• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

"The Punisher" Kevin Calvaco

Montana

Do you Think AJ Styles should be the Man to defeat Samoa Joe for the TNA world Championship?

Yeah, problem is they are both faces. I think the problem is they dont have a dominant heel. Angle kinda was, but he was more of a joke. Booker T could be that guy, but it doesnt look like that will be the case. Myself personally would turn Joe heel and give AJ a superman push. I've said that for a little while now. I can't recall Joe being heel, but i think he'd make a much better heel.

For some reason i could see Jeff Jarrett being involved with the world title upon his return as well. I thought he was a great heel champ.

Millzy Pt. 2

Reaction score
Q1. Do you think WWE is doing the right thing by repacking Elijah Burke?

Q2. Do you think there should be more 2nd generation wrestlers in the Rhodes/DeBiase stable?

Q3. When will it be the right time for Jimmy Rave to go solo and finally get a X-Division push?

Q4. And how do you feel about Samoa Joe and CM Punk being big time champions currently as ROH Alums?

Q5. Oh yeah who is your favorite WWE diva?

Montana

Q1. Do you think WWE is doing the right thing by repacking Elijah Burke?
Not sure, maybe they should have just used him back when he finished up with the new breed??? The guy was over, but yet they kept holding him back. I dont see how a new gimmick can help/hurt much. It kinda sucks cause he kinda hit the nail on the head with the last one. Hell, i liked him back on SD with other guy. I've always liked him so im sure i'll like the repackaged burke. If it means a push than good.

Q2. Do you think there should be more 2nd generation wrestlers in the Rhodes/DeBiase stable?

Nope two is enough for me. I think three would just be a odd combo. Conflicting personalities and whatnot. You can kinda tell dibiase and rhodes are very different. I'd rather see a Jericho or Orton led stable.

Q3. When will it be the right time for Jimmy Rave to go solo and finally get a X-Division push?

After they push the Rock N Rave connection. Maybe if they were taken a little more seriously and use real guitars rather than fake plastic ones. I think they could be a great tag team. Size and speed, both guys can wrestle and have a similar look and feel to them. I could see them being in a real good fued with MCMG if TNA used them. I'd say the tag belts are more valuable than the X division title now anyways. Once Rock n Rave runs its course, than i'd like to see Jimmy go solo.

Q4. And how do you feel about Samoa Joe and CM Punk being big time champions currently as ROH Alums?

Its good. Its good to see both guys that worked hard, and they didnt exactly fit the hulk hogan mold to suceed. I think TNA could be using Joe better in the grand scheme of things but hey. Its too early to comment on CM Punks run. I think it will be interesting to say the least. I kinda hope its similar to his ECW run, as to where they really didnt want the the belt on him, but he was over and did a great job, so they had him hold the belt longer. I'd hate to see Punk win the belt, just to get his MITB out the way for WM 25 Cena/Batista. Which i do think is the case. Hopefully Punk will still get a good run. Also look on my sig how proud CM Punk is.

Q5. Oh yeah who is your favorite WWE diva?

Right now i really like Ashley and Maryse. All time favs are sunny and Trish. Hmm, all four blondes??? go figure

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

Kurt Angle is the number one heel in TNA, but is kind of a joke to me at least. Besides him beating down AJ every week like TNA are doign, how would you go about making him a serious heel again?

Beer Money Army

Do You Think Finlay should be the #1 Contender for Mark Henry ECW World Championship for GAB????

While who in your mind should face Matt Hardy for his U.S. Championship for GAB??

do you Think HBK/Y2J will Happen at GAB or will this eye continue on and finally we will get the Match of WWE 2nd Biggest PPV of the Year Summerslam???

With Summerslam coming up, Do you think this PPV should be close to a Mania atmosphere Level feeling...

I always see Slam as #2, with Rumble as #3 and series #4 out of the PPV's...

(for such: Having held in arena that could fill 30000-50000)

Montana

Kurt Angle is the number one heel in TNA, but is kind of a joke to me at least. Besides him beating down AJ every week like TNA are doign, how would you go about making him a serious heel again?

