The Nexus

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ahorrig

Reaction score
WWE.com has said cena suffered a hip injury, and aren't sure whether he can wrestle or not.
I think it will be cena vs punk at mania, with the stipulation if punk loses, nexus disbands, as for cena im not sure, but maybe one of these things: 1.He retires forever.
2.he moves to SD.
3.he can never get involved with nexus again.
Cena will probably win the match, so it doesn't really matter.

Veritas

Reaction score
SmackDown! needs bodies and, with Punk being immediately plugged into the Nexus leader role and Barrett seemingly getting the blowoff at TLC, I can see WWE shifting him to the blue brand upon his return. I think an Edge/Barrett program could be interesting and could be a good "throw out" title match for the Rumble to gauge just how much interest Barrett draws on his own sans Nexus.

Airfixx

Reaction score
I really don't want Barrett to turn face.

^^^THIS!

This was what i was getting at.... I really fear they're gonna undo all the excellent work the did in establishing him (a bit like Orton post-Evolution).

I also hope they can keep Cena & Punk apart until Mania (if the plan is to have them clash one on one). The injury bodes well, I guess.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
...so, rumors of Wade vs Taker at Mania?

seX-Power

Reaction score
Would have been a good storyline if he had Nexus behind him with their full strength.

Axis

Reaction score
I do not think it is too late to count out the Nexus being behind Barrett. In fact, I think it would be a mistake for him to start over wholesale with a singles run. I wouldn't even mind if he peeled some Nexus guys away, and then took them to Smackdown with him and tried to gather a following there. Then he and Punk could have some competition over who's Nexus was doing better on which brand. That way they could both stay heel, have a feud, and would never so much as have to lay a finger on each other. And in the end, Barrett would have a small stable of maybe even just 2 - 3 guys. I believe Sheffield should be returning soon, and then the Gabriel/Slater duo could join in as well. I wouldn't want to see a full-scale Nexus invasion again on Smackdown, but if they could rally around him for Wrestlemania against Undertaker, then they could serve as a quartet working together to vie for the US Title and tag titles simultaneously, with Sheffield as the bodyguard.

fuzzy

Reaction score
i'm more of a tna fan but i admit, the whole nex thing is pretty good so far from what i've seen.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
I do not think it is too late to count out the Nexus being behind Barrett. In fact, I think it would be a mistake for him to start over wholesale with a singles run. I wouldn't even mind if he peeled some Nexus guys away, and then took them to Smackdown with him and tried to gather a following there. Then he and Punk could have some competition over who's Nexus was doing better on which brand. That way they could both stay heel, have a feud, and would never so much as have to lay a finger on each other. And in the end, Barrett would have a small stable of maybe even just 2 - 3 guys. I believe Sheffield should be returning soon, and then the Gabriel/Slater duo could join in as well. I wouldn't want to see a full-scale Nexus invasion again on Smackdown, but if they could rally around him for Wrestlemania against Undertaker, then they could serve as a quartet working together to vie for the US Title and tag titles simultaneously, with Sheffield as the bodyguard.

This.

Double J

Reaction score
Looks like Barret is going to Smackdown, wont say anymore than that to avoid spoilers (if what I read is even true)

I really like heel CM Punk, but I don't like that he's leader of Nexus. I think it's just going to be a Legacy thing all over again where the real members of Nexus just job for the benefit of Punk. At least Barret stayed as apart of Nexus for the most part, it looks odd to have the leader come out to his own music, wearing his own shirt/brand and then the rest coming out separate.

seX-Power

Reaction score
Thoughts on reports of adding a female enforcer to the Nexus?

monkeystyle

Reaction score
I have no opinion on Nexus adding a female member but I really would like to see Kong placed with Miz. I think she could add alot to his persona. So I'd rather not see her with Nexus but in truth when I read the article her name was the first that crossed my mind.

fuzzy

Reaction score
that would cool, and i agree, it should kong or some other strong female. ofcourse, it won't be, cause wwe will probly put some1 like laycool with them.

seX-Power

Reaction score
I want Kong with Lay-Cool. Have possibly the best thing to happen to the women's division in recent memory actually star in that division.