**The Official No Mercy Thread**

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kaedon

Reaction score
NoMercy_300x450_000.jpg

Matches

WWE Title Match: HHH(c) vs. Jeff Hardy
World Heavyweight Championship Match: Chris Jericho(c) vs. HBK (Ladder Match)
ECW Title Match: Matt Hardy(c) vs. Mark Henry
WWE Womens Title Match: Beth Pheonix(c) vs. Candice Michelle
Number One Contender Match: JBL vs. Batista
The Undertaker vs. The Big Show
Kane vs. Rey Mysterio

Airfixx

No Mercy undercard - Nothing brewing...

I think No Mercy has a pretty good track record over the years, but is anyone else a bit concerned that there's very little taking shape for the rest of the card?

I mean, if confirmed, Candice v Beth is gonna suck cos Candice is shit (saw her return match and she was just stumbling about from shitty looking move to the next).

Not convinced we'll see Santino defend on PPV (at least without a crappy finish).

Guessing we'll get a US title triple threat (or 4-way) cos the competitions shown to be pretty open right now, but we've seen most combo's of the challengers on SD over the last month or two and with Hardy in the match with HHH, the rest of the mix is all heels unless they include Truth.... Hense I think we'd either see Shelton retain or Truth win (which I think would be too much to soon as the crowds only just catching onto the fact that they're actually meant to like him).

Only other things that spring to mind is Rey having the pay-off match with Kane or Priceless getting a match against Rey & Bourne (would somewhat defy logic - See Rey/Kane).

Other thoughts: Koslov screws Hardy as HE wants to be the one to dethrone HHH rather than risk further delay to him getting some "real com-pah-tish-un" due to rematch clauses and re-shuffling of contendership.

Assuming that Taker is meant to be too injured to actually wrestle, I think they'll hold back on Taker v Show until Survivor Series and put them in some kind of gimmick match.

Anyone else got any thoughts????

The Rated R CMStar

I think in fact it is a pretty good card.

The title matches will be good. I don't know yet the role of Kozlov, but nonetheless HHH vs Hardy and HBK vs Jericho will make my day anytime.

Rey vs Kane and Big Show vs Taker(which as already been confirmed apparently, as it is in WWE.com), will depend on the level of Taker and Kane on that night.

Women's match will be horrible.

Matt Hardy vs Mark Henry, if it comes close to their Extreme Rules match at ECW a weeks ago, will be awesome.

I reckon some other matches will be added. Probably Shelton vs R-truth, which will be a step in the right direction as we need a TRUE undercard match to spark interest in midcard. Also, as a longshot, a tag team non title match: Mizorrison vs Cryme Tyme, but yeah, that's really a longshot

Airfixx

Oooops.... My bad. I very rarely read WWE.com as it's horrible.

If we got Taker/Show, Kane/Rey & Matt/Henry that certainly beefs the card up quite a lot.

Still kinda wish you'd get a bit more of an even spread for PPVs tho (i.e. Midcard & Tag teams too)...

Christian

Reaction score
yeah, rey vs kane is confirmed and so is taker vs. big show. they advertised that on raw monday

The Rated R CMStar

Shelton vs R-Truth would be damn awesome. Priceless will probably be on the PPV somehow anyways

Ballin

Reaction score
WHC championship ladder match should be really good. I'm not sure about the WWE Title Match just yet, and number one contender's match will be utter shit.

Moonlight Drive

This show is quite stacked for a B PPV.

I'd say this is due to the fact BFG is round the same time, so the WWE are trying to get the buyrates. They've got mine tbh, HBK vs Y2J Ladder match, Show vs Taker, Rey vs Kane, and I'm sure all the Hardy marks will buy it for his title match.

seX-Power

This show is gonna be up there near the best of the year with the way it looks now. I may even order this and I only order about 1/20 PPVs.

Jericho v HBK will be pure awesomeness in a can :shifty: and may end up MOTY, so hopefully both these guys pull it all out and give us the greatest match in a while as it has potential to be that.

Hardy v HHH will be a good wrestling bout and interested to see how the match plays out for this one. I am divided on who will win but I am fairly certain that HHH will retain in a great match.

Hardy v Henry should be better than we expect. Hopefully they give this time as these 2 have had 2 really good matches in the past and may seem like an odd couple but mesh well together.

JBL v Batista I am very uninterested about. The match should be solid at best and there is literally no storyline so far. Batista to win, meh.

Undertaker v Big Show I wont really expect too much from due to Taker's shattered knees and Big Show's ring rust but nevertheless it will be great storytelling wise. Show should win though and I see an interference here.

Rey v Kane I am quite excited about. The build up has been a long time coming and has been a bit half hearted at points but overall I am really enjoyng this and I have no idea who will win.

Candice v Beth I really dont wanna see. I wonder who will win as they are meant to be giving Candice this big push but she failed on her first match.

There should be 1 or 2 matches to be added to the card. The possibilities I see are McCool v Maryse again due to Maryse going over on ECW. Priceless v Punk and Kofi for the tag title might also happen with Rhodes and Dibiase losing the gold. Smackdown needs another match though so I think that a US title match would be very appropriate. They could do Benjamin v Truth one on one but I doubt it. I see a battle royal/gauntlet match comprising of Shelton/Truth/Kendrick/MVP/Helms. Either that or a WWE tag title rematch with the Colon Brothers.

either way, its all good

Moonlight Drive

X-Power, you used my phrase you skank. :smh

In the remaining slots I can sort of see Priceless & Manu vs Punk & Kofi in a Handicap match, R-Truth vs Shelton Benjamin or Maryse vs McCool. Hopefully we get the first two.

Beer Money Army

i am actually rooting for a Double DQ or Double countout for Batista vs JBL, I dont want either man to win

Moonlight Drive

^^I actually see it going that way, then we vote between JBL, Tista and HBK at CS.

kingovkings

Reaction score
The card is pretty good so far IMO, Plus there will be a few more matches added. Im hoping shelton vs Truth and Pricless, Manu vs Punk, Kofi, And maybe Bourne could fill the gap.
Either way the PPV is looking Pretty cool.

Montana

The two main events look real good, but the rest of the card is....mehhh.

ECW Title Match: Matt Hardy(c) vs. Mark Henry
WWE Womens Title Match: Beth Pheonix(c) vs. Candice Michelle
Number One Contender Match: JBL vs. Batista
The Undertaker vs. The Big Show
Kane vs. Rey Mysterio

Is anyone excited for any of these matches?? I think Kane/Mysterio will be ok, but not enough for me to reach into my wallet and pull out a wad of cash.

Kaedon

Reaction score
I think all of the matches will be great, for the most part, but the outcomes are so obvious its laughable.