I agree with you about it being a joke. I was thinking about it and there is no real quick fix to this situation. Kurt could spit on fans, hit AJ with a car, or throw him off the building, and i still think Angle won't be taken seriously right away. To me, the best serious angle was when he debuted in ECW. The fued with him and Angle was pretty realistic and they wanted to hurt each other. I do think this should be a great fued, if not fued of the year for TNA with these two.

To answer your question i think you have two options, keep Angle as a joking heel, and use someone like Booker T as the top serious heel, and put the belt on Booker. OR Just have Angle take out AJ for months. Then have him somehow convince Samoa Joe to turn heel and how the fans dont care about him. I think if Angle played mind games with Joe it would work out well for both.

Do You Think Finlay should be the #1 Contender for Mark Henry ECW World Championship for GAB????

Nope, I'd hold that fued off. No sense rushing it with a limited Roster on ECW. I could see them two fueding a lot of TV as well. Much more all ECW title fueds. Henry splashes hornswoggle or something. Heck we may have already seen that. Anyways, I'd save it for a SummerSlam street fight or something. I'd continue the Henry/ Delaney/Dreamer fued and either have Dreamer vs Henry or a three way.

While who in your mind should face Matt Hardy for his U.S. Championship for GAB??

I didnt really see the end of the match on SD but i know there was a fourway for the championship. I'd probably just do a rematch at GAB. I think all four of these men will be free. From what i saw it was a good match too.

do you Think HBK/Y2J will Happen at GAB or will this eye continue on and finally we will get the Match of WWE 2nd Biggest PPV of the Year Summerslam???

Again, I'd hold off till summerSlam. Hell GAB has HHH/Edge. It doesnt need any more big matches. I think i'd put HBK + Koffi vs Y2J + Cade at GAB. Tornado tag match or something.

With Summerslam coming up, Do you think this PPV should be close to a Mania atmosphere Level feeling...

I always see Slam as #2, with Rumble as #3 and series #4 out of the PPV's...

(for such: Having held in arena that could fill 30000-50000)

Well, sometimes they do big arenas for Summerslam. Just the recent years the wwe has tried to hold WM in huge venues. I think the WWE should keep doing what their doing with WM. If they can get 60-70,000 Do it. Plus, the whole city turns wwe-crazy. Its interesting to say that least. Going to a local bar and they have on wwe 24/7. Plus you have ROH coming to town too. So it Really does have that superbowl feel.

With that being said, I think Summerslam should kinda switch it up once and while. Big Venue, Small Venue. Shoot for more of the 30,000-50,000 range. Its tough because most venues are too big or too small. If they were to go for a 70,000 arena they would really have to market the hell out of a show. SummerSlam won't have all the extras that come with WM weekend. Plus you dont want SS to overshadow mania.

All in all, i think wwe is doing fine. Summerslam has had a few events in very large arenas, its just not as common.

McLovin

Reaction score
alexmoss12's Questions to Montana

1 - Do you think Tommy Dreamer will ever win the ECW Championship again, or any other Title for that matter?

2 - How long do you think CM Punk will hold the World Heavyweight Championship, and how long would you like him to hold it for. Also, do you think letting Punk Cash in his Money in the Bank on Raw was the right moment, if not when should he have cashed it in?

3 - What are your first thoughts on the new developments of the tag-team of Ted DiBiase and Cody Rhodes?​

Montana

alexmoss12's Questions to Montana​

1 - Do you think Tommy Dreamer will ever win the ECW Championship again, or any other Title for that matter?

Not the ecw title. Maybe a tag title run with someone, but thats about as far as i see going. Really the only thing keeping him on ecw is being from the original. Plus he helps out backstage. I don't see them doing a big farewell, and get the championship.

2 - How long do you think CM Punk will hold the World Heavyweight Championship, and how long would you like him to hold it for. Also, do you think letting Punk Cash in his Money in the Bank on Raw was the right moment, if not when should he have cashed it in?

