"The Punisher" Kevin Calvaco

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Montana

Say ROH suddenly wanted to challenge TNA for number two spot. How would you have them go about this? What should they put a real emphasis on?

Well, they would have to get on tv and basically do what they do best. Continue with having great matches. Make it a more serious organization about competition. I'd put the focus on the attitude and emotion roh normally has. Keeping the original values and code of honor would be important too. I think gettin on tv and keeping things about the same is key. Also not losing a lot of key talent.

To add on... I think If ROH goes to television there is one guy that could be key, and he's not a wrestler. Its paul heyman. If they used him as a on screen role i think it would make a big buzz in the wrestling world. At least with the IWC. I also think a few well known veterns would really help too. To go with the old ecw theme, i'd have Heyman bring back RVD and Raven. Raven doing the age of the fall thing. RVD in for a special match here and there. THen add heyman for storyline purposes.

Do you think TNA should kept The Matt Bentley/Traci Brooks thing going, but in a heel role?

No, im not a fan of his at all, and kinda glad he's gone. Too generic for me. Nothing stood out about him, and he's very high on a roster that was too big. It was a good move at the time. As far as him heel/face i wouldnt think it mattered. If you don't have "it" then you dont.

who do you think are the 5 future TNA Talent?

Assuming Joe/AJ are no longer "future stars"

- Kaz

I dont see him becoming the face of the company, but i see him slowly moving his way up. Perhaps to win the tna belt in a few years.

- Homicide (if he counts)

If used as a singles wrestler, he has the ability to really get over.

- Robert Roode

Great heel. I'm not 100% sure TNA is going to be able to hang onto him. I think the wwe may have their eye on him. None the less, his stock is high.

- ALex Shelly

Seems to be a good fan favorite. If used right, MCMG good be the next DX.

- Jay Lethal

Same as Kaz, i can't seem him becoming the main attraction, but he's got a shot to win the tna belt.

Not too much good young talent in TNA anymore. Well, its not as plentiful as it once was.

Would you like this JBL/Rhodes/Teddy Thing to continue for a while???

Yes sir. I would have picked JBL to be Ted's partner. SO i really like this Trio. As i say a lot, if done right, this could be huge. I think the problem the wwe is going to run into is that eventually CTC fueding with them will get old. Then the creative staff, is going to shrug its shoulders, and look at each other. They could either make another trio, or just have them be in individual fueds. The wwe seems to get tripped up when things like this happen. They want everything to be perfect, but they normally have a fair share instances where they want the fans to overlook booking decisions. Like when Mabel turned into Big Daddy V, and was all of a sudden good.

But yeah, i think they should go as far as the booking staff has good ideas.

KenFan4life

Reaction score
Hey...Yo Bitch ass Pussy Mon-Ton-A...

Heres a quick-question fo-ya-queer ass....

ya-heard!?

ok....

cuz I'll cum-it-2-ya striaght up...

(sorry...but thats my intro the intense questioning)

KENFAN QUESTION-1: "Do You Like Undertaker's Biker Gimmick more then his Original Deadman gimmick?...or are you a Deadman fan fo-life?"

KenFan Question-2; the long awaited sequel the question 1: "Do you think that the Current Mr.Kennedy/MVP feud could possibly propell both men into the main event status....(if done right)? "

KenFan-Question 3: "Could I say what I said without getting banned...cuz ain't streetfight like hell in a thread?(honest question by the way)."

KenFan Question 4: "Undertaker vs Umaga....are you looking forward to it?"

Beer Money Army

do you Think Y2J 2nd Return was a failure, due to being in a feud with the wwe champion straight away?

Montana

"Do You Like Undertaker's Biker Gimmick more then his Original Deadman gimmick?...or are you a Deadman fan fo-life?"

I liked the deadman gimmick better. It got to a point where it stale. I agree with everything the wwe did. He's probably had some of the best character devolopment in history. When you went to the Biker gimmick it was the right time, when that got stale, he did the right thing and went back to a newer verison of taker. No complaints here.

"Do you think that the Current Mr.Kennedy/MVP feud could possibly propell both men into the main event status....(if done right)? "

No, for the simple fact I can't see both of them starting to main event at the same time. I think they will both get there in a matter of time, although i don't think just being in this fued will jump them to that status. They are both ready imo, so i think its basically going to come down to when the wwe needs a new face/heel in the main event

"Could I say what I said without getting banned...cuz ain't streetfight like hell in a thread?(honest question by the way)."

Yeah you can get banned for whatever. You can get banned if you look at me funny. Or if you say something i dont like. Mod > you, its not too hard of a concept to grasp.

"Undertaker vs Umaga....are you looking forward to it?"

Ehh, I wouldnt want to see it for 3 months, but i'd take a 1 month fued. There is a lot of other matches i'd rather see. Neither of these guys talk much, so i would think it would be tough to have good buildup to the match.

do you Think Y2J 2nd Return was a failure, due to being in a feud with the wwe champion straight away?

