The Official Wrestlemania 25 Thread.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

LKP

I expect a ring collapse if show falls off the ladder lol. He could probably chokeslam rey off the ladder, now that would be awesome.

Airfixx

Revised from previous....

WWE TITLE
Edge (c) vs HHH

Winner: HHH

WHC TITLE
J.Cena (c) (w/The McMahons) vs Orton (w/Legacy)
(Steph turns heel by assisting Orton)

Winner: Orton.

RAW v SD
Undertaker vs HBK w/JBL in his corner
(In a hasty quest for a 'prestige' match @ WM25anniversary, JBL signs up for the inter-promotional challenge, but get's HBK to wrestle in his place when his opponent is announced. Taker's not about to surrender the streak out of sympathy for HBK's situation/HBK fights for survival.).

Winner: Taker

Falls Count Anywhere
Jeff Hardy vs Matt Hardy
(Ladders, spots etc. galore blah blah)

Winner: Jeff.

Grudge Match
C.Jericho vs Rey Mysterio
(Jericho attacks another "sycophant" to ignite the fued.).

Winner: Jericho.

NOTE: Based upon the reports that the match with Rourke has been ditched, I'll go back to my original plan for Y2J.

IC-TITLE - Fatal 4-Way elimination match
W.Regal (c) vs CM Punk vs Kofi vs Dolph Ziggler.

Winner: Punk.

NOTE: Regal to win back the IC title at NWO.

Tag Title Unification Match
Miz & Morrison (c - RAW) vs The Colons (c - SD).

Winner: Mizorrison

NOTE: Miz & Morrison continue to TVshow-hop only now as the undisputed champs.

WOMENS CHAMPIONSHIP SCRAMBLE
Melina (c) vs Beth vs Mickie vs Jillian vs Kelly Kelly.

Winner: Beth.

ECW TITLE
Jack Swagger (c) vs Evan Bourne.

Winner: Swagger.

Chuck Taylor's Grenade

Wrestlemania without Christian Cage

1. Money in the bank
Shelton Benjamin vs. MVP vs. THE Brian Kendrick vs. Ted Dibiase Jr vs. Rey Misterio vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Evan Bourne vs. either Finlay or Regal

2. Tag Team Brand Supremacy Match
Miz and Morrison (RAW) vs. Carlito and Primo (SD)

3. ECW Title Match
Jack Swagger vs. Winner of Pre-WM Battle Royal

4. Kane vs. Koslov

5. Chris Jericho vs. CM Punk (Mickey Rourke involved if he shows up)

6. Jeff Hardy vs. Matt Hardy

7. Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels w/JBL

8. World Heavyweight Championship Match
John Cena with Shane McMahon vs. Randy Orton with Legacy

9. Playboy Tits, Pillows, and Lingerie Match
Person in playboy vs. person jealous of person in playboy

10. WWE Championship Match
Edge vs. Triple H

Wrestlemania with Christian Cage

1. Money in the bank
Shelton Benjamin vs. MVP vs. The Brian Kendrick vs. Ted Dibiase Jr vs. Rey Misterio vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Evan Bourne vs. either Finlay or Regal

2. Tag Team Brand Supremacy Match
Miz and Morrison (RAW) vs. Carlito and Primo (SD)

3. ECW Title Match
Jack Swagger vs. Winner of Pre-WM Battle Royal

4. Kane vs. Koslov

5. Chris Jericho vs. CM Punk (Mickey Rourke involved if he shows up)

6. Matt Hardy and ??? vs. Jeff Hardy and Christian Cage

7. Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels w/JBL

8. World Heavyweight Championship Match
John Cena with Shane McMahon vs. Randy Orton

9. Playboy Tits, Pillows and Lingerie Match
Person in playboy vs. person jealous of person in playboy

10. WWE Championship Match
Edge vs. Triple H

straight_edge76

World Heavyweight Championship-
John Cena (C) V. Randy Orton

Money in the Bank
Shelton Benjamin V. Kofi Kingston V. John Morrison V The Miz V. MVP V. Cody Rhodes V. Ted DiBiase

WWE Championship-
Jeff Hardy- V. Triple H V. Edge

Streak Match-
The Undertaker V. The Big Show

IC Championship-
CM Punk (C) V. William Regal

Women's Championship
Melina (C) VS Beth Phoenix

JBL VS Shawn Michaels

ECW Championship
Jack Swagger V. Evan Bourne

LKP

Why am i thinknig that jbl vs hbk will run from the night after wm25? Through the summer. its a good fued so far but jbl jasn't wrestled much which is good lol. But i think its taker vs umaga at backlash onwards and jbl vs hbk. Morrison and miz will also split up at wm25 i reckon. After a mix up on a spot miz turns heel on him. Umaga will be in the mitb to rhodes and ted will be in a 4 way match for the unification tag titles cryme tyme vs priceless vs carlito and primo and kendrick and ziek.

