The PS 50 2012 - Is Tanahashi really that good?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
In ring performances? Its not that hard to figure out is it.

Yeah it is cause if that is all it is... then why is some guy named Tanahashi number 1 over someone like CM Punk that has had phenomenal in ring performances ALL YEAR LONG!

So smart ass... what else is there to it? Seems more like a "smark" that wants to sound smart so instead of listing a WWE guy as number 1 he'll name a Japanese guy number 1. So how bout watch your smart ass remarks and just answer the question next time. Geez.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Yeah it is cause if that is all it is... then why is some guy named Tanahashi number 1 over someone like CM Punk that has had phenomenal in ring performances ALL YEAR LONG!

So smart ass... what else is there to it? Seems more like a "smark" that wants to sound smart so instead of listing a WWE guy as number 1 he'll name a Japanese guy number 1. So how bout watch your smart ass remarks and just answer the question next time. Geez.

Yeah and Punk was in the top three which means they rated him pretty damn high so I fail to see your point. Also what makes you think Tanahshi wasn't just as impressive in 2012?

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Punk did whatever he did in the biggest promotion in the world, I see your sarcasm but you don't have a leg to stand on.

Jap wrestling is irrelevant, their scene is dead, and their wrestlers don't matter. This list is wrong.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Punk did whatever he did in the biggest promotion in the world, I see your sarcasm but you don't have a leg to stand on.

Jap wrestling is irrelevant, their scene is dead, and their wrestlers don't matter. This list is wrong.

So basically they have to be in WWE in order to be good?

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
No, but they have to at least go to the big leagues to prove it.

Shameful that Ryback isn't even considered in a top 50 wrasslers. What the hell have any of these japs or messicans done to justify their spot. Even the WWE guys they have ranked like Kofi have done nothing all year, what a stupid Blue list.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Yeah and Punk was in the top three which means they rated him pretty damn high so I fail to see your point. Also what makes you think Tanahshi wasn't just as impressive in 2012?

Oh yay... top 3. third place. woohoo. Lets throw a party.

I'm sayin... what the hell makes Tanahashi so damn impressive that he is number 1? I can see why Aries is up there.. I can understand that. I can see why Punk is up there. Both of them are the complete total packages.

What the hell has Tanahashi done?

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score

I'm sayin... what the hell makes Tanahashi so damn impressive that he is number 1? I can see why Aries is up there.. I can understand that. I can see why Punk is up there. Both of them are the complete total packages.

No but my point is that its not like Power Slam have disreguarded Punk the fact that he was third proves that they rate him very highly and he was in the running for the top spot, also out of a list of 50 to be in the top three would hint that you are very good, yet you seem to draw a negative out of it. I can't answer your question about Tanahashi as I have not seen him, but it seems you are making a judgement on him without even seeing him.

Cork you are no doing the politican thing of picking out slective statistic to back up your claim, yes Kofi was near the bottom of the list, but that seems about right to me, if this was a list of just WWE wrestlers then maybe he would be higher. You fail to mention that there are plenty of WWE and TNA wrestlers throughout the list and that the likes of Punk, Aries, Bryan feature high up in the rankings.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score

How about doing some research before making those judgement calls.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I'm only asking cause some folks seem to hold this list as being just right. As listing everything just right. So why can't I ask what has he done? It isn't making a judgment call if I'm asking for information. It would be if I was only disregarding that he doesn't deserve to be on the list at all. All I'm asking is what has he done to be ranked number 1.

So if that is somehow passing judgment... then... well I dunno what to tell you.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Cork you are no doing the politican thing of picking out slective statistic to back up your claim, yes Kofi was near the bottom of the list, but that seems about right to me, if this was a list of just WWE wrestlers then maybe he would be higher. You fail to mention that there are plenty of WWE and TNA wrestlers throughout the list and that the likes of Punk, Aries, Bryan feature high up in the rankings.

What?

I'm not arguing Kofi should be higher, I said he shouldn't even be on the list.....

Also yeah, 10% of the list is WWE wrestlers (shameful) but they are all the usual smark favourites. Daniel Bryan had a better year than Ryback or Cena? lol he got squashed in 20 seconds at Mania and was binned off into a dead division. It's a disgrace than indy wrestlers are on that list.

Slim has asked like 5000 times what BEST IN THE WORLD TANAHASHI has done, but all of you are ducking him with stuff like "lols you bum wwe wrestlers". Once again, what have these japs and indy wrestlers done to deserve being called a top 50? ROH had an awful year yet most their roster is on here yet Ryback doesnt make the cut, please explain. Is it because Davey Richards is INTENSE and does STRONG STYLE?

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
They have the wrestling talent that WWE should have. Perhaps a lot of them refuse to go to WWE in the off chance they'll just be lost in the shuffle. I'd say you're being pretty biased with your statements. For you it's WWE or bust. If you actually watched wrestling for wrestling, you'd see a lot of these guys are actually quite good.

And Slim, going on YouTube isn't hard. Shit, even Googling the dude's name isn't hard. You have the internet at your disposal.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Who watches wrestling for WRESTLING?, THAT IS SO 1950.

EDIT!

[video=youtube;Vivbw88yVCk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vivbw88yVCk[/video]

Now i know 99% of you will not watch this for obvious reasons but if you want to skim through it to see what he's about, he's the long haired one btw.

Last edited:

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
What?

I'm not arguing Kofi should be higher, I said he shouldn't even be on the list.....

Also yeah, 10% of the list is WWE wrestlers (shameful) but they are all the usual smark favourites. Daniel Bryan had a better year than Ryback or Cena? lol he got squashed in 20 seconds at Mania and was binned off into a dead division. It's a disgrace than indy wrestlers are on that list.

Slim has asked like 5000 times what BEST IN THE WORLD TANAHASHI has done, but all of you are ducking him with stuff like "lols you bum wwe wrestlers". Once again, what have these japs and indy wrestlers done to deserve being called a top 50? ROH had an awful year yet most their roster is on here yet Ryback doesnt make the cut, please explain. Is it because Davey Richards is INTENSE and does STRONG STYLE?

1. Fair enough I must have misread your comment on Kofi.

2. Bryan did have a better year than both Ryback and Cena. Not only did he have fantastic matches with the likes of Punk and Sheamus, but his character was one of the most entertaining of the year (if you want to look at personality) and his oddball tag team with Kane added something new to the tag ranks.