"The Punisher" Kevin Calvaco

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Montana

Who do you think deserves the next shot at Nigel for the title in ROH?

I'd want to see Generico get his shot at Nigel. That would be a great match. I'm surprised he hasn't gotten a shot yet. Storyline wise, Daneilson should be getting a shot soon. Tyler Black has created a good buzz about himself. Even the new Knock out kid, Chris Hero is picking up steam. Can't forget roddick Strong too.

What do you think of the Cena/Batista feuds, and when should have it happened?

I had this crazy thought today. Randy Orton should be returning soon right? When would be a good time to return? SummerSlam. During which match...yes, you guessed it Cena/Batista. This would be a perfect time. He could screw over a huge match at SS and return with major heat, and two fueds right off the bat. So if they go with that angle, its perfect right now. If not i would have held off till WM, for them to go one on one.

Round about when do you think CM Punk will drop the WHC and to who?

I'd like to see Jericho get the belt, BUT i think Punk is going to drop it to Batista at Survivor Series, or around there.

how long you reckon it will be until beer Money inc is tag champs?

Never. They will break up before that. I believe its MCMG turn for the tag straps.

Q1. How long would you give Taylor Wilde's TNA Knockouts title run before she drops it to hopefully ODB?

I would have had it be a 1 day run, and dropped it right back to kong, BUT i'd say they will give her a few months so maybe late sept ish.

Q2. Don't you wish that Ric Flair is still around now that DiBiase Jr/Rhodes have swagger jacked Randy Orton and became heels?

Sure, I think Flair will return as a character in some sorts in a little bit. Good promos would be the result of Flair/Priceless

Q3. Who should be the next ROH Wrestler to be brought up to TNA?

Jack Evans. No doubt, he could redefine the X division. No one else could have the "impact" he could.

edgehead09

Reaction score
wat do u think of the new ROH Best of DVDs. i personally love the rivalries one because JIMMY JACOBS is my new hero

Montana

wat do u think of the new ROH Best of DVDs. i personally love the rivalries one because JIMMY JACOBS is my new hero

Its the best of the best wrestling company around. I only have the bloodstaind honor dvd, but that disc is incredible. The worst match on there would be a motyc any year. Depending what style of wrestling you like, i tihnk ROH seperated the dvds type nicely. Greatest rivialarys is on my want list. I seen a few of those matches. (i was there live for jacobs/whitmer cage match) These dvds are a good way to introduce new fans to the ROH roster too. Hopefully they are selling well, however they are hard to find at FYE for me, and they arent sold at Best Buy near me, so these are sorta rare to find.

edgehead09

Reaction score
^dude u have to get rivalries...briscoe bros vs. aries/strong....dude i marked out like six times

also while i was watching it i realized something....ppl can "mark out" for ROH so much more as new fans because they dont kno when the match will end...the referees counts look so real...also u dont kno the finishing hold of the ppl so u cant tell if the match will be over....

do u agree

Montana

^dude u have to get rivalries...briscoe bros vs. aries/strong....dude i marked out like six times

also while i was watching it i realized something....ppl can "mark out" for ROH so much more as new fans because they dont kno when the match will end...the referees counts look so real...also u dont kno the finishing hold of the ppl so u cant tell if the match will be over....

do u agree

Yeah, i agree. Some new fans are kinda surprised a match can end with elbows or a lariat, but thats what makes it exciting. When HHH hits the pedigree you know its over. In ROH wrestlers have 3-4 moves that put wrestlers away. On top of top, they perform certain moves off the top, or on the side of the ring apron. Really creates a much better climax for the match.

I've seen Briscoes vs Aries/Strong. Very good tag match. In fact i've seen 5 out of the 8 matches already. Everything i've seen is **** or better too, so you know you get your moneys worth.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
side question here, does Greatest Rivalries have Joe vs Kobashi? That would blow anything TNA's done away, it's great for new fans.

Do you think Chris Hero will get a serious push soon, and do you think he'll ever be ROH Champ?

edgehead09

Reaction score
if u dont mind Montana ill answer one of HFH questions....Joe vs. Kobashi is on best in the world

Montana...wat i was talking about is wat u said...like Kobashi beat Joe with a lariat...who does that in the 'E

do you think ROH will ever get as big as TNA and then WWE

Moonlight Drive

What do you think of Umaga?

Are you like me and think Mr.Kennedy is EXTREMELY overrated or that he is the future?

Sort of similiar to above, who do you believe truly is the No. 2 Company, RoH or TNA just because they're on TV?

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

nate757 said:
if u dont mind Montana ill answer one of HFH questions....Joe vs. Kobashi is on best in the world
Actually the event it is on is called Joe vs Kobashi. I watched it on DVD two days ago.

Anyway, how far do you think my man Kendrick can actually get up the card?

Do you see Zeke doing anything big in the future?

nate757 said:
actually its on the best in the world DVD and being that we were talkin about the ROH World release DVDs then it would be on that one
I also have the Best in the World DVD. So I'll type out the card for you:

KENTA and Naochimi Marafuji vs Bryan Danielson and Samoa Joe

The Briscoes Bros vs Roderick Strong and Jack Evans

Austin Aries vs Ricky Reyes

ROH Pure Title Match
Nigel McGuiness (c) vs Claudio Castagnoli

Christopher Daniels vs Alex Shelley

Adam Pearce battles Chris Hero & Necro Butcher

Four Corners Survival Match
Lacey vs Allison Danger vs Mercedes Martinez vs Daizee Haze

Jimmy Yang vs Jimmy Rave

Jimmy Rave vs Pelle Primeau

If you want to continue to argue you are just being stubborn.

edgehead09

Reaction score
actually it goes like this

ROH WORLD TITLE MATCH
dainelson vs. storm

ROH WORLD TITLE MATCH
Morishima vs. McGuinness

ROH WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH
Briscoes vs. Maruki Doi and Shingo

RACE TO THE TOP FINALS
El Generico vs. Claudio Castagnoli

SAMOA JOE VS. KENTA KOBASHI

AJ Styles and Matt Sydal vs. Dragon Kid and Genki Horiguchi

KENTA vs. Austin Aries

Samoa Joe vs. Kikutaro with Mick Foley

CM Punk vs. Terry Funk

so basically OWNED

a) That's a best of DVD.

b) It wouldn't have that name since they usedf that name for an event. Joe vs Kobashi is actually from Joe vs Kobashi.

edgehead09

Reaction score
yes...i kno this as before the match it said the name of the show...Joe vs. Kobaski but im pretty sure that HFH just wanted that match so if u just want that match then he should get the Best in the World DVD from like FYE