• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Official ROH on Sinclair Broadcasting Discussion Thread

Montana

It's starts tonight....I don't have HD net (yet), but i'm pumped. I can't wait for ROH to give WWE/TNA a run for their money. As much as i don't like the newer style, it's still better than wwe/tna.

Anyone watching Tonight?

Anyone see the show, and care to review it?

Montana

I'm looking for a stream Peep. Myself being lazy, never bothered at add the HD channels with HD Net to my tv. I'm not 100% sure how these shows are going to be used, but its some sample wrestling to promote their characters and upcoming dvds/ppvs. (Not something to compete with wwe/tna, I dont think i phrased that correct on my first post) Should be some basic solid wrestling, similar to the first TNA shows.

Most likely their will be a DL link up in the next day, if I can't find a stream

Adampro123

Reaction score
I can not wait for the show tonight. i got HD Net just for ROH.

What sucks for me is i haven't watched anything since DBDH 6 and watching this will basically spoil anything that has happens in between DBDH 6 and now.

but oh well. i wouldn't miss this for the world.

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
Here's my Review Guys! Just watched it 2 min. ago

Jerry Lynn vs. Delerious

Pretty good match, was kinda slow half way, but was great in general. Delerious isn't part of the AOFT? That's weird... Lynn destroys Delerious in the end

8/10

Tyler Black Promo

Pretty good, Black is freakin amazing on the mic. I don't like his whiny voice, but he freakin owns in general.

8/10

Sammy Calihan vs. Kenny King

Wasn't too good, but it was alright. King kills Kalihan with a huge knee to the back of the face into the second turn buckle, and finishes him with his finisher (I forgot)

7/10

Jimmy Jacobs Promo

Pretty good, got me wondering who would win! Jacobs talks about how he brought Tyler into ROH, and how he's going to take him out and such.

8/10

Brent Albright vs. "Addicted to Love" Rhett Titus

Brent gets the shit beat out of him half way, but ends it with a crow bar. Im a huge fan of the NWA Brent Albright, but the match in general wasn't too bad, or good.

7.5/10

History of ROH
8/10- Great Package

Jacobs/Black History Package

The Main Event
Tyler Black vs. Jimmy Jacobs (The Match was 20 min. long!! Holy shit!)

They kill each other. Jacobs throws some chairs i nthe ring to get into Blacks head. Jacobs dominates probably most of the match, but Black fights back. Jacbos gets Black into a front headlock (with his legs around Blacks upper-thigh area ) which black reverses into a bridge, for the win.

9/10

Pros
Smack Talk before the match. Freakin Owns
1..2....3 Count ( Information about the Wrestler)
Only 1 commercial through the whole thing!! and it was 2 min!!!
Commentary is pretty good!
The Match Styles are amazing!

Cons
None that I can think of

The show was great, Black is the shit IMO, and they've gained a new viewer in me!

Next week its Nigel vs. Jay Briscoe- I cant wait!!

Soulpower

Have to agree with Dylan. It was a good debut show, with a great main event. I loved the fact that there was only one commercial break (And it was advertising ROH), and that the main event got a lot of time.

They also added a nice touch by giving some info on the wrestlers as they made their entrances (Inlcuding their finishers).

Soulpower

Here's a mini-review.

Jerry Lynn vs Delirious (**1/2)

We got a short video promo for each competitor prior to the match. The match itself was solid, but nothing mind-blowing. There was a bit of a botch during one part (A Sunset Flip spot) but it wasn't enough to take away from the match. Both men got to hit their signature moves, and Jerry Lynn (Who was pretty damn over, unsurprisingly) got the win after hitting the Cradle Piledriver. Good enough match to get the new fans into the product.

Backstage, Kyle Durden interviews Tyler Black. Tyler wants revenge, and promises to take care of business tonight.

Sami Callahan vs Kenny King (**)

Our second straight good match. Kenny King looked awesome, and Sami was able to keep up with him. Callahan hit a nice combination of kicks followed by a Cutter and a Seated Clothesline which almost got him the win. Finish comes when Sami charges towards the corner, but King gets out of the way and hits some Charging Knees to the back (Similar to The Elijah Express), followed by The Coronation (Inverted DVD) for the win.

Backstage, Durden interviews Jimmy Jacobs. Jimmy delivers a very good promo (As usual) on Tyler Black, talking about how he went from fighting against the masses, to fighting for them.

We actually got a commercial after this, but it was short, and it was basically promoting ROHWrestling.com.

We get a nifty video package featuring some of the former wrestlers in the company (Styles, Joe, Punk) and some of the legends that have been in ROH (Foley, Heenan, Flair, Sammartino).

Rhett Titus vs Brent Albright (**)

Yet another solid match, with Titus being AWESOME, and actually getting in a lot of offense against Albright (And looking good while doing so). Albright looked very good (Even hitting a Plancha at one point), and got the win after hitting the Half-Nelson Suplex, followed by The Crowbar for the tap out victory.

Prior to the main event, we get another video package featuring highlights from Rising Above and Final Battle 08, showing how the break-up of Jacobs and Black (And Aries' heel turn) came about.

Tyler Black vs Jimmy Jacobs (***1/2)

These two men flat-out delivered in the main event. A nice spot happened when Jacobs was slouched in the corner, and Tyler went for a Powerbomb... Only to have Jimmy counter into a Headscissors that sent Black into a corner turnbuckle. Tyler goes for the Phoenix Splash, but Jacobs moves out of the way and hits a Spear for a near-fall. Jimmy goes for the Senton from the top rope, but Tyler got the knees up. He went for God's Last Gift, but Jimmy countered into the End Time. Black countered that, got a roll-up for 2, but Jacobs once again countered into the End Time, only Tyler manages to bridge over and get the win. Just a great match from start to finish.

The show ends with a video hyping up next week's show (And the Nigel vs Jay Briscoe match), and ROH's next ppv.

All in all, a very good debut for Ring Of Honor. They did a good job of introducing every wrestler with the video promos prior to the match, and the production quality was much improved from the DVD's. I will say that the camerawork was a bit inconsistent. There were a couple of camera angles that made it look like the camera-men were drunk.

The other notable change was in the announce team, and to be honest... Mike Hogewood did ok for someone who was new to the product. He kept his mistakes for a minimum, and allowed Prazak to chime in when it came time to talk about the wrestlers and their moves.

I'd give the ROH debut a thumbs up, and call it simply what it was. A damn fine PRO WRESTLING show.

Montana

I was actually over my buddys and i realized at the like 757 he had HDnet so i caught the first 20 minutes, and first impression, was the new announcer did pretty good. Reminder me a bit of JR. I'll review the full show, when i catch it all.

The show sounds as though it was a huge success! I have been interested to see what the first show would be like and right now everything I have heard has been positive which is good. It must have been awesome having no ads apart from the 2min ROH ad itself, that would give everybody a good chance to sit down and get into the show without other commercials cutting in during the show.

Now I am curious to see how the second show does because pretty much everyone from this first show won't be there, from what I remember the second show looked/sounded quite good so hopefully a few more new guys begin to watch.

Btw, I am also on the look out for any downloads, I will rep the hell out of you if you get me a mega upload one sometime because the show sounds great!