The Official ROH on Sinclair Broadcasting Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Moonlight Drive

This weeks card is definitely a lot less interesting to me than episode one, but I'll still check it out.

seX-Power

Well, watching this show was the first time for me ever watching ROH (Im quite the lazy fucker) and I was impressed. I enjoyed it more than TNA and almost as much as the average Raw.

The little stats and mini promo for each wrestler pre-match was great, especially for the new viewer. The commentators were solid, though Prazak sounded rather uninterested tbh. The opening match was good, and Delirious had an interesting charachter to say the very least. Kenny King looked fucking awesome in the next match, almost like a SHelton Benjamin minus botches and plus charisma. Sami Callahan kept up and didn't look as bad as some are saying. Rhett Titus was pretty entertaining tbfh and ALbright was intense, it was good to see a match end with a simple submission for once. The main event was hyped up nicely with Black and Jacobs' repsective promos, and the match delivered, maybe because you could tell who was face and who was heel.

All in all, a good show that should have probably delivered more being the debut, but was alright. Surprised no champions or star attractions were featured.

Montana

This weeks card is definitely a lot less interesting to me than episode one, but I'll still check it out.

The opener and the main event should be good. In fact, the main event could be real good.

Hometown kid made a good point about the music, which is probably true. But you could hear the fans during the match, but it wasn't with the clarity that it was before. Like SP mentioned, probably working out some kinks.

For those that don't know, Sami Callahan has only wrestled a few times on ROH before the show. I kinda like him, however i would assume ROH is going to use him as a jobber. (he's also had some good matches in other indys) Much like Sugarfoot. As ROH is in this introductary phrase, they have to showcase some jobbers i guess.

Qwake

The show shouldn't be too bad, it will show everyone the ROH champion and one half of probably one of the most hyped tag teams in wrestling at the moment, Nigel Vs Jay should be good. I am guessing they will be trying to get Claudio over with the new viewers since he has become quite a big part in ROH lately after feuding with Danielson. Again, this show will just be to get people use to the ROH style and have them become a little more familiar with the wrestlers, that's most likely why this show doesn't look too crazy on paper but it still should deliver.

I can't wait for the third show when Danielson comes out, it'll be crazy.

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
Pretty good show.

The Crowd chanting the F word is good.

Nigel was amazing, but seemed a little akward on his promo.

Womens match was good, even though I have womens wrestling.

Steen/Edwards= 8/10 really good, the backpack chin drop was amazing!

Del Ray/Haze. 7/10, pretty good for womens wrestling

Claudio/Payne 8/10, wasn't a squash match really... but it was pretty good, Claudios powerbomb is different (to me) in a good way.

Nigel/Jay 9.5/10, really good match. Was about 24 min., they really did good, however, I think Nigel shaking Jay's hand after he destroyed him just shows that he really isn't a heel. I thought heels dont shake their opponents hand?

Qwake

You don't really need to ask for DL links because Kizza usually posts them in the media section.

I thought it was yet another good show, I didn't enjoy as much as the first one but that's just because most guys involved this show round don't really interest me, I am not a fan of Eddie Edwards and Claudio's match was pretty much a squash although I still found it alright. The Main Event was good again, definitely the best part of the show.

What's the full card to next weeks show? I think I remember seeing Danielson Vs Aries in the Main Event but I'm not too sure, anyways, whatever the Main Event is the show is bound to be good as Danielson is on the show! Should be good.

Soulpower

Lineup for Episode 3

Erick Stevens vs Sterling James Keenan

The Dark City Fight Club vs Cheech & Cloudy

CHRIS HERO vs Necro Butcher

Bryan Danielson vs Austin Aries

Montana

Nigel/Jay 9.5/10, really good match. Was about 24 min., they really did good, however, I think Nigel shaking Jay's hand after he destroyed him just shows that he really isn't a heel. I thought heels dont shake their opponents hand?

He's a heel....but he only shakes a wrestlers hand after they gain his respect. So only certain wrestlers Nigel has shaked hands with. He's kinda similar to bret hart in 97 in the wwf. While he was a heel in the eyes of the americans, he still had traditional values. Its somewhat similar to that.

Qwake

Lineup for Episode 3

Erick Stevens vs Sterling James Keenan

The Dark City Fight Club vs Cheech & Cloudy

CHRIS HERO vs Necro Butcher

Bryan Danielson vs Austin Aries

I'm quite excited for this show, Erick Stevens in action is good even though I know nothing about his opponent. DCFC I have heard a little of and from what I hear they are quite good, their match with Steenerico was good i think I remember hearing and I've heard of Cheech and Cloudy so that should be good/interesting. CHRIS HERO being on the show makes it instant good! Danielson Vs Aries, two of my favourite guys in ROH main eventing, should be awesome, hopefully it gets good time like the previous main events have.

Show looks awesome!

Evil Austin

To me the first show was better overal then the second show but the Nigel / Briscoe match was ten times better then Jimmy Jacobs and Black match.

Still as lots of people have said it's much better then what TNA have in their two hours of shows, hopefuly after a couple of months they can move their ROH shows into two hours and have time to add in promo's not just match hype ones if you know what I mean.

therazar

Reaction score
Still as lots of people have said it's much better then what TNA have in their two hours of shows, hopefuly after a couple of months they can move their ROH shows into two hours and have time to add in promo's not just match hype ones if you know what I mean.

The wrestling is better than TNA and WWE. Also it would not be a good thing if the shows were 2 hours. That is how long the PPV's are I think. It would be hard to hold peoples attention for two hours with the current setup.

PeepShow

lmao who is this scrawny Alex Payne guy? Also, when did Eddie Edwards join SnS Inc?

Soulpower

Alex Payne is one of the students from the ROH academy... He's also a perennial jobber.

As for Edwards, he joined Sweet N Sour last April, during ROH's Bedlam in Beantown show.