The official CM Punk leaving WWE discussion thread.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I can totally understand why he left, he was burned out and was also being treated like crap, so he's got my support. He'll come back, eventually, he's gonna start missing it. I say either Royal Rumble 2015 or 2016.
I understand him being burned out, but how was he being treated like crap? If anything, the fact he was probably pinning HHH at WM is more than he deserved as the stale babyface he was before he left.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
I understand him being burned out, but how was he being treated like crap? If anything, the fact he was probably pinning HHH at WM is more than he deserved as the stale babyface he was before he left.
Us internet smarks may have found him stale, but his merchandise sales and crowd reactions suggest he wasn't. Punk was the closest to Bryan's popularity before he left. Punk probably thinks he deserves something more than a match against HHH, a match he would probably lose as well. I personally enjoy the passion Punk has for the business, as many would just take that match -- and the payday that comes with it -- and not particularly care.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Us internet smarks may have found him stale, but his merchandise sales and crowd reactions suggest he wasn't. Punk was the closest to Bryan's popularity before he left. Punk probably thinks he deserves something more than a match against HHH, a match he would probably lose as well. I personally enjoy the passion Punk has for the business, as many would just take that match -- and the payday that comes with it -- and not particularly care.
But why would he cry about being in that position? That I don't understand. What, did he feel like he deserved to be in the ME more than Bryan? I just don't see how the guy can go "well I'm not going to lower myself to the level of HHH at WM lol, bye". If that was his train of thought he's just a baby. What was he standing up for here? The way he was being treated? There was nothing wrong with the way they were treating him, that's the problem. Even if you consider his work before leaving as good, it's not like facing Hunter at 'Mania is so preposterous and absurd that he has to leave as if that's an insult.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
But why would he cry about being in that position? That I don't understand. What, did he feel like he deserved to be in the ME more than Bryan? I just don't see how the guy can go "well I'm not going to lower myself to the level of HHH at WM lol, bye". If that was his train of thought he's just a baby. What was he standing up for here? The way he was being treated? There was nothing wrong with the way they were treating him, that's the problem. Even if you consider his work before leaving as good, it's not like facing Hunter at 'Mania is so preposterous and absurd that he has to leave as if that's an insult.
Nobody knows for sure whether it was his WM position that was the biggest impact on him leaving. I personally think it was his injuries mixed with his thinking that he wasn't in a position in the company he thinks he deserves. If he knew he was about to lose at Wrestlemania to HHH -- which is very probable -- then I understand why he probably doesn't want to do that. Some people seem to think it's because he wanted to be in the main event, I highly doubt it. A match with HHH at Wrestlemania is pretty close to the main event and since Punk was pushing for Bryan to get pushed, then it's very unlikely that he thought he deserves Bryan's spot.

It's a combination between injuries and not wanting to job to HHH at Wrestlemania.

Reactions: Rysenberg

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Nobody knows for sure whether it was his WM position that was the biggest impact on him leaving. I personally think it was his injuries mixed with his thinking that he wasn't in a position in the company he thinks he deserves. If he knew he was about to lose at Wrestlemania to HHH -- which is very probable -- then I understand why he probably doesn't want to do that. Some people seem to think it's because he wanted to be in the main event, I highly doubt it. A match with HHH at Wrestlemania is pretty close to the main event and since Punk was pushing for Bryan to get pushed, then it's very unlikely that he thought he deserves Bryan's spot.

It's a combination between injuries and not wanting to job to HHH at Wrestlemania.
Leaving due to injuries is fine by me. I'm not sure about him doing the job though, I wasn't keeping up with reports/trusting them a lot, so I have to say that I'm not particularly sure he knew he was going to job, but assuming that was the case, he has a bit more of a reason here to leave but I still think it was overreacting, so to speak. But if Punk had a problem with losing to Hunter, how is it that he doesn't want to be in the main event? You said it yourself that Punk/HHH would be ME caliber, so I'm not sure what he wanted his position to be (assuming he was OK with not winning the belt). What I'm getting at here is that if he was OK with DB getting the push I don't know what he could possibly be angry about, because he'd be at the second most important match on the card. In that case the guy was leaving to avoid doing a job, which, again, is kinda childish. Granted, we don't know if he left mostly because of injuries or what it was, but if he was going to stay and left because he was doing a job... you know. I get standing up for himself or not taking s***, but losing a match when you're still in the ME is not something that gives you the right to leave as if you were being mistreated in my opinion.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score

Well, these are only rumors, but... CM Punk was going to get pinned by HHH at Mania and he didn't like that. Like Paul Heyman said in many interviews, only three people know the reason of Punk's walk-out and those people are Vince, Hunter and Punk himself.

Correct. ^

And just like I said, only 3 people know why CM Punk left...

Regarding the DBry subject... DBry ain't the reason CM Punk left, I'm 100% sure. Punk's said it himself, if anyone's better than him in that ring, it's Daniel Bryan.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
why are you marks still talking about this asshole.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
He is being sarcastic.

edit: The two longest threads based on one superstar are this and the Kelly Kelly thread. Says a lot about you nerds.

Couldn't tell if he was serious or ridiculously sarcastic. I'm a rookie here, guess I'll have to stick around more to see through you guys. lol

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Well, these are only rumors, but... CM Punk was going to get pinned by HHH at Mania and he didn't like that. Like Paul Heyman said in many interviews, only three people know the reason of Punk's walk-out and those people are Vince, Hunter and Punk himself.
Well, as I stated in my previous post I don't think losing a match is an excuse to leave.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Yeah, I guess. But we don't know exactly why he left.
Yeah, I'm saying that based on the assumption that he left due to the job he had to do, indeed we don't know. Could have left for any reason. I still think this whole story is a bit odd, but at this point I don't really mind whether Punk comes back or not.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm saying that based on the assumption that he left due to the job he had to do, indeed we don't know. Could have left for any reason. I still think this whole story is a bit odd, but at this point I don't really mind whether Punk comes back or not.

I really hope he does come back, he's one of my favorite wrestlers.
Punk will return, he's gonna start missing what he loves to and that's wrestling. I could see him coming back at the Rumble next year or in 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.