The Official Wrestlemania 25 Thread.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
First of all, there was no punt of Stephanie McMahon last night. Orton RKO'd Stephanie after he punted Shane*.

Triple H sold his anger better than he's ever sold any portion of his gimmick in his career, imo. My father, when Randy first started these attacks, kept saying "if he fucks with Stephanie, Triple H is going to kick his ass." I guess he was right.

I would like to say the street fight was actually better than their entire match at NWO.

I had heard rumors on another forum that the WWE had listened to Orton's plea to face Edge at a WrestleMania, but I guess that was ended with what unfolded last night. Unfortunately, one of these belts does have to change hands at WrestleMania, and it looks as though we're going to have a a pretty good lineup of Championship matches at WM. I don't want to see Cena vs. Edge, because I'm sick and tired of Cena, but Triple H vs. Randy Orton would definitely be an incredible match if H steps up and puts on his best show.

I like the idea of seeing these guys back and forth on Raw AND SmackDown in the coming weeks though. And while I still stand in believing Shane will join Legacy, something deep in my gut is telling me that it will indeed be Vince who sides with the faction at WrestleMania 25. I don't see Triple H keeping this belt for the simple fact that, Orton being champion plays into his immunity role, but it's the WWE and Triple H has more pull than any other superstars, so we'll have to wait and see.

But yes, best ending in a long time on Raw. H's veins in his neck were larger than his arms, and the veins in his forehead even larger themselves. Fucking incredible sell!

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
I'm the same with everyone else, I'm not a big Triple H fan but marked when he showed up. His facial expression was great, this is going to be a good match at mania. And as what somebody else said, you don't know who's going to win. Orton's been built up hard the past couple months, and I don't see Triple H losing the title after just winning it.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
I'm wasn't really a fan of WWE starting the build to mania so late, but after RAW, it's looking good. So far I'm looking forward to the Orton Triple H match, it's up in the air fight now as to who's going to win that. The un-predictable-ness of it is good far.

CenaMark54

Well, when I initially came to the realization that the two mainevents would be the same same feuds we have seen the past three years I was a little disappointed.

However, the last segment of Raw totally turned me around. Orton and Triple H sold their roles perfectly and I literally wanted to see Triple H kick the shit out of Orton. I haven't marked out like that in years. Sure we have seen this feud before, but the circumstances are totally different. Now its personal and its looks like we will have bad ass Triple H returning.

Edge vs Cena always manages to bring out the best in both of them. I expect their Mania match to be a five star match. Plus we should expect some damn good promos between now and then.

Taker vs HBK will be the big draw. But personally, I'm not all that excited for it. Should be a great matchup though.

Hardy v Hardy will only be good if there is a stip.

And of course the MITB will be a MOTY candidate as always.

I would rate my excitement level as an 8 on a scale of 1 - 10. Simply because of the Legacy vs McMahon/Helmsley fued. I would have rather seen Cena vs Orton but the build wouldn't be nearly as good or logical without the inclusion of The King of Kings.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
So...

WWE Title:

HHH vs Randy Orton (Obviously, this will happen now, I can only hope Randy eats a Pedigree or two.)

World Heavyweight Title:

Edge vs Jeff Hardy vs Matt Hardy (Yeah, I know he has a rematch with cena. he's gonna win, I believe they have other plans for John Cena. With this in mind it leaves only Jeff Hardy as a reasonable opponent, and Jeff will certainly be in a match with Matt as well, so it follows that it would be a triple threat for the title. I know that some will say matt Hardy will not be in the ME at Wrestkemania, but as a third man in a triple threat it's not so unbelieveable.)

ECW Title:

Jack Swagger vs Christian (Again, this one is a lock)

Big Show vs Vladimir Kozlov (Seems logical from their EC interaction)

HBK vs The Undertaker (Also obvious)

US Title:
Shelton Benjamin vs MVP

Obviously there will be a few others as well. Specifically the Money in the Bank match which will really determine what the rest of the card looks like.

Though I do have two big predictions.

John Cena vs Steve Austin. Not as much of a stretch now, with Cena out of the title picture and I don't believe is likely to win the title back, so there really is nothing else credible enough for Cena besides this.

