The official CM Punk leaving WWE discussion thread.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
He won't. By all accounts he has a very bad relationship with Hunter, which was only worsened when Punk didn't want to face him at Mania for whatever reason. So far, WWE have treated him like Benoit, except at the beginning of Chicago RAW. I'd be surprised if he ever shows up in WWE again, let alone works a match.

By those same accounts, Vince loves the guy.

Meanwhile, there are other accounts that say all three have a terrific relationship behind the scenes, despite the fact that they often have very different ideas about "what's best for business".

wk

Brad.

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
By those same accounts, Vince loves the guy.

Meanwhile, there are other accounts that say all three have a terrific relationship behind the scenes, despite the fact that they often have very different ideas about "what's best for business".

wk

Yep, Vince spoke to Punk in person to get him back for the Chicago RAW, and nothing.

But I've never heard anything that suggests Hunter and Punk have "a terrific relationship." Look at the subtle digs from Hunter and Stephanie on recent RAWs.

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
Yep, Vince spoke to Punk in person to get him back for the Chicago RAW, and nothing.

But I've never heard anything that suggests Hunter and Punk have "a terrific relationship." Look at the subtle digs from Hunter and Stephanie on recent RAWs.

Exactly. They're subtle, which means they're put there for the smarks, not the casuals. If they were really trying to bury the guy, they would be something that the casual fan (since most of them watch the RtW) would get.

And rumors say that Punk and Vince had unsuccessful negotiations about getting Punk back for Raw in Chicago. All Vince has told anybody is that Punk's "on sabbatical". I just figure that the Chairman of the Board of Directors of WWE, when talking to his investors, would be more forthcoming if CM Punk had completely shut down negotiations for a return.

wk

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
I'd expect Punk to be back at some point. I find it preposterous to think he'll never be back at all. He's frustrated with creative just as Austin was in 2002, and he feels burned out from a character and ring work perspective just like Jericho in 2005, but both those guys eventually returned (it took Austin only eight months, despite how big of a deal his walkout and the subsequent smear campaign were.) Once Punk feels refreshened, I'd expect him to be back in some capacity. When and for how long before he officially retires, who knows.

Reactions: Wacokid27

Nice Person

The Artiste
Reaction score
It's simple, really. He's taking some time off to have all his tatoos removed/covered, and he's going to come back clean shaved, with a 'face' personna. That's it. Case closed.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Phillip Brooks is a lamer.
CM Skunk > CM Punk
sign that jobber to a contract WWE!
798e4725070deb5bbde8f81ff067cc50.jpg

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I wonder what Punk's would do if he even came back... He's probably going to come back and the 'E will sick Rusev on him for being a quitter.

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
I wonder what Punk's would do if he even came back... He's probably going to come back and the 'E will sick Rusev on him for being a quitter.

Yeah.

HHH: "Dave, you're a third-tier actor who is in a movie that we hope will make a ton of money for Marvel, and you're not the main character in the film, but we'll guarantee you a Wrestlemania main event if you come back to WWE...because that's best for business."

goes really well with

HHH: "Phil, you're one of the top pro wrestlers in the business who, despite the fact that the IWC (hahaha) has decided you suck and you're a quitter, still gets his name chanted at every WWE house show, taping, and live event we've done since you 'took your ball and went home', but we'll guarantee you a squashing at the hands of an NXT rookie and largely unproven commodity if you come back to WWE....because that's best for business."

Not a realistic set of conversations.

wk

Reactions: ShaRpY HaRdY

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Yeah.

HHH: "Dave, you're a third-tier actor who is in a movie that we hope will make a ton of money for Marvel, and you're not the main character in the film, but we'll guarantee you a Wrestlemania main event if you come back to WWE...because that's best for business."

goes really well with

HHH: "Phil, you're one of the top pro wrestlers in the business who, despite the fact that the IWC (hahaha) has decided you suck and you're a quitter, still gets his name chanted at every WWE house show, taping, and live event we've done since you 'took your ball and went home', but we'll guarantee you a squashing at the hands of an NXT rookie and largely unproven commodity if you come back to WWE....because that's best for business."

Not a realistic set of conversations.

wk
Totally was not serious but thanks for your evaluation lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.