The PS 50 2012 - Is Tanahashi really that good?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I hate japanese strong style, it isn't puroresu.

It is a bunch of marks dropping eachother on their heads while no-selling everybodies finishers and have zero psychology compared to the old New Japan guys. Too much influence of Pride and trying to revamp old school UWFi.

Noone works there anymore.

Anyways, Yoshi Tatsu is more well known than Tanahashi.

Basically sums up my thoughts on this.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
They have the wrestling talent that WWE should have. Perhaps a lot of them refuse to go to WWE in the off chance they'll just be lost in the shuffle. I'd say you're being pretty biased with your statements. For you it's WWE or bust. If you actually watched wrestling for wrestling, you'd see a lot of these guys are actually quite good.

And Slim, going on YouTube isn't hard. Shit, even Googling the dude's name isn't hard. You have the internet at your disposal.

Yeah it isn't hard... I'll be sure next time while I'm at work or out with my lady friend to look up youtube to find out why Tanahashi is so great.

Well I watched most of that match and I can say... I STILL do not see why he is so special.

Last edited:

Black Sanchez

Reaction score
Looks like I came at the right time for this.

Tanahashi being #1 on the list is good for me, as I see nothing wrong with it. He's carried New Japan on his back for over 5 years now and has put on some of the best matches in 2012, holding the IWGP Title for 404 days. Time and time again, he has proven to be their biggest draw and star, as Kazuchika Okada is also making a sudden rise. You guys put way too much stock in international exposure as many people in America still don't know what and who is in TNA. To say that any wrestler, whether it would be Puro, Indy, or Lucha is irrelevant is very ignorant. I suggest y'all take the time to do research on certain wrestlers to see what makes them so good instead of waving them off.

It is a bunch of marks dropping eachother on their heads while no-selling everybodies finishers and have zero psychology compared to the old New Japan guys. Too much influence of Pride and trying to revamp old school UWFi.

No one works there anymore.

You must not be watching enough man, because New Japan has been doing a bunch of great work as of late.

NOAH is more troubling promotion with that head-dropping frenzy.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
has put on some of the best matches in 2012, holding the IWGP Title for 404 days. Time and time again, he has proven to be their biggest draw and star

You make him sound like Jap Punk.

American Punk is better because he did it in the biggest fed, and not some useless ancient promotion nobody watches anymore. Also its the tree in the woods argument again.....if two guys put on a clinic and nobody bothers to watch, can it really be called a match of the year.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
427674_577736905573822_1142870939_n.jpg

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score

Noone works there anymore.

First off the list is based on in ring performance over the last year, so whether that many people have heard of the guy has very little to do about it, also it is relivent to the market, I bet in Japan Tanahashi is very well known and respected.

If you applied your logic to such a list then it would only feature WWE wrestlers with maybe a few TNA guys thrown in, some of who are not that good.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Deezy you weren't popular in the TTT on WF during it's heyday so nothing you say matters.

You wish you were TTT.

Don't bite the hand the feeds you, man.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Deezy you weren't popular in the TTT on WF during it's heyday so nothing you say matters.

You wish you were TTT.

Don't bite the hand the feeds you, man.

wtf is WF?

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
LOL at this thread, I mean seriously. Some of you are pretty entertaining.

In lieu of spouting ignorance, i'll give a serious response to this list. I don't agree with a lot of it, Tanahashi's more like New Japan's Cena. Gets pushed to the title a lot of the time and isn't as good as an in-ring guy as more than a couple of other heavyweights, at least not as well-respected by more hardcore fans. If they were going with the pure best wrestler it would be someone like Nakamura (17) or Goto maybe (20), also Yuji Nagata, who I didn't see.

I wish I knew what the criteria was, because if it was just pure wrestling, I could probably name 50 Japanese guys alone that are better than the most of the American wrestlers, but if it was any mix of promos, everyone should be DQ'd outside of English speaking guys. However way you want to judge it, there are too many holes to count in this list. Thumbs down imo.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
LOL at this thread, I mean seriously. Some of you are pretty entertaining.

In lieu of spouting ignorance, i'll give a serious response to this list. I don't agree with a lot of it, Tanahashi's more like New Japan's Cena. Gets pushed to the title a lot of the time and isn't as good as an in-ring guy as more than a couple of other heavyweights, at least not as well-respected by more hardcore fans. If they were going with the pure best wrestler it would be someone like Nakamura (17) or Goto maybe (20), also Yuji Nagata, who I didn't see.

I wish I knew what the criteria was, because if it was just pure wrestling, I could probably name 50 Japanese guys alone that are better than the most of the American wrestlers, but if it was any mix of promos, everyone should be DQ'd outside of English speaking guys. However way you want to judge it, there are too many holes to count in this list. Thumbs down imo.

What a joke, considering Pro-wrestling is the birthplace of what we are talking about, like boxing, the sport will die if not for the interest in North American interest of it all.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Japanese people all sound the same, and before you claim subtle racism find me two different Japs who cut a promo without sounding like the lyrics to Gangnam Style.

You simply can't be an all-rounder without mic skills, so Asians shouldn't really be on this list at all IMO.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I would have to say that out of all the time I spent asking for something... and you asses were just like "watch youtube and you'll see" and all that other bullshit... at least this cat here had the intellect to actually TYPE SOMETHING to inform someone instead of being an annoying smart ass. So kudos to you holmes.

Looks like I came at the right time for this.

Tanahashi being #1 on the list is good for me, as I see nothing wrong with it. He's carried New Japan on his back for over 5 years now and has put on some of the best matches in 2012, holding the IWGP Title for 404 days. Time and time again, he has proven to be their biggest draw and star, as Kazuchika Okada is also making a sudden rise. You guys put way too much stock in international exposure as many people in America still don't know what and who is in TNA. To say that any wrestler, whether it would be Puro, Indy, or Lucha is irrelevant is very ignorant. I suggest y'all take the time to do research on certain wrestlers to see what makes them so good instead of waving them off.

You must not be watching enough man, because New Japan has been doing a bunch of great work as of late.

NOAH is more troubling promotion with that head-dropping frenzy.