The News and Rumors Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

NinoBrown

Reaction score
411mania.com said:
PWInsider reports that Brock Lesnar threw a tirade backstage after the Extreme Rules PPV on Sunday. Lesnar apparently ripped apart his dressing room and went off on several WWE officials after getting upset over John Cena's PPV-closing promo.

The original plan for the match was for Cena to win but to be beaten so badly that he had to be carried out of the building, making Lesnar look stronger and making it seem as if Cena won the battle, but Lesnar won the war. Instead, Cena cut a promo to the crowd and Lesnar viewed it as Cena double crossing him.

Obviously WWE officials were able to calm him down, as he worked RAW last night and did the planned Triple H angle as a way to get him off TV for now.

Apparently Lesnar's current deal only requires him to work a minimum of two dates per month

You can take two sides here. 1) Cena is douche for changing the ending or 2) Brock is being a baby.

And what's this two dates per month garbage?

...god...

Reaction score
Not really, Cena's a douche who refuses to look weak but that was also a mega overreaction from Brock. Funny cus we were just talking about that, same thing with them making Sheamus refuse to tap out. Cena sticking around in the end pretty much hurt Raw for me big time, once again he misleads everyone to thinking he's leaving and he stays? Seriously, fuck this guy. Yeah he works hard blah blah, doesn't mean he can't still be detrimental to the product they're putting on TV.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Brock is probably overreacting a bit, but I'd be pissed too if the match was meant to be booked that way and he ended up talking and acting like it wasn't a big deal other than holding his arm. He pretty much should have sold death the way Taker did at last year's Mania.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
We're being worked... none of this is legit, lmfao.

...god...

Reaction score
I considered it, I thought it was legit but just exaggerated it.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
The events might be legit, but there's no way Brock didn't know Cena was going to do that and there's no way Brock was flipping shit backstage without being asked to do so. It's funny because on Raw they worked everyone with this shit like they intended for it to leak after Raw like it did instead of before Raw like it would have had it all been legit.

Just a triple work. Working the competitors, working the boys in the back, working the beat-writers/fans...

...god...

Reaction score
PWI doesn't really report works, btw. They don't affiliate with WWE in any way. Regardless, that hurt the ending badly for me, I responded to someone else who tried to say it didn't change anything...

It didn't hurt or change anything? That is asinine. It changed a lot and hurt Lesnar, which you aren't understanding even though countless people have stated why. There's a huge difference between Cena ending the PPV standing up and cutting a promo while Lesnar quitely walks away, and having Cena being stretchered out with Lesnar being dominate to close the PPV. If you can't see that, you're simply oblivious (or a blind Cena fan, idk) because the greatest example is Trips and Taker at WM 27. If Taker woulda gotten up after that and said 'durrr I'm so beat up and exhausted what a battle we had' as Triple H quitely limped away, it would have been Blue and completely made the next match pointless because Triple H would have looked like SHIT compared to Taker. The whole idea was that Taker got stretchered out and Triple H walked out on his own will which made him look strong, the SAME idea should have been used with Lesnar ESPECIALLY given his destroyer type character over the past couple weeks. Why would a guy who cares for nothing and nobody just walk away after losing to Cena whom is standing there TALKING after getting the beating of his life? And do say something stupid like because he was humbled and accepted defeat from him. Obviously this is assuming the report is true. And the PPV was still good, the ending was just a fucktarded moment.

Reaction score
I'm apathetic to the end now as Cena will be working against Ace at OTL, if they had booked Cena as leaving, even for a couple of weeks, the ending would have been good.

But I really, really think it's a work. PWI isn't affiliated with the WWE? Of course they aren't, there isn't a dirt sheet that is. Plus Meltz reported on Punk not resigning last summer and on the Bryan-tie choke incident. They've been worked before and they could be worked again.

Airfixx

Reaction score
All smells waaaay too much like WCW to me.

We're being worked... none of this is legit, lmfao.

Indeed.

Legit or not though... More shitty writting/booking at play to keep Cena looking like d'man.... And ANOTHER bullshit "Cena's gone" angle.

Still, looks like Brock will be laying down for HHH at Summerslam now too in a re-hash of his fued with Nash. :roll:

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
All smells waaaay too much like WCW to me.

Indeed.

Legit or not though... More shitty writting/booking at play to keep Cena looking like d'man.... And ANOTHER bullshit "Cena's gone" angle.

Still, looks like Brock will be laying down for HHH at Summerslam now too in a re-hash of his fued with Nash. :roll:
That, AND they gave Punk's storyline with Ace to Cena...

...god...

Reaction score
Source=SLAM Wrestling

Scott Steiner has never been afraid to speak his mind.

So when the former WCW Champion parted ways with TNA in March, he wasted little time letting loose on his former employer, namely the three men in charge of the ship: Hulk Hogan, Eric Bischoff and Bruce Prichard.

