• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Nexus

fuzzy

Reaction score
why even have a nexus vs nexus? the only thing going for them i guess would be to see which is more powerfull. not much there than that....

ahorrig

Reaction score
Mexus was just a random name. I mean the name Nexus doesn't mean anything. Its just a random word. At least it isn't something awful like the "bad guys" or something like that.

1chiban

Reaction score
'Nexus' means 'connection' doesn't it? So it kind of makes sense. Plus they just wanted something beginning with 'N' to link to 'NXT'. Barrett willprobably call his group 'Genesis' or something. Would be a nice kick in TNA's teeth as well lol.

ahorrig

Reaction score
'Nexus' means 'connection' doesn't it? So it kind of makes sense. Plus they just wanted something beginning with 'N' to link to 'NXT'. Barrett willprobably call his group 'Genesis' or something. Would be a nice kick in TNA's teeth as well lol.

I found it a little annoying they couldn't wait until the second season of nxt to create nexus. I now hate NXT more than superstars. before the winner got something important. Kaval won season 2, and was fired in about 4 weeks afterwards. Season 3 winner kaitlyn hasn't appeared much. season 4 winner gets a tag title shot. that proves nxt is just getting worse.

They should've kept nxt the same, but waited until at least season 2 to spring on the biggest shocker of 2010.

ahorrig

Reaction score
I can't believe the show started like a year ago and it's already on, what, season 4? Fuck sakes, give it a rest, WWE.

Exactly. They should make it go for about half the year, to give the characters time to develop. Two seasons a year seems fine by me.

ahorrig

Reaction score
I think she meant have a season for 3 months or less, have a break of an equal amount of time, then start a new season.

I doubt WWE would take a program off the air ever. I know its on the internet, but some places get it on tv. I only get one channel for wrestling(may have something to do with the fact i live in australia) which is fox 8. I get wwe raw, sd, superstars, nxt and vintage collection(clips of old wrestling). I also get tna impact.

WWE wouldn't want to lose any air time.

1chiban

Reaction score
I found it a little annoying they couldn't wait until the second season of nxt to create nexus. I now hate NXT more than superstars. before the winner got something important. Kaval won season 2, and was fired in about 4 weeks afterwards. Season 3 winner kaitlyn hasn't appeared much. season 4 winner gets a tag title shot. that proves nxt is just getting worse.

They should've kept nxt the same, but waited until at least season 2 to spring on the biggest shocker of 2010.

Hmm... but they needed to capitalise on the fact that the first season had at least some interest, and the fact that Barrett and co were therefore fresh in fans' minds. We think of Barrett as quite a big star now, but he was just a nobody just a few months ago!

Axis

Reaction score
Ah, but Airflixx, your facts do not fit with his narrative. And so instead of changing his stance, it is far easier just to change the facts.

ahorrig

Reaction score
I just think of it this way:

Season 1 created nexus, and wade barrett, a guy who almost won the title and has a bright future
Season 2 winner was kaval, who is gone now and didn't even come close to winning the ic title.
Season 3 winner was kaitlyn, who hasnt done anything yet
season 4's winner is just going to get a tag shot, and as everyone knows, tag division is quite awful now.

can everyone see the pattern? NXT just gets worse and worse.