No, i don't look at it as a failure. I certainly don't think it went as well as they planned. I think the main reason it wasn't as sucessful was because he's not the same Y2J. He's doesnt seem to have the edge of the old Y2J. But now, i am enjoying his heel role. It seems like a good role for him at this point in his career. Older, wiser.

I dont have a problem with him entering the main event that soon. I thought they could have built that match up a little better though. I like a good buildup, and that had two of the biggest names in wrestling at the moment. I thought they could have drew that out a little longer.

The JBL/Jericho fued was solid as filler. I would have perfered him in a singles match at mania, but oh well.

Great fued with HBk at the moment too, i might add.

Beer Money Army

Who will win the 4 way on ecw to face Henry at Slam???

My analysis: I say Finlay.. I hear alot of People saying Matt Hardy.

(i think Hardy will be the man to knock henry but not at the time of year after having a horrible lost to Benjamin in which i say his U.S. Reign was a complete Failure and the belt should of stayed on MVP as it was one of the main attractions on Smackdown)...

My choice why I pick Finlay... veteran workers, knows how to make people look good, he's the Princpal of the school in the game.. With hornswoggle with him, i can alot of Henry/Hornswoggle angles that will create heat for Henry in which can build him more as a dominant World Champ Heel...

so who do u think will win

Airfixx

1. So, GAB's a wrap... Anything in particular hit the spot for you?

2. Maybe a bit early in some respects, but has the prospect of anything in particular got you excited about Summerslam?

3. Raw ME looks set, but who'd ya think's next for HHH @ Summerslam? ...or do you think they'll just write Edge in for a re-match?

Personally I'm pissed about the rumoured Kennedy & MVP fued, because IMO the time is perfect for MVP to step up (as it would have been for Kennedy if Edge was currently champ).

But hey, this is about YOUR thoughts! LOL

4. I understand he needed to drop the title when he did and it's good for him to have finally had his first singles reign, but (especially when bearing in mind how much time they invested in the Hardy/MVP) what do you think of Matt Hardy's US title reign?

5. ....What now for him? Fast-track him to a title shot against Henry or have him regain some momentum with a 'victorious' non-title fued .. If so, who, how etc.?

6. How p*ssed would you be if you were one of the guys who'd had the SSP veto'd by Vince, only to see them eventually let Sydall use it? LOL

....Seriously though, you think this'll set some kind of president in terms of them loosening move-set restrictions or similar or is just 'E making an exception cos they think they've got some seriously hot shit on their hands (i.e. Sydall/Bourne)?

Montana

Who will win the 4 way on ecw to face Henry at Slam???

I agree with your logic, although i'd still say its about 50/50 between those guys. IF they were to put Hardy vs Henry, it kinda blows the load, and there really isn't a another top contender better than hardy. To me, it makes sense to have Henry beat Finlay, to set up a better Henry/Hardy match down the road. With that being said, the wwe may try and go all out at SummerSlam and just put Henry vs Hardy. But to me, it should be Henry vs Finlay, to establish henry as a better champ first. Matt Hardy can fued with Morrision/Miz in the meantime.

1. So, GAB's a wrap... Anything in particular hit the spot for you?

No, not really. I noticed how strong the card was booked. TO me, if you threw a MITB match and a few celebs in the mix, its just as good as mania, booking wise. Or close enough. Two big title matches, two big grudge matches. I liked the Punk/Batista match, kinda mad that got ruined, however not too surprised. I expected a lot better from Edge/HHH. I also didnt think Shelton/Edgeheads deserved to win the belts. I also thought the delany heel turn, may have been one of the more shocking turns in recend memory. I dont think anyone saw that coming so soon.

2. Maybe a bit early in some respects, but has the prospect of anything in particular got you excited about Summerslam?

Another HBK/Jericho match. But the idea of a Cena vs Batista match at SummerSlam could be huge. I also want to see CM Punk get a legit win. I'm think we are going to see Cena vs Batista vs Punk Vs JBL. HHH vs (Hardy, MVP, Kennedy) would be cool, but we will probably see him face Edge, again.

3. Raw ME looks set, but who'd ya think's next for HHH @ Summerslam? ...or do you think they'll just write Edge in for a re-match?

Im thinking rematch, Edge always get a rematch. I can't anyone else on the roster getting a shot yet, except maybe taker when he returns. A lot of the guys are very close to the main event though. I do think very soon would be a good time for HHH/MVP

4. I understand he needed to drop the title when he did and it's good for him to have finally had his first singles reign, but (especially when bearing in mind how much time they invested in the Hardy/MVP) what do you think of Matt Hardy's US title reign?

It sucked. plain and simple. I don't even think he defended the belt twice on ppv. For someone who had the perfect return at mania, someone dropped the ball somewhere, on the booking staff. I really think it wasn't even worth it for him to win.

