"The Punisher" Kevin Calvaco

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Beer Money Army

Do you think Cryme Tyme should be used more regularly for Raw?

1chiban

Reaction score
Which indie wrestler (be it from ROH, Chikara, whatever) do you feel will make it in the WWE in the future?

Also, do you think TNA will approach Bryan Danielson anytime soon? I'm surprised they haven't to be honest...

Montana

Well they just came back, and are used pretty regularly now. But im assuming on bigger scale you mean. I guess, since they are over, and the only tag team to be over, yes they should get a better push. Keep doing the comedy skits, thats what got them the fans they have. Not their in ring work. I'd like to see Dibaise get a good partner and dominate the tag division, then start a big rivilary between Dibiase and Cryme Tyme. That should be good for both parties, and help get the tag division back again.

Which indie wrestler (be it from ROH, Chikara, whatever) do you feel will make it in the WWE in the future?

Well, i think the greatest future, will be Larry Sweeney. This guy is going to be a legend. He's already being compared to the all time greats on the mic. I'm surprised no one has jumped on him yet.

As a wrestler, i think Kevin Steen could have the greatest career. Lots of charisma, and he can wrestle too. Good sized. Reminds me a lot of Jericho.

Also, do you think TNA will approach Bryan Danielson anytime soon? I'm surprised they haven't to be honest...

Im sure they have. I know the WWE wanted him too. I think he's got a 1-2 more years with ROH in him. I think once he gets a little older, he will want to settle down. He works in NOAH a lot too. At the 6th anniversary show Danielson talked about wwe/tna and how right now he wants to be in ROH. How the ROH belt means something. Great promo. Worth checking out.

I think Danielson will end up with WWE. I'd have to think the wwe will give him a good push too. Maybe only upper mid card, but thats still good.

Beer Money Army

I just thought about this just now...

Just Say if CM Punk Cash his MITB Before ONS. He Cashes it on The World Heavyweight Championship. Wouldn't that make him World Champion straight up since the title is vacant?

1chiban

Reaction score

Well they just came back, and are used pretty regularly now. But im assuming on bigger scale you mean. I guess, since they are over, and the only tag team to be over, yes they should get a better push. Keep doing the comedy skits, thats what got them the fans they have. Not their in ring work. I'd like to see Dibaise get a good partner and dominate the tag division, then start a big rivilary between Dibiase and Cryme Tyme. That should be good for both parties, and help get the tag division back again.

Well, i think the greatest future, will be Larry Sweeney. This guy is going to be a legend. He's already being compared to the all time greats on the mic. I'm surprised no one has jumped on him yet.

As a wrestler, i think Kevin Steen could have the greatest career. Lots of charisma, and he can wrestle too. Good sized. Reminds me a lot of Jericho.

Im sure they have. I know the WWE wanted him too. I think he's got a 1-2 more years with ROH in him. I think once he gets a little older, he will want to settle down. He works in NOAH a lot too. At the 6th anniversary show Danielson talked about wwe/tna and how right now he wants to be in ROH. How the ROH belt means something. Great promo. Worth checking out.

I think Danielson will end up with WWE. I'd have to think the wwe will give him a good push too. Maybe only upper mid card, but thats still good.

Only world title that does mean something atm imo

Qwake

What did you think of the ROH PPV Take no prisoners?

If you have not seen it yet, How do you think it will go and what are you looking forward to the most?

Montana

I actually havent seen it yet. I can't purchase PPV's with my cable. I'd have to add a box. Which i dont care for because PPV's are generally expensive.

If you have not seen it yet, How do you think it will go and what are you looking forward to the most?

Well, i hear the main event is insane. It doesnt sound like Nigel vs _____ is a great main event, but i hear its a solid contender for MOTY from meltzer already. Just hearing the raving reviews from that match make me want to see it. Also Danielson/Aries is also a good matchup. I belivee AOTF/Briscoes are on the card too. Its should be a well balanced ppv/show too. When i do watch it, ill be sure to provide a review. Probably SOH III first.

Qwake

what do you think of the ONS results?

What was your fav match if you saw it?

How do you think RAW will go with Randy Orton being injured?

Montana

what do you think of the ONS results?

Result wise, nothing too shocking. Very predictable actually. I think Edge would be a great champ if there was no Vickie. HHH over Orton, heh. Most of the rematches were rematches too, so it didnt really matter who won too.