Airfixx

I agree about HBK/JBL kicking in AFTER WM, but as for Miz & Morrison I don't see how either will gain any heat/sympathy if one turns on the other.

I say keep them heel, but just draft them apart and let them take their own path on different shows... THEN you have a DX-like alliance that can called upon should stroylines requeire such a thing.

The whole text-book 'tagteam partner A' turns on 'tagteam partner B' storyline is SO typical these days I think the above idea would lead to some FAR more entertaining situations.

noumenon

An interesting scenario...
I know theres holes... just putting it out there so don't freak out and analyze every detail about it.

We've got Taker coming to RAW this week to face Orton. What if we saw a major legacy beatdown on Taker next week. At the Chamber UT could pick up the WWE title. I know he really hasn't been in the hunt for it as of late, but it really wouldn't be too much of a stretch.
The Shane/Orton feud would resolve itself at NWO.
HBK would win his match against JBL....he's home free.

The next week Legacy could show up on Smackdown and once again lay out Taker. Orton will announce Taker as the champ he's challenging at Mania. Not only will he be WHC...but he'll kill yet another legend...ect ect. PUNT...lmao

Over on the RAW Cena could come out and cut a promo..."HBK, I'm proud of you man...ect ect...you did the right thing...this is the HBK we all know and love...blah blah blah. I tell you what, I'm gonna give you one more chance to be Mr. Wrestlemania....what do you say to CENA vs. HBK for the WHC at MANIA?" crowd goes nuts ect ect.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
One problem... where does that leave Legacy if Orton wins the belt on Smackdown? Priceless would be stuck on Raw (unless they do the title unification which would give them the opportunity to appear on Smackdown). VERY unlikely.

noumenon

1. what did i say about picking it apart.
2. who said anything about taker losing at mania?

Axis

If you don't want it to be scrutinized, don't post it. My biggest problem with it is that DiBiase and Rhodes would be left alone on Raw. Plus, we saw Michaels/Cena twice this year, and only a few years ago at Wrestlemania.

noumenon

I know... like I said, there are a lot of holes. Just brainstorming, I don't think it would ever happen, lol. I remember the Orton/Taker feud over on Smackdown being pretty cool a few years back.
Just trying to think... has the winner of a Rumble ever crossed over to challenge on another brand?

Axis

Yeah, Chris Benoit did it.

And for the record, I absolutely LOVED Orton/Taker at Wrestlemania 21; I think it was the best match of the night. However, I'm not a big fan of repeating Wrestlemania matches except for VERY special circumstances (for example, I would have been fine with Jericho/Michaels this year if they had booked it properly to run until then), but I don't feel that Orton/Taker would be big enough.

noumenon

Benoit did? Okay so no one. :fear2:

I think Jericho/Michaels ran it's course. No matter how they booked it I really don't know how many people would still be into it by now. I don't know how long most wrestling fans attention spans are these days. I think PPV to PPV is the limit for most..lol. If a feud like that took place back in the Attitude era there would be no doubt in my mind it would still be going on.

Montana

Randy Orton won the Royal Rumble....and i'm not all that excited yet.

When i said HBK and Taker was no where near a fued, i meant they really havent done anything to push a fued between the two recently. HBK still on raw, Taker still on SD.

Again, as i've said throughout hte thread, The WM card has been very repetitive the past 5 years. It needs to be spiced up. You got your Cena/HHH title matches, Your Undertaker Streak, Your HBK high profile match, Celeb segemnt, Diva segment, and MITB. What are they going to do differently this year, that they haven't in the past 2-3 years. I just don't see them trying to "break the mold" yet this year.

If everyone is fine wiht the same sucessful formula, that is fine. I just feel much like with a draft, they need to shake things up again.

Moonlight Drive

I'm excited already. I mean, Orton is over huge and is the ultimate heel, whilst Cena is the ultimate babyface. Both are more over then they have ever been, and the showdown at 'Mania should truly be something worthy of the Wrestlemania 25 Main Event. One of the first Main Event's in a while where I feel it could go either way.

That's the only thing we know for sure about the card right now. JBL vs HBK is going to end at No Way Out, so that leaves Shawn open for his big marquee match, hopefully against Austin or Taker. Plus, a lot of the big storylines don't start till after No Way Out (Hogan vs Rock for example) so right now the card is up in the air apart from the Main Event of Cena vs Orton, which I feel is a definite lock.