better. Titus/KIng isn't a bad combo either, but Titus is still learning the ropes so to speak. But a good undercard duo.