"These guys are just real pieces of s---, man," Steiner told SLAM! Wrestling. "They just screw with everybody and I got sick of it. I just said f--- it. I'm not going to stand on the sinking ship like I did with WCW and watch all this bulls--- that they did before, I'm watching it again."

Now as Steiner prepares for his HPW Canadian Heavyweight Championship match Saturday against Jeremy Prophet at the Smiths Falls Memorial Community Center in Smiths Falls, Ontario, he is looking to become the voice of the voiceless -- namely the talent currently in TNA who can't speak out about what he feels the company has become under Hogan, Bischoff and Prichard.

"Enough's enough," Steiner said. "I was going nuts, man. They treat everybody like s---, disrespect everybody and I had to get out of there. Now I can have a voice for those guys who are still there and tell the truth about them and hopefully people will start realizing what's really going on there. They have buffaloed everybody. They're like con artists, and they're good at it, but the ratings do not lie. Wrestling's always been about ratings, so why aren't they important now?"

Steiner's referring to TNA's declining ratings, which have tumbled below the 1.0 mark some weeks when the shows had been doing regular 1.2 ratings in the past. As someone who was with TNA prior to January 2010, when Hogan and Bischoff came in, Steiner said he is sad to see them run off the audience they worked hard to create.

"Once you run these people off, it's going to take forever (to get them back)," he said. "They don't understand that, but I've seen it. Once you piss these fans off, then it's too late. It's really close to that point. Look at the ratings for the last TV before (Lockdown). It was horrible. It was abysmal. Are you kidding me? What's going to cause panic in these people? ... These guys have a track record, man. They ran WCW into the ground. You don't think they're going to do the same to TNA?"

TNA declined to make Bischoff available for this story.

"The embarrassing thing is they've been there for almost two-and-a-half years now and they did this pay-per-view in Nashville, where TNA is based out of, and they gave a bunch of free tickets away and they could only get 2,500-3,000 people," Steiner said. "That's an embarrassment. If they aren't freaking out, if they aren't panicking, what's going to make them panic? It's not like Hogan and Bischoff, after two-and-a-half years, are going to grow a brain. I've see these guys operate before. Hogan thinks he's bigger than the sport, and if that was true, he'd be able to draw a rating, but he can't. He can't draw a rating. Sure, if you mention wrestling, the name Hulk Hogan comes up, but put him in the ring and he's not going to draw you s---. He thinks he's bigger than the sport but he's not. And he still thinks that and that's why the ratings are down. No matter what he does, if he gets a rating, he will never bring TNA back. He's an old piece of s---, man."

Steiner wants to make one thing very clear: He does not hate TNA. In fact, he wants TNA to succeed. There's no doubt professional wrestling was at its best in the mid-to-late 1990s when the WWF was running neck-and-neck with WCW with ECW making waves as well.

"I wish TNA would work," he said. "Two wrestling organizations is good for wrestling. I wish it would work, but with those guys in charge, there's no way. I've seen their history and it's not going to happen."

Talent not allowed to speak with Carter

One of the biggest problems the company has right now, Steiner says, is how Hogan, Bischoff and Prichard have sealed off any access the talent had to TNA president Dixie Carter.

"They've created a barrier to Dixie," Steiner said. "Nobody can talk to Dixie anymore. You have to go talk to Bruce Prichard. Nobody likes him. I can't find a handful that likes Bruce Prichard. He's always been like a gopher boy when I was up in the WWF. That's what he was. Nobody wants to go talk to him. So they've created the barrier so you can't talk to Dixie and tell her what you really think, you have to go through them. But nobody wants to talk to Bruce Prichard.

"She doesn't really know what's going on. So if you try to call Dixie, try to contact her, you get reprimanded, you get in trouble. They try to wall her off. I don't understand how she can turn her back on the guys who built the company up to the ratings that they were and these guys come in and bury the ratings, take TNA to an all-time low and she's listening to these guys? It's crazy. It's crazy. That's the only way I can put it. It's unbelievable. You can ask anybody who's been there. You haven't heard one denial of what I've been saying from those guys, because they can't deny it."

Repeating history?

Scott Steiner salutes the Montreal audience. Photo by Minas Panagiotakis, Montreal Photographer 1
Of late, one of the biggest points of contention is the push of Bischoff's son Garett, who has received considerable amounts of TV time despite extremely limited experience, something Steiner calls "insulting."

"Bischoff comes in and tries to push his stupid-ass son who's only had 10 matches. I mean, come on man. The guy can't even throw a clothesline," Steiner said.