What was your fav match if you saw it?

I actually fell asleep on the two main events, go figure. ALthough i was happy with HBK/Bastista. I thought that was a damn good match for wwe ***3/4. Hardy Umaga ***1/2, and ECW match was ***. So solid stuff. Im stuff the main events were solid too. Im pretty sure i'd perfer HBK/Batista over the main events i missed. I like a face/face matchup. I like the uncertainy and the jericho twist. It may not be rated the highest, but that would be my fav.

How do you think RAW will go with Randy Orton being injured?

They'll shake it up, or turn someone heel. I'm thinking Batista will turn heel go to raw. But who's HHH going to fight now? John Cena??? I dont think it's a big deal, especially with the draft in a few weeks.

Very Good PPV. Very exciting and entertaining all the way through. I think we got our current Match of the year contender with Black vs Nigel. I got that at ****1/2 stars. Danielson vs Aries ****1/4. The philly street fight with Briscoes vs. AOTF was crazy ***3/4 -****. Everything else was *** + and better.

I wouldn't call it the best ppv. Man up was the best, and i'd say this is a tie for # 2. (some did) with Driven. Every ROH ppv is good.

Supercard of Honor III was a better show, but Take no Prisners has the best match of the two shows.

1chiban

Reaction score
I was looking forward to the little hint they dropped about Orton and Batista starting a heel stable - what are your thoughts on this? I think a stable on Raw would shake things up a bit. Better than 'La Familia' on SD!...

Montana

Just Say if CM Punk Cash his MITB Before ONS. He Cashes it on The World Heavyweight Championship. Wouldn't that make him World Champion straight up since the title is vacant?

Sorry, i forgot about this. Not too much to say about this. Basically MITB is for a title shot, if the belt is vacant, the most he can do would be to put himself in the TLC match. So no you can't really just throw the belt on him, however its whatever the writers want i guess. Punk isn't exactly on a hot streak right now either.

I was looking forward to the little hint they dropped about Orton and Batista starting a heel stable - what are your thoughts on this? I think a stable on Raw would shake things up a bit. Better than 'La Familia' on SD!...

The idea wouldn't be too bad, however i would think they would fued with Dx. Evolution vs Dx. Which is alright, however i don't know how much long term sucess the angle would have. Look at Rated RKO vs Dx. That actually hurt some fresh matchups, i think. I like the idea of a heel stable a lot with Orton in it, however i think Batista would be better solo heel/face.

Its too bad the wwe doesnt have the balls to turn Cena heel. He could get people buzzing again. Much more so than Batista. This way you could keep Taker, Hardy, HHH, Jericho, Batista as faces.

Beer Money Army

with This HHH/Cena WWE championship feud ahead, also with Batista going for the world championship..

If the ratings stay the same or continue to go down.. Do you think the Cena/Batista high Big Fans Phrase has slump?? If yes do you think there is any of the young talent could push the ratings?

The Leviathan

Reaction score
Sorry if someone already asked about this. Who do you think should Edge feud with after the draft? My personal choice should be Rey or Jericho but I also wanna know your thoughts.

Montana

If the ratings stay the same or continue to go down.. Do you think the Cena/Batista high Big Fans Phrase has slump?? If yes do you think there is any of the young talent could push the ratings

A little confused by this question with the "high big fans phrase" I think Cena/Batista are slightly to blame for the ratings. I don't think anyone can come in (increased role) now and save ratings really quick. Ratings are the product of months/years of storylines. I think the wwe seen this coming with the low ratings before mania. That was a real bad sign.

I can't see any young talent helping ratings so to speak. I think the younger guys can improve the quality of the show though. I think Raw needs to remember what "raw" means. The old, anything goes, uncut and wild. Emotion and attitude. I think if they did this we could see a slow shift up.

Of the young guys that are entertaining, Punk/MVP/Kennedy will be the ones to watch.

Who do you think should Edge feud with after the draft? My personal choice should be Rey or Jericho but I also wanna know your thoughts.

Rey/Jericho are good. We already seen Rey/Edge, but i dont think they got everything out of it. Jericho has the IC belt, and i think this could be a big fued, if they build it up right.

I think im going with my own personal taste/or mood at the moment, but i wanna see Edge and Kennedy. I think Kennedy is pretty hot now, and should be rolling nicely after finishing off burchill. Kennedy could be pushed as returning home to SD. That would be a fun great fued i think.