Number two is probably going to get me ridiculed and I'll probably be wrong anyway, but I've still got a feeling so I'll call it. Chris Jericho vs The Rock. No proof, just a gut feeling that Jericho's angle needs a huge payoff. With Flair (gratefully) and Rourke out of the picture, I believe that the Rock will make a one time return to WM to face Jericho on behalf of his actor friend, Mickey Rourke. Not the most convincing argument, but like I said. A gut feeling.

-edit-

After thinking add Kane/Knox vs Miz/Morrison for the tag titles.

C4

The build-up this year was very disappointing. They started everything too late imo, the JBL-HBK rivalry got boring and stale pretty soon and wasn't really interesting.

They could have had something more thrilling and exciting but there was absolutely nothing to my interest except Orton-HHH that seems to be good as of now. But for this match as well, the outcome is pretty much obvious which is why the 'excitement level' goes down.

I would rate my excitement level 7 on a scale of 10.

I'm not as thrilled and excited for WrestleMania as I was last year or the year before that. It just doesn't have the 'big event' feel.

SnackZ

Reaction score
I live in NY and you would hear me jumping from whereever you live if the Rock comes back to take on Jericho.

I really don't see the E doing a superface like Austin against Cena. Cena would have to go heel and I really don't see that happening until a few years from now.

Airfixx

The build-up this year was very disappointing... the JBL-HBK rivalry got boring and stale pretty soon and wasn't really interesting.

There wasn't even a rivalry going on...

I don't know what to say otherwise... My problem with it was that I was left wanting to see so much more and that a storyline that good needed a much better pay-off (regardless of the length of the storyline)... It just seemed to me that a) Shawn didn't suffer enough humiliation and b) He regained his 'freedom' far too easily (thanks to a half-baked slap from HBKs missus).

As for WM.... I'm well up for it this year.... Hoping I can manage to ease off with my the general scrutiny of the product and lay off the forum in the coming weeks so that I can just be dragged along for the ride.

Afterall... Smarks don't know how to have fun! :1:

kingovkings

Reaction score
WOW WOW WOW. The end segment on raw was the shit. Orton was on his A game and was fucking awesome. And Steph took that RKO it looks lethal she really did a good job of it. And Trips sold like his life depended on it. I really reallyhope that we get the bad ass Trips gunning for Orton. Coz that would be the icing on the cake. Trips character been stale for awhile now. So if a heel turn isn't on the cards. Then a badass Trips avenging his Family will work for me lol. Thing are looking pretty damn good right now and i hope it continues. Hell we can have some amazing promo's and inter brand mixing. Hell we got HBK, Cena, Orton on Raw mixing it up With HHH, Edge, Taker on SD thats could make for some sweet promo's Right there with out the little simmering feud match building. I'm sooooo excited again yippee ;).
PS Im going for Orton winning at mania.

Airfixx

If they can leave Flair off of WM23 then P-L-E-A-S-E can they leave Koslov off of WM25... At least until they work out how they're gonna book him.

They won't have him take a pin but won't have him beat the guy's he's up against on SD either.

Kaedon

Reaction score
WrestleMania25.JPG

It's coming. May 19th!...I mean April 5th. Discuss it! Hurr!

World Heavyweight Championship Match: Edge(c) vs. The Big Show vs. John Cena
WWE Title Match: HHH(c) vs. Randy Orton
Money In The Bank Ladder Match: Shelton Benjamin vs. MVP vs. Mark Henry vs. vs. Kane vs. CM Punk vs. Kofi Kingston vs. ??? vs. ???
The Streak Is On the Line: The Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels

LKP

I was right hbk vs taker will no one listen? i said hbk will win and somehow want to fight taker at wm25. I had all the people saying explain how hbk would do it? I said i didn't know but thought he would win and challenge taker anyways. Yes he ahs to beat jbl next week to fight taker but cm on he will beat jbl. Hhh vs orton sucks ass we have seen it 1000000 times and again at WM25? Nah i don't think so boring. Edge vs cena vs big show i can see happeing for the world title boring. Matt vs Jeff will be ok. But so far wm25 is shaping up to suck.

Kaedon

Reaction score
I am positive that ??? is a lock for MITB :shifty:

Great One

Yeah, could anyone else see Triple H bringing back Evolution to match Legacy? Maybe in his corner at WM. Priceless music first hits with Rhodes/Dibiase then Orton, then the Evolution music with a returning Batista w/ Flair then Triple H.

On a side note:

[YT]PIMhjyqBOr4[/YT]

Fucking owned.