THE Official Cricket Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kizza

Yesh, the greatest game to ever grace this planet, and the one thing that the poms did decently, was create the game of cricket. Too bad we also own the crap out of them and quickly realised that this was a game that we could play. Then, expansion started. Other countries picked up the gleaming English Willow and a beautiful red cricket ball and started playing. Soon. teams popped up in India, Sri Lanka, South Africa, West Indies and many more places. The USA even play this game, but are recognized as one of the worst countries in the game. Canada also play and are better, but their best player is an Australian.

So, who wants to talk about CRICKET!?

Australia better beat South Africa in South Africa tbh, so that we have confidence going into the ALL IMPORTANT ASHES SERIEZ~!.

C4

Finally we have a thread on cricket which really is the best sport around.

South Africa beat you guys at your own land, the first time that happened since 1992, you have to get used to it.

So, who loves T-20 other than myself? :D

Kizza

It's the first time we've ever lost a test series to South Africa.

C4

Who is your favorite player in the Aussie cricket team and who do you think is the worst player of the team?

for me, best is Michael Clarke
and worst, Mathew Hayden?

Also, out of all the world cups that took place, which one do you like the best?

For me, the best world cup was the 1986 one where they had England vs. Australia for the finals, the match was soooo exciting till the end and the rest of the matches didn't disappoint either, I have the VHS set for all the matches that took place :D

Kizza

Our best batsman in the squad would be Ricky Ponting. Hayden is not the worst, he's just had it and doesn't know when to retire.

The world cup that stands out in my mind is 99, when Gibbs dropped Steve Waugh, after Warnie had told him to stick around cos he flicks the ball in the air rather quickly before having control of it. And, it happened, and it was categorized as a drop, and we went on to win the semi final and the world cup.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

Gibbs dropping the World Cup was rofls, and still is to this very day.

Australia has so much talent in the domestic ranks that can and should be playing. It's shit that someone like Hayden took up a spot for longer than he had to.

Kizza

He'll be gone when Jaques is good and ready. he made a much better impression then Rogers did.

I'd much rather have Hughes come in than Jacques. Hughes has been in amazing form this year and is only 20 years old. We need to set up for the long term future, and Hughes could well be a future leader.

Beer Money Army

I don't mind the side for the ODI...

but this is my 20 Man Aussie side for The tri-series

ricky ponting
michael hussey
cameron white
michael clarke
david Hussey
Brad hodge
brad haddin
Andrew Symonds
andrew macdonald
james Hopes
Michael Klinger
david warner

Nathan bracken
Mitchell johnson
Ben Hilfenhaus
Shaun Tait
Peter Siddle
Nathan Hauritz
shane harwood
ashley Noffke

If one of these bowlers or Hauritz doesnt work out, Maybe try Doug Bollinger or mark cameron or aaron bird.. if hauritz fucks up Aaron heal might be a option as he is doing well for w/a in one day spin...

Kizza

Just cos Hughes has done some good things in the Shef doesn't mean he can cut it at test/ODI level. Jaques has proven that with multiple centuries at test level.

By that logic there's no reason to drop Hayden. He's proven that he can make centuries at test level.

Kizza

But he's obviously had it. He can't play at test level anymore cos he's body's had it. He's 37 and can't play like he used to. Jaques is in his mid to late 20's, which is really the prime of a cricketer, and was playing some great cricket. Hughes is 20 and has made some scores. And? It took Hussey till he was like 30 to get a test spot and he was one of the best Shef guys going around. Darren Lehmann played only 30 tests and he's the highest Sheffield Runs scorer ever or something like that. Just cos he's making some scores now doesn't mean that he will be/should be/deserves to be picked.

But he's obviously had it. He can't play at test level anymore cos he's body's had it. He's 37 and can't play like he used to. Jaques is in his mid to late 20's, which is really the prime of a cricketer, and was playing some great cricket. Hughes is 20 and has made some scores. And? It took Hussey till he was like 30 to get a test spot and he was one of the best Shef guys going around. Darren Lehmann played only 30 tests and he's the highest Sheffield Runs scorer ever or something like that. Just cos he's making some scores now doesn't mean that he will be/should be/deserves to be picked.

So you're saying Hayden deserves to be dropped because he can no longer capture form, yet you're also saying Hughes shouldn't be picked based on form? Makes perfect sense to me.

Kizza

Already discussed this on MSN but whatever:

Hughes has played 16 domestic matches with an average of like 43. Sure, that's impressive. But, why should he be picked in like his first year when there are plenty of other guys putting together impressive innings. That's hardly right. The guys only 20 as well. Barely anyone in the current test squad would have made their debut at 20. There's still many years for him to be brought up to test level. It could be next year, the year after or the year after that. Yet he'd still be in his early 20's. And it doesn't mean that his form in the Shield will translate over to International level. It's a hell of a lot harder to play for your country then to play for your state.

Evil Austin

I once say a video were John Howard played cricket a couple of years ago. He was roflmao. He could not catch, throw to the bowler, bowl or bat. Though it was just a publicity stunt to get him votes.

Also am I the only ones who think that the skill level in cricket teams around the world goes like this. Australia > England > South Africa > Shrilanka (spelling) > Others?
Or would you rank the order differently.