I think Punk will hold it as long as the ratings go up, and he's got the crowd support. I think the wwe will play it by ear. He will AT LEAST hold it to SummerSlam. At first thought i would have said SummerSlam, but more people seem to be jumpin on the bandwagon. If he makes it past Survivor Series i would be very surprised, and he might hold onto it all the way to WM.

All in all, ill say SummerSlam, BUT if raw catches fire with PUnk as champ, look for him to run with it.

3 - What are your first thoughts on the new developments of the tag-team of Ted DiBiase and Cody Rhodes?

Its a little bit of a odd pairing, but they are the most interesting tag team at the moment to me. On one hand you have the future Mr. Dibiase. Maybe its a little early, but this guy as world championship written all over him. On the other hand you have a struggling, yet sucessful cody rhodes. You can't tell me he would be WWE without being the son of Dusty. He's too plain, but the guy does try VERY hard. Rhodes wouldn't have been my first choice for Dibiase's partner but he still worked. Too bad no one cared he turned on holly. I could see Holly finding a new partner. Maybe its a stretch, but maybe a repackaged Duece and Holly.

I see these guys brining more attention to the tag division. I think a fued with Cryme Tyme will be in the works.

I don't see them guys being a team for over a year. Tag Teams don't have the shelf life they used to.

Say you had financial backing to start a wrestling organization. You got a TV deal, and had the money to sign 25 people who are active in the indys. Who would they be?

Montana

Say you had financial backing to start a wrestling organization. You got a TV deal, and had the money to sign 25 people who are active in the indys. Who would they be?

Damn, internet frooze up on me after i completed my original list. But yeah, here we go again. Lots of these were no brainers, but its hard to cut a list to 25. Heres my list...

1) Bryan Danielson
Best in the world, brought in to to be a leader

2) Roderick Strong

I'd look for him to be another cornerstone on my organization

3) Chris Hero

For entertainment purposes. Probably Top heel

4) Jay Briscoe
5) Mark Briscoe

Gotta take the best tag team in the world right?

6) Kevin Steen
7) El Generico

Again, can't pass up these charismatic entertaining guys. One of the best tag teams, but they can also go solo main event worthy as well.

8) Jack Evans

Top high flyer in the game

9) Tyler Black

The future

10) Jimmie Jacobs

Cant pass up a character this strong with the top notch mic skills. He will lead the AOTF still.

11) HUman Tornado

A fun entertaining character

12) Eddie Kingston

Something about this guy i like. I think its his seriousness and passion for the business. I like that.

13) RVD ~ Kenta
RVD because your need a vetern, and a big name guy for televison and to get the internet buzzing. RVD would be the perfect vetern. IF not Kenta, whos one of the best in the world

14) Bobby Lashley ~ Kenny Omega

Again, Lashley for being a young stud, to get the internet buzzing. IF not, i'd take a young KennY Omega. Lots of potential, can work the low- mid card for a little while

15) Chuck Taylor

Another entertaining character. I've only seen good things about this guy, and he's only going to get better.

16) Low Ki ~ Jake Hager

Low Ki because he's low ki. Flawless wrestler. Jake Hager because of his upside. I think he will be a reasonably large star in this business.

17) Chris Bosh

Gotta take a PWG guy. I know i got a lot of entertaining characters, well add him to the list.

18) Adam Pearce

I like his Big Mouth

19) Raven ~ Ricky Marvin

Raven has one of the best wrestling minds. I'd have him doing too much work. Booking/road agent/ a member of AOTF. Ricky Marvin because he's a top international talent.

20) Necro Butcher

Some hate him but the guy can take a beating and bring some hardcore to this new organization

21) Erick Stevens
Young powerhouse. Not a huge fan of the guy, but I like the effort he puts in every match.

22) Marifuji

One of Japanese best

23) BxB Hulk

Another great high flyer

24) Quackenbush

The guy works magic in the ring. I may lean for him to do a evil supervillian heel. I don't like him as a face.

