The Official Royal Rumble Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

HHHforever

Reaction score
^Ahh I hadn't thought of that. I didn't see those previous rumbles, but I'm guessing Stone Cold didn't bring the chair to the ring, he got it from under the ring or something like that.

The A-man

Reaction score
Nope, I didn't just point out that Finay brought in a weapon. Anyone can do that (I guess), but if you USE the weapon you'll get DQed.

If Austin and Flair had actively used the chairs that they gotten from outside they would still get the same punishment.

Also, remember that I did say that he entered the ring when he wasn't supposed to.

HHHforever

Reaction score
Yea I'd have to go with Phantom's logic there. I also was very curious as to why Chavo was in the rumble. Seemed very strange to me. I remember last year when Taker won Lashley was on the Raw and had the option of challenging him. But, as said before the ECW championship isn't really considered that important by the WWE so having the ability to challenge for it with a RR win doesn't even seem necissary anymore.

Nation

The ECW Title is like an IC or U.S. title.So they could care less for it.

Christian

Reaction score
Nope, I didn't just point out that Finay brought in a weapon. Anyone can do that (I guess), but if you USE the weapon you'll get DQed.
[/B]

Since when? I remember a few years back (like 5-6 years ago) Tommy Dreamer brought Kendo Sticks to the ring and Dreamer and someone else beat the shit out of Bill DeMott until he jumped out of the ring. They didn't get DQ'ed.

Airfixx

Let's face it, this is a typical case of WWE paying less attention to detail than they should and leaving us with a big "huh?" - One of the fucking annoying, and IMO unprofessional(*), things that they are prone to from time to time.

(*)Can you amagine if script writers for another TV show would pull such a findamental continuity error (In the case of WWE effectively not knowing the rules to their own matches)? ...Don't think it'd be long before their name became shit in their respective industry.

Slipknoted

Reaction score
Basically this could have been all avoided if hornswoggle timed his entrance into the ring to coincide with Finlay's ten count to enter, and then simply let finlay grab hornswoggle and hop over the top rope with him, and leg it to safety.

This was probably actually the original plan, and the DQ'd for weapon was just an explanation made up on the fly, which hasn't really come back to bite them on the arse, unless of course you come to the IWF.

Airfixx

^^^^^^Perhaps they should have kept quiet until they concocted a plausible explaination to announce on their website at a later date?

As you have offered, there may be an explaination (although I think you're grasping at straws with yours), but It's typical WWE, particularly in terms of the Rumble... It took them years to catagorically state that "...Both feet must hit the floor", then there's the issue of can a competitor eliminate themselves (Savage having leaped over the top rope himself, was allowed back in the RR which took place during his fued with Jake, so as per above theory Finlay wouldn't have eliminated himself, only Hornswoggle...).

I'd need to re-watch about 15 RRs to say specifically, but there's defo at least one other contradiction in the application of the rules during the rumble's history prior to 'the Finaly incident'.

Always seemed to me that they we being as vague as possible with the rules in case of times where they need to bend or break them.

....hasn't really come back to bite them on the arse, unless of course you come to the IWF.

Bearing in mind that wrestling relies on a certain amount of suspension of disbelief, WWE can always do without slipping up like this... To whatever degree, it dents the credibility of the product.

Besides, c'mon... I'm sure the "smart"(er) WWE audience stretches a bit further than this forum.

(Eager to point out that this didn't dent my enjoyment of the event at all, but analy-retentive gripes and pontification is what internet forums are all about, innit? ;o] )

Slipknoted

Reaction score
Drew Carey eliminated himself
Mick Foley has eliminated himself

also this business with not being allowed to bring a weapon into the rumble

i swear raven or someone pushed a whole trolley full down to the ring one year

Airfixx

Drew Carey eliminated himself
Mick Foley has eliminated himself

Further evidence that they contradict themselves over the rules.

also this business with not being allowed to bring a weapon into the rumble

i swear raven or someone pushed a whole trolley full down to the ring one year

'01.... Pretty sure it was Raven too. That's how Kane ended up getting busy.

CenaMark54

Finlay's DQ is easily explainable.

He entered the Royal Rumble prematurely and used a weapon. I'm pretty sure Michael Cole explained that he entered before he his number was drawn.

Airfixx

Neither of which peeps have been disqualified for in the past, but regardless the 'official' word is DQ for weapons.