The Official Wrestlemania 25 Thread.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

CenaMark54

The one problem I have with recent Mania's and this years included...

They don't start building the Mania matches until after NWO. It kind of irritates me. I always thought Mania matches should be the culmination of long standing feuds, especially ones over the title. Now it seems that they start most fueds at Mania.

To me, matches are always at their best when the crowd is emotionally involved in the outcome.

Wrestlemania should be the climax. The way they do it now is like having sex before the foreplay.

Great One

There doesn't have to be anything hanging above the ring, just have it pinfall... And even then, could just make it a no DQ match and pull out a ladder.

Solid Stinger the Big Boss

WWE Title: Edge vs. HHH
WHC Title: John Cena/Mcmahons vs. The Legacy
ECW Title: Jack Swagger vs. Christian
IC Title: Punk vs. Regal
Women's Title: Beth vs. Rosa
Undertaker vs. Kozlov
MITB: Rey vs. Kofi vs. Miz vs. Morrison vs. Shelton vs. Umaga vs. R-Truth vs. Mike Knox
Chris Jericho vs. Mickey Rourke

The card can always change, i'd remove Knox, Truth, Umaga and Shelton for Jericho, Punk, and Regal if their matches that I listed don't happen.

They could always add more competitors to the match. Ya never know

EDIT: I need to change that, I forgot HBK/JBL/Big Show

xtremebadass

World Heavyweight Championship
Randy Orton vs. John Cena

WWE Championship
Triple H vs. Edge vs. Big Show

Money in the Bank Ladder Match
Evan Bourne vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Kane vs. R-Truth vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. MVP vs. Umaga vs. Rey Mysterio

Shawn Michaels w/ JBL vs. The Undertaker

Intercontinental Championship
CM Punk vs. Mike Knox

Chris Jericho vs. Ric Flair or Mickey Rourke or Stone Cold Steve Austin

Beth Phoenix and Rosa Mendes w/ Santino vs. Melina and Mickie James

ECW Championship
Jack Swagger vs. Christian

Matt Hardy vs. Jeff Hardy

Hardcastle

Reaction score
World Heavyweight Championship
Randy Orton w/ Stephanie McMahon vs. John Cena w/Vince McMahon

WWE Championship
Triple H vs. Edge

Money in the Bank Ladder Match
Evan Bourne vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Christian vs. R-Truth vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. MVP vs. John MOrrison vs. CM Punk

Shawn Michaels w/ JBL vs. The Undertaker

Rey Mysterio vs. Mike Knox

Chris Jericho vs Stone Cold Steve Austin w/Flair

Women's championship
Melina vs Rosa Mendes

ECW Championship
Jack Swagger vs. Tommy Dreamer

Matt Hardy vs. Jeff Hardy

Vaan1221

Reaction score
Main Event 1
World Championship Match: No DQ
John Cena vs. Randy Orton

Main Event 2
WWE Championship Match
Edge vs. HHH

Grudge Match
Jeff Hardy vs. Matt Hardy

MITB Ladder Match
Kofi Kingston vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. CM Punk vs. The Brian Kendrick vs. Ron Killings vs. John Morrison

ECW Championship Match
Christian vs. Jack Swagger vs. Fit Finley

Montana

After No Way Out, one would think we would have more answers leading into mania's however the wwe gave us more to question, as far as 25 goes.

I think the two main questions have to do with Edge and John Cena.

Edge vs HBK does kinda peak my interest. I don't why that didnt dawn on me last night. Not sure how the wwe could pull Cena out of the title picture unless they book Cena vs Austin.

Evil Austin

I say the top three matches will go.

Triple H vs. Jeff or Taker (I want Taker)
Cena vs. Austin
Edge vs. HBK
Orton vs. ? - In fact I was thinking Orton vs. Edge but for the 25th anaversary Heel vs. Heel doesn't really work as the main event.

Kizza

WHC:
Edge vs John Cena (Iunno rly)

WWE:
Triple H vs Randy Orton

ECW:
Swagger vs Christian

Grudge Match:
Hardy vs Hardy

MITB:
Punk vs Morrison vs Benjamin vs MVP vs Kendrick vs Killings vs Finlay vs Kennedy

Womens:
Beth vs Melina vs Mickie

Big Show vs Undertaker

Number 1 Contenders Match
JBL vs HBK vs Jericho vs KNOX (!!!)

the dark knight

Personally, I'm excited for this years Mania. I could watch Cena vs Orton every day of the year and never get sick of it.
i literally fell asleep after 3 mins of their match at summerslam.

^^^So strictly speaking, not a ladder match at all then? LOL
yea, its not the first time they say something like that. said it before, they're gonna start wanting chair matches soon.

as for teh excitement, im 3x more excited than i was after the rumble. everything went well after all. now everything's open, anything can happen. what i WANT is taker vs triple h. and so undertaker doesn't have to carry around the cena toybelt, triple h turns heel and changes it or something. edge vs orton was kind of a dream match for me but edge vs hbk would better. please, no more edge vs cena. and im not gonna like another orton vs triple h....but, it could work.

matt and jeff having a one on one MITB match would be great. the rest of the jobbers who dont have proper storylines can have a battle royal or something.

other things im excited about is how the jericho thing is gonna go...

Dre

Reaction score
Orton vs. HHH at WrestleMania 25?

Looks like punting Shane wasn't good enough for him, Orton went and punting Stephanie also. And from the looks on Triple H face, it's going to be he'll to pay. In other words, setting up HHH vs. Orton at Mania.

Thoughts?

Enigma22

Reaction score
i wish i didnt see it coming but its still a pretty good storyline imo. i saw everything coming exactly how it happened at the end of raw tonight.

Reaction score
I think this is by far the best storyline going into Mania. IF they play the cards right, they can make this match so much more than what their first encounter, waaaay back at .. No Mercy 04 was.

I think Trips, with the attack on Steph, has so much on his shoulders now wanting revenge on his wife and step bro & dad that he is so unlikely to lose, but Orton has been built to all shit since his return, and won the rumble! This one will be down to the wire as to who wins...

Travis40

I think this is by far the best storyline going into Mania. IF they play the cards right, they can make this match so much more than what their first encounter, waaaay back at .. No Mercy 04 was.

I think Trips, with the attack on Steph, has so much on his shoulders now wanting revenge on his wife and step bro & dad that he is so unlikely to lose, but Orton has been built to all shit since his return, and won the rumble! This one will be down to the wire as to who wins...

*Unforgiven 2004 :08: No Mercy was a SD PPV

But this is probably the best fued oging into Mania, and hopefully the match is better than the buildup. I have a feeling that Orton will lose the match, and the McMahons will celebrate in the middle of the ring after the main event :(