The PS 50 2012 - Is Tanahashi really that good?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Japanese people all sound the same, and before you claim subtle racism find me two different Japs who cut a promo without sounding like the lyrics to Gangnam Style.

You simply can't be an all-rounder without mic skills, so Asians shouldn't really be on this list at all IMO.

Two points to make on your post.

1. Most Japanise wrestlers who work in Japan would speak in their native touge, so maybe the people over there are in a better position to comment on their promo skills, also charasma is charasma, just because you think their voices all sound the same doesn't mean they don't have charasma.

2. For the 150th time this list was based on in ring performances, stop talking about promos.

Hometown Kid thank-you for your well thought out response and the insight you provided clearly you are in a better position to judge than man, however I do feel that maybe you went a bit far to suggest that no american talent deserve to be on the list. Surely you would concede that the likes of Punk, Bryan, Aries, Roode, Styles etc are outstanding?

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Hometown Kid thank-you for your well thought out response and the insight you provided clearly you are in a better position to judge than man, however I do feel that maybe you went a bit far to suggest that no american talent deserve to be on the list. Surely you would concede that the likes of Punk, Bryan, Aries, Roode, Styles etc are outstanding?

No prob.

And that was a bit of hyperbole. I'd probably rank Daniel Bryan up there with anybody. Punk had some very good performances last year too. I don't mean to say "ALL US WRESTLERS SUCK~!" or something, but comparing them to a company like NOAH and NJPW, it's not fair. Because truly, the top tier Japanese companies literally sell wrestling to their fans. WWE & TNA are more about storylines, so even the talented dudes don't get to have great matches as often as places like that. Not criticizing, because they are trying to make money first and foremost. But for a list about best in-ring workers, not the majority, but some should.

Reactions: 1 person

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Two points to make on your post.

1. Most Japanise wrestlers who work in Japan would speak in their native touge, so maybe the people over there are in a better position to comment on their promo skills, also charasma is charasma, just because you think their voices all sound the same doesn't mean they don't have charasma.

2. For the 150th time this list was based on in ring performances, stop talking about promos.

saying a person who doesn't speak english should have cart blance on their promo skills is bullshit.