THE Official Cricket Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kizza

Some proper bowlers would be nice. Johnson's right off in terms of form, Bracken can't be relied upon to get 10 overs for like 30 runs. Clarke & Hussey weren't gonna get wickets. They have no real strike bowler.

Kizza

No, they don't. They need to build the future, not get quick fixes from him or anyone else.

Reaction score
^^^the depth to their team, or the lack thereof in ours?

I think Duminy has to be another contender for one of the best batsmen going around - he's had a pretty impressive summer over here thus far...

Wonder what's going to turn the Aussie team around...

Kizza

We have got guys who have basically "stamped" a spot in the team (Symonds) while their are guys who deserve a chance and would be much better then that fuck up.

Nancy Di Loreto

Reaction score
I'm telling you, we need Warne back to help keep the team stable and afloat on top of the rest of the world, and try to build new greats. Right now it seems like Ponting, and yeah, Ponting :(

Reaction score
^^^Im starting to hope you're just joking, all the time. Fuck Warne, we've done fine without him, apart from this Summer against SA. They simply outplayed us.

I'm thinking these next few games will be a boost to Aus's confidence, and we'll come out of this series 3-2 or 4-1. I think it was Ian Healy who said, today on commentary, 'Australia has been missing the confidence they have had for 10-15 years, and it's not letting them play as freely as they like to'.

Maybe I'm just being pissy because personally, I don't like Warne. I don't deny he had some great skill with the ball, but he's retired ... gone ... finished. While we look at those we could possibly use back on the team, Gilchrist, McGrath are both gone as well (off the top of my head).

Beer Money Army

australia doesn't have a lack of depth..

i blame the selectors in each state we have promising talent there

Vics:
Brad hodge (pby aussie best 20/20 batter atm)
shane harwood
andrew mcdonald
clint Mckay
dirk Nannes
chris rogers (4 the test game only)
damien Wright
Adam Crosthwaite (his batting isn't as good as paine, but have strong keeper skills)

W/a:
Marcus North
Brett dorey
aaron heal (we need a spinner and he seems to be our best quality for One day form)
Steve Magoffin
Luke Ronchi (i like him, But he's that type of batter if he has a hard tiem scoring he will do shit.)

QLD:
Lee Carseldine (he has improved greatly in the past 2 season of county cricket)
Ben Laughlin (he is doing awesome in one day level, he may need more games under his belt tho)
Ashley Noffke (you could almost label him as a all rounder, pretty decent one)

S/A:
Michael Klinger
Allan Wise (he has scored 100 wickets in 34 1st class games with 5 wkts in ings)

Tasmania:
george Bailey
Travis birt
Brett Geeves (4 the one day form)
Tim Paine (this guy has a decent batting average, but his keeping skills are very crisp and solid)

NSW:
Katich (unsure why aussie didn't pick him, he was in great form for test)
Phil hughes
mark Cameron
Dominic Thornely
phil jaques (for test, i am unsure if i would pick him for ODI)

But from that One day series with S.africa

shaun Marsh, Ricky Ponting, david hussey was our top batter's...
while Hilfenhaus and hauritz was our most effected bowling....

(johnson did 29 overs 2/202 :smh very poor effort by him) James hopes was our most eco bowler.. side note johnson has play s/africa in 4 games now career 32 overs 2/230 eco 7.18, also Johnson career odi against NZ isn't too much good either, 7 games 54 overs 7/355 50.71 eco 6.57 with 3 of them games being in aussie and he failed 2/3, Best performance was at hobart)

white, tait, ryan harris should be dropped before kiwi series..
while michael Clarke, Brad Haddin, james hopes, Warner should be montiored for there batting in the series against nZ and if they failure, should consider droppage...

But we all must remember New Zealand had a rough time beating west Indies in ODI and on account they lost to our PM XI this week in a one day game with pm XI having a so what average side..

Kiwi only has Brendon McCullum, Jesse Ryder, ross taylor, Guptill, Kyle Mills and Tim Southee...

half of those players arent even in the level 3/4 of South africa squad...

i say Aussies win 4-1

Beer Money Army

Imma say NZ will beat us 3-2.
you don't have much high hopes for us.. :smh

Simon katich at the moment is playing for NSW in a 4 dayer against Tasmania..

Katich is 102* 110 balls 7/4's and 4/4's and people say he dodesn't play aggressive.. Last season and this season is probably simon katich best batting performance ever, he should get picked and also a bonus if ponting is injuried, Katich has that captaincy skills under his belt...

why overrated spinner krezja is 29 overs 4 maidens 1/116, He may got one wicket, but that eco of 4.00 should be more 2.25-2.75...

there is 2 internationals games playing today..

Zimbawe vs Kenya 3rd match = I think Zim can make it 3-0 easily
India vs Sri Lanka 2nd game = Despite who lanka will have, IMO India is the #1 One day side in International level.. it could get close, But india should get...

You gotta rofl at thies, next series for NZ after playing Aussies.. is India... (i predict a india thrashing)...

for this season i don't see any India Vs South Africa, which sucks.. Because imo there the 2 top strength sides in international Level.. (it would be a awesome series, would draw greatly)

While Australia is #3

Kizza

Well, after watching all the games against South Africa, I think it's understandable that I don't have high hopes.

Reaction score
^^^It is, yeh. I'm not looking forward to the thrashings we saw against NZ come tomorrow, I'm looking for a close game with more poor cricket from the Aussies.

Michael Clarke getting monitored, and possible dropped? I don't think so, he's one of the better players on the Aussie team. His batting, disregarding the duck last night, is at a good average and what not, he is a solid fielder and can supply with some mediocre spin bowling if need be (not saying he should be relied on).

I think Warner, if he can keep up his big hits will stay in the team for the sheer fact that people will go to see him. He's like Gilly, when he was playing -people would go to see a chance of him hitting a sixes etc, because that was just his reputation (nothing against Gilly, I loved his batting). With the recent slump in cricket enjoyment, the selectors may be more inclined to keep him in the team, if his batting stays at a decent level, because he will draw more people.

Kizza

We need one solid opener, who looks like Marsh, some middle order players, and a strike fast bowler and decent spinner.