5. ....What now for him? Fast-track him to a title shot against Henry or have him regain some momentum with a 'victorious' non-title fued .. If so, who, how etc.?

WELL, what i WOULD have done, as have Matt Hardy be the one to reveal Edge is a cheater. I would have had Edge win the belt. Nice little fued there. Looking at whats on ECW, it makes sense to have him fued with Morrision/Miz for a little bit. I have to think he's bound to win the ECW belt if he sticks around in ECW longer. I'd try something outside of the box with Matt Hardy now too. Maybe have a big storyline with Orton returning, and Matt Hardy does a surprise heel turn and joins Orton. Idk, Hardy is in a tough spot now, but the easy solution is Morrision then Henry.

6. How p*ssed would you be if you were one of the guys who'd had the SSP veto'd by Vince, only to see them eventually let Sydall use it? LOL

....Seriously though, you think this'll set some kind of president in terms of them loosening move-set restrictions or similar or is just 'E making an exception cos they think they've got some seriously hot shit on their hands (i.e. Sydall/Bourne)?

The wwe did the right thing. IF everyone did a SSP, there wouldnt be anything special about it. The Sydal Press is one of the best looking SSP around. Don't blame Sydal, blame brock lesnar (who sucks FYI) Plus, two of his other signature moves were stolen by wwe talents. They wouldnt let him do the here we go driver, or the belly to belly off the top. His SSP is really one of his less risky moves.

I dont think its loseing up the rules. The wwe does allow a lot. No sense going overboard. Their wrestlers are big investments. Plus the wwe is more in the entertainment market anyways.

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
Would you like the brand exchange to end?

Do you think ECW can handle being on its own?

What would you rank all the Champions in the WWE right now? (Out of 10 and a reason please :) )

Montana

Would you like the brand exchange to end?

Im thinking you mean seperate brands, rather than the draft? I think the wwe has been doing fine with the seperate brands. It should mean more money in the long run with 2 different brands as well. I think thats the key everyone forgets. I like the draft every year, and i like brands crossing near mania.

Do you think ECW can handle being on its own?

Sure, i dont see why not. There is always some good young talent they can bring up. They will likely always use a few stale veterns in ECW to give them a boost as well. A 1.0 rating on Sci Fi isnt bad.

What would you rank all the Champions in the WWE right now? (Out of 10 and a reason please )

Hmm, lets see who i can remember...

CM Punk 6/10 .... has potential to be a 10. Hasnt done much yet. Some poor endings to his matches hurt.

Koffi Kingston 4/10 ....Ehh, beats Jericho then loses to Burhcill. I dont know, hes fun and excting, just nothing too special.

Simply Priceless 7/10 ... Havent done much, but they are already one of the better tag teams in a while.

Mickie (i Think) 6/10 Doing good.

HHH 4/10.....good champ, but he just had a poor match with Edge. We've seen just about everything HHH can do, and he doesnt seem to realize this.

Shelton 2/10 Poor choice to beat Hardy imo. Wtf has this guy been doing for the past 2 years???

EdgeHeads 2/10 Again, Poor choice. What are these guys record??

Michelle McCool 7/10 ....i like it

Mark Henry 6/10 ... If he beats Hardy, if could jump way up.

Pretty poor, imo. Lots of title changes in the past few months, and no one has really established themselves yet.

Hell ill do TNA and ROH Too.

Samoa Joe - 7.5 ...doin well, could be better

LAX 9/10 solid, this is what champs should be

Petey 2/10.... Injuries

Taylor Wilds - 2/10 ....Kong was a 10

Nigel 8.5/10 ......having great matches and a great heel, just needs a few more solid defenses and a wider range of offense to please some ROHbots

AOTF 7/10 As a faction 10/10 but they've recently won the belts. Had some big defenses but steenerico is coming for them

MikeRaw

^Just so you know, by brand exchange, I think he mean's the exchange between Smackdown and ECW, I could be wrong though, but that's what the brand exchange is...

Montana

^Just so you know, by brand exchange, I think he mean's the exchange between Smackdown and ECW, I could be wrong though, but that's what the brand exchange is...

Oh, i think its fine how the brand exchange is going too. After a draft there doesnt need to be much movement, but if SD/ECW get stale, its availible. Im cool with it. As long as they dont over do it, whihc i dont think they have yet.

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
Thanks man lol Rep+..

Do you like the new design of the ECW title?

Montana

Do you like the new design of the ECW title?

I didnt get great look at it, but from what i saw, it looked really good from a distance. Up close it looked a little corny. What did you think?

Montana

do you think smackdown should go live?

Well, the thing is, the television channel doesnt want the show to be live. If they didnt care, i would say yes. But since they don't like it, no sense spending more moneyand pissing off the people at the station. Only to bring alittle more excitement to the fans. All you have to do is not read the spoilers, and its basically like the show is live. Plus you can edit better if its taped. So as a fan, i'd like it, as a business man, it wouldnt make much sense.