25) Larry Sweeney

I'd use him as a manager, but figured he needed a roster spot.

Thats 25.

It wasnt as easy as i thought it would be to cut a list down to 25. Lots of talented big names got cut off. Nigel, Claudio, austin Aries. But you can't have a roster of main event stars. I was looking more for role players. Guys that are not only great in the ring but also entertaining. Young guys, veterns, technical wrestlers, hardcore wrestlers, high flyers, comedy wrestlers, tag teams, factions. I Think i nice combination of everything. Colt cabana not selected due to probably debuting very soon.

Other top guys i was considering

Judas Mesias
Trevor Murdoch
Nigel
Claudio
ARies
Davey Richards
Rocky ROmero
Go Shiozaki
Kota Ibushi
Morishima
Joey Mathews
Test
Colt Cabana
Jay Bradley
SUper Dragon
Hallowicked
Cima
Dragon Kid
Shingo
BJ Whitmer
GRan akuma
Hallowicked
Ruckus
Jigsaw

Beer Money Army

In your opinon which Royal Rumble match is the worst one???

(my view i'd have to say 1999 Rumble...)

Who do you think should get a 2nd ROH World Championship reign, Danelson or Aries or Takeshi?

If Rhodes and Teddy get greatly over as excellent heels, would you consider a hardyz vs rhodes/Teddy jr as a Huge money maker tag team match in the last 5 year??

do you think matt hardy reign as U.S. Champion as a failure???

Say ROH suddenly wanted to challenge TNA for number two spot. How would you have them go about this? What should they put a real emphasis on?

In your opinon which Royal Rumble match is the worst one???

Hmm, I havent seen the first one where Hacksaw one. I'd assume that was pretty bad. 1993 was also pretty bad with Yokozuna winning. Its tough to remember cause those matches you only really watch once.

(my view i'd have to say 1999 Rumble...)

Who do you think should get a 2nd ROH World Championship reign, Danelson or Aries or Takeshi?

Both Danielson/Aries are equally worthy. Morishima isn't really in the running. He's GHC champ right now, and thats kind of a big deal. I couldn't count out Nigel as the first 2x champ either. As crazy as it sounds, i could see him losing it for a day (toronto) and winning it back the next night (det) Maybe not those exact dates, but id consider him.

If i had to pick one. Probably danielson assuming he would be around for a while longer. Although its a toss up like i said.

If Rhodes and Teddy get greatly over as excellent heels, would you consider a hardyz vs rhodes/Teddy jr as a Huge money maker tag team match in the last 5 year??

Probably. I had high hopes for London/Kendrick vs Hardys. It Looks like thats over, so i'd have to agree Hardys vs Priceless would be one of the biggest tag matches in years. Hardys vs MNM was pretty big too.

do you think matt hardy reign as U.S. Champion as a failure???

Not yet. Its just starting off a little slow. Once he goes though a few ehh challengers, im sure he will get some better opponents. I think its too early to say that. Depends how long he will hold the gold too.

Say ROH suddenly wanted to challenge TNA for number two spot. How would you have them go about this? What should they put a real emphasis on?

Well, they would have to get on tv and basically do what they do best. Continue with having great matches. Make it a more serious organization about competition. I'd put the focus on the attitude and emotion roh normally has. Keeping the original values and code of honor would be important too. I think gettin on tv and keeping things about the same is key. Also not losing a lot of key talent.

Beer Money Army

i have viewed 1988 Rumble and it's decent.. about ** 1/2

I think 1993 didn't show well cause of the ending, it you outtake the ending it's pretty normal standard rumble match with an ending of a elimation that is hard to believe on how in the hell did he do that...

but my question of the day is....

Do you think TNA should kept The Matt Bentley/Traci Brooks thing going, but in a heel role?

who do you think are the 5 future TNA Talent?

Would you like this JBL/Rhodes/Teddy Thing to continue for a while???