• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Official ROH on Sinclair Broadcasting Discussion Thread

Montana

lmao who is this scrawny Alex Payne guy? Also, when did Eddie Edwards join SnS Inc?

Surprisingly "Sugarfoot" Alex Payne is kinda getting over, the old Spike Dudley/Mikey Whipwreck way. They job are a while and build up their "babyface" status.

Not many really "Like" their students, but they do use them pretty well, and not that frequently. Rhett Titus is probably the best thing to come out of the ROH Students. Their problem is none of them really have the body for a wrestler (with the exception of Titus)

Soulpower

Their problem is none of them really have the body for a wrestler (with the exception of Titus)

Obviously! I mean, Titus has shoulders like boulders >_>

Montana

I finally finished watching episode 2. I guess i was expecting a little more on this show. Heres some quick thoughts on the show.

- Kevin Steen, what happened? I thought ROH could really promote this guy who's got charisma much like a young jericho. I didn't think the opening match showcased Steen or Edwards very well at all. These two can go.

- Cluadio vs Sugarfoot.....I thought this match wasn't bad. Served it purposed. Claudio looks like a huge heel now. Sugarfoot took a beatdown. Works for me.

- Nigel vs Briscoe. I guess my expectations for this match were too high. Felt like they went through the motions on this one. Nigel/Briscoe are two of the best ROH has to offer. Didn't think this match displayed that as well as it could have.

- I noticed the wrestlers were not playing to the crowd as much as they have on recent DVD releases.

- The new announcer said "That Hurt" like 7 seven times in the opening match. And he only calls the "kicks and punches" while prazak calls all the real moves. First week i liked him, second week..not so much. I guess he could be good, still needs some work though.

- Could have pushed "ROH" a lil more with videos, and advertising. Didnt notice too much.

Next week should be a pretty good show. Seems like most people are enjoying the new ROH show.

Soulpower

Took longer than I expected, but I finally managed to watch the most recent episode without any interruptions.

Erick Stevens vs Sterling James Keenan (**)

Decent opener. Both men looked good, but once again, I felt that they let SJK get in a lot of offense, against a man who's actually a full-time member of the roster. Stevens wins after hitting a Release German Suplex, a SICK Lariat, and The Doctor Bomb.

The Dark Fight City Club vs Cheech and Cloudy (*)

Having never seemed the DFCC before, I didn't understand why they were called that. Now I do... Its because they're dark. This was one of the most entertaining squash matches I've seen in a while. DFCC get the win after hitting The Dark City Street Cutter which is a Sit-Out Powerbomb into a Cutter. I was very impressed by these guys.

Necro Butcher vs Chris Heri (**1/2)

This was pretty much a striking contest. Nothing really stood out from the match, and if you've seen both men in the past, then you know what to expect. Hero wins after using the loaded elbow pad to hit The Roaring Elbow.

Bryan Danielson vs Austin Aries (***3/4)

Probably the best match on TV this year (At least up until this point). It was a diet version of the usually great Danielson/Aries match-ups, but it was still great. Both men countered everything that the other had to offer. Danielson wins with the Triangle Choke, and everyone should find this match and watch it as soon as possible.

Overall thoughts: This one was pretty much all about Danielson vs Aries, and it delivered. Go out of your way, and watch this match!

PeepShow

lmao @ the person who rang the bell on this show. What a horrible job. You could barely hear it any time.

And wtf, what happened to THE FINAL COUNTDOWN? Since when did he have it changed?

Soulpower

And wtf, what happened to THE FINAL COUNTDOWN? Since when did he have it changed?

When they got their TV deal, ROH was pretty much forced to change much of the wrestlers themes (They would have to pay each band to use their songs).

Soulpower

Not completely sure, but I don't think they're using them at live events either. I think Roderick is the only guy with the same entrance music.

Montana

They do the trash talking thing, so people that never watched before have a idea of the personalties of the wrestlers.

I also heard Jacobs has the same music, idk if thats true, and i believe the wrestlers can pick if they wan their TV music or their old music when they come to the ring now. Most of the new music is very generic.

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
Cheech and Cloudy are fags, plain and simple.

Show 3 was good, good las " gonna get your f'n head kicked in".. Chants.

Anyone else find Aries "fashion" gimmick epic?

therazar

Reaction score
I don't know if I follow ROH close enough but I thought AOTF was disbanded. Since Jacobs and Black are feuding.