"It's not insulting just to me, it's insulting to everybody in that locker room. It's bulls--- because the guy cannot wrestle. He's had less than 10 matches, but the thing is, I've seen this before. It happened in WCW when he tried to push (Ric) Flair's son and he was just as bad. He had just as much experience and couldn't do anything. Where's David Flair at today? Nowhere. And it's going to be the same thing. It's ridiculous. How can you keep on repeating bad history? Dumb motherf------."

Many thought TNA would be set in the right direction when long-time head writer Vince Russo lost power late last year and then left the company in February. According to Steiner, Russo wasn't the problem, but was made a scapegoat in the minds of many for the company's struggles.

"Think about it. He was definitely the scapegoat," Steiner said. "He was trying to write his stories and Bischoff, Hogan and Prichard were changing everything. You think Russo would be pushing (Garett Bischoff) right now? Come on, give me a break. He was definitely a scapegoat. I don't blame him for leaving."

Disrespectful burials

Steiner also had strong words for Hogan after Hogan, in Steiner's eyes, continually buried TNA talent during radio interviews, including memorable interviews slamming both A.J. Styles and Bobby Roode in the lead to Bound For Glory. But one particular incident stuck in Steiner's craw more than any other: When Hogan slammed Kurt Angle during a September interview on Sirius/XM Radio's "Busted Open," claiming, among other things, that Angle's former wife Karen didn't allow Angle to drive their children because he was such a poor driver.

"I think the one that pissed me off the most is when he attacked Kurt Angle, not only professionally, but he did it personally," Steiner said. "The craziest thing is he said Kurt Angle has two left feet. I mean, come on. The guy's an Olympic champion, are you kidding me? Then he crossed the line and attacked Angle's family personally. I know his kids, they're great, they're beautiful kids. Of course, Karen (Jarrett) ripped him a new a--hole and all he could say was, 'Oh, I'm sorry, I got tongue-tied.' Tongue-tied? Are you crazy? That's the thing, Hogan is like a pull-string doll. You pull the string and if he isn't saying, "Take your vitamins and say your prayers,' or 'Brother, brother, brother' or 'Whatchu gonna do?' he sounds like a complete idiot.

"After Karen did that and ripped him, everyone thought Kurt was going to kick his ass. So I'm actually in the locker room. It's me, Sting and Kurt and Hogan comes in and his hands are shaking worse than a Parkinson's patient feeding birds at the park. He's standing by the door and he won't come in. Like he's going to run from Kurt. He must've asked Kurt like five times, 'Hey, are we cool?' Kurt's blowing him off because Kurt's so laid back. He doesn't really give a s--- what Hogan says. I asked him after and we all started laughing, like 'What a f------ c---.' He has the balls to say that on the radio and he's scared, his tail goes between his legs and he walks away. It was laughable. But that's Hogan."

What ultimately irks Steiner is the fact that, as he said, he's seen this in action before when WCW took a steep decline and was eventually sold to Vince McMahon in 2001. Steiner would very much like to have a positive attitude about TNA, a company he spent five years of his career with, but it's far too difficult to do so.

"There's nothing positive to say about TNA. I'm not being negative. It's the truth," he said.
lol

This Guy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Press release: TNA library of PPV events on Youtube
» Reported by Roy Nemer of Wrestleview.com
» On May 8, 2012 at 12:28 pm
TNA issued the following press release earlier today:

TNA's Library Of Archived PPV Events Is Now Available Online On YouTube

TNA Wrestling's library of archived Pay-Per-View events is now available to watch online at our official YouTube channel at YouTube.com/TNAwrestling

The library features nearly every three-hour Pay-Per-View event since 2004, including the acclaimed 2005 "Unbreakable" featuring AJ Styles vs. Samoa Joe vs. Christopher Daniels, the popular Destination X events spotlighting the high-flying X Division superstars, the 2010 "Hardcore Justice" extreme reunion, plus the annual Bound For Glory, Lockdown and Slammiversary spectaculars and much more!

Monthly Pay-Per-View events from 2004-2010 are currently online (2012 and 2011 PPVs will be added shortly, as well as our entire catalogue of Superstar and Compilation DVD releases)

TNA Wrestling is an original YouTube content partner since 2006, with nearly 500 million total video views - more than WWE, UFC, ESPN, MLB, NHL, Marvel, NBC, CNN, FOX Sports and History Channel.

Each TNA Pay-Per-View event on YouTube is high-quality and viewable for up to one week at your convenience for just 99 cents each.

TNA Wrestling archives are also available online at TNAOnDemand.com, including live streaming of our monthly Pay-Per-View events around the world! Register now at TNAOnDemand.com to watch the upcoming "Sacrifice" and "Slammiversary" events!

Get more TNA Wrestling programming online at:

TNAOnDemand.com
Xbox Live Marketplace
iTunes Marketplace
Sony Playstation
and coming soon to Netflix and Hulu

Dumb..... .99 cents? I love how TNA continues to devalue their product.