The News and Rumors Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
I don't like worms, sorry.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
Wahlberg%20Rock%20Filming_4_24_12_04.jpg

Are those zubaz pants?

And kinda knew Rock was juicing. I remember when Cena did his rap on the concert night, mentioning his chest and he seriously has breasts, those aren't pecs.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Ehh, I can believe Rock is juicing, but if you watch his workout videos, it's kinda hard to deny that it's natural muscle. You can see his size progress from the 2008 pic Enzo posted through 2010 when he was filming for Fast 5... dude is just ripped. I mean, by the same account, Cena is clearly juicing...

As far as the Edge thing, I wonder if that's why he said in his promo that he was only under contract a few more days. When you talk about putting your body on the line and giving it all that you've got, blood, sweat, and tears... how is Edge not one of the top 5-10 guys that come to mind? Shame, because from what I've heard, the E just banked with his DVD and it's expected to continue high sales. Shameful. And while I get paying Brock/Rock the kinda money you give them, and for Austin to be happy with the kinda money he makes... how is Edge not paid?

Truth be told, I hope they find a way to give us Edge as a GM at some point, though I think they're happy with Ace... but I don't see a reason for him to continue business with the company now.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
As to whether Rock is juicing or not you'd have to know how much weight he's put on and how much he's converted to muscle.

That said, he's on the gas imo.

...god...

Reaction score
Are those zubaz pants?

And kinda knew Rock was juicing. I remember when Cena did his rap on the concert night, mentioning his chest and he seriously has breasts, those aren't pecs.
Don't think you understood that joke, because it was referring to the late 90's where Rock actually had that surgery done because he pretty much had boobs from his genes/just the way his body distributed the fat when he cut. Hence why he was always wearing his t-shirt for a little while when he first became The Rock til he recovered from the surgery.

Sad for Edge if he's making a lot less, but it doesn't say.

and rofl, JUST ROFL at Rock juicing. Rock has ALWAYS been big, even in 2008, he was big. He has good genes so he can gain easily, and no offense, I don't think anyone here has pretty much any experience of good dieting and gaining muscle (i.e. body building). If you read the shit that guy says, he's ridiculously motivated, always hits the gym in the morning and does his routine and has been known to keep a perfect diet (all the other celebrities who are looking to gain get advice from him). Not to mention he has all the time in the world especially between 08-09 to just diet and lift, pretty much his job-which is the hardest part about gaining and maintaining, you have no time to work out due to jobs, hence many wrestlers use/used steroids in the first place. So please, don't say dumb things like HE HAS to be juicing and anyone who believes otherwise is in denial because it's VERY, very plausible that he gained what, 30-40 lbs in 1-2 years? Lol... And like Luke said, on that logic Cena would be juicing too (not that I believe so). The guy who has no time to work-out because he's on the road most of the time yet he still keeps his body almost exactly the same, maintains the same weight, AND IS AS BIG AS ROCK.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Rey Mysterio suspended 60 days for his second wellness violation...

First time he didn't turn in his prescription for his knee meds... and he's out with his knee this time... May is now outta the question... late July/early August is now the earliest he can return, unless he's cleared now and they start the suspension today.

Reaction score
and rofl, JUST ROFL at Rock juicing. Rock has ALWAYS been big, even in 2008, he was big. He has good genes so he can gain easily, and no offense, I don't think anyone here has pretty much any experience of good dieting and gaining muscle (i.e. body building). If you read the shit that guy says, he's ridiculously motivated, always hits the gym in the morning and does his routine and has been known to keep a perfect diet (all the other celebrities who are looking to gain get advice from him). Not to mention he has all the time in the world especially between 08-09 to just diet and lift, pretty much his job-which is the hardest part about gaining and maintaining, you have no time to work out due to jobs, hence many wrestlers use/used steroids in the first place. So please, don't say dumb things like HE HAS to be juicing and anyone who believes otherwise is in denial because it's VERY, very plausible that he gained what, 30-40 lbs in 1-2 years? Lol... And like Luke said, on that logic Cena would be juicing too (not that I believe so). The guy who has no time to work-out because he's on the road most of the time yet he still keeps his body almost exactly the same, maintains the same weight, AND IS AS BIG AS ROCK.

You're in denial. ROFL because you're his biggest eater, sweetie. "Rocky's always been big." Yes he has, but he's never given Steiner a run for his money in the "completely jacked" department. Dude was pretty gassed as well about 15 minutes into his match and I'd say he's the reason it was a slower paced match than it should have been.

And by your and Luke's shared logic, Lesnar should look closer to 2002 Lesnar than he does now. Dude was training as hard, if not harder than Rocky in nearly the same time period. Ya know, real athletes that are drug tested have to work hard at that shit. Dude didn't win the UFC title or make an NFL practice squad by mistake and PEDs. Both the NFL and UFC have some of the most stringent drug testing policies in all of sports. Lesnar never looked anything in the UFC as he did wrestling. Why? Lack of juice I'd logically speculate.

And your hero Angle wouldn't look as broken down and as average as he does now if he didn't get off the shit for Olympic testing.

Cena takes piss tests and has a history of pissing clean in his all clean body building contests he was in before he started wrestling. Rocky doesn't have that kind of history. He was a bulky big, then got smaller and a bit more defined by the time he called it quits in 03, well before the post-Benoit era. We can go back and forth on this, but I's is tellin you, if Dwayne pissed for us, while you gladly watched, it's hotter than microwaved Ramen sweetie. I wouldn't be surprised if Cena pissed hot, but I'd be shocked if Rocky didn't.

You don't get suspended from movies for using PEDs and I would bet fucking dollars to pesos Rock doesn't have to drop trow for Vince and Co. Dude isn't contracted as a full time talent, doesn't have to adhere to company policy the way the wrestlers do.

AND (for shits and giggles)

JRAW-1099.jpg

Rock in '99, "big", not jacked.

RockChrisJerichowwe.com_display_image.jpg

Rock in 01, noticeably thinner and more defined.

2h3dcgw.jpg

Rock in 04, fucking thin.

Mark+Wahlberg+Dwayne+Rock+Johnson+Anthony+omVG0QERrbfl.jpg

Rock, today, bigger and more ripped than he's ever been, older than he's ever been.

Just like you sympathize for and defend Kurt Angle, because you are a mark for him, it's hard for you to rationalize the reality that the guy is more than likely juicing. I know you're a fit cat my friend, but you're no more qualified to speculate the guy being clean as I am to claim he's juicing. Especially when the logic you are applying is faulty considering Lesnar and Angle were both training as hard, if not harder, for legitimate sports.

...god...

Reaction score
You're in denial. ROFL because you're his biggest eater, sweetie. "Rocky's always been big." Yes he has, but he's never given Steiner a run for his money in the "completely jacked" department. Dude was pretty gassed as well about 15 minutes into his match and I'd say he's the reason it was a slower paced match than it should have been.

Just like you sympathize for and defend Kurt Angle, because you are a mark for him, it's hard for you to rationalize the reality that the guy is more than likely juicing. I know you're a fit cat my friend, but you're no more qualified to speculate the guy being clean as I am to claim he's juicing. Especially when the logic you are applying is faulty considering Lesnar and Angle were both training as hard, if not harder, for legitimate sports.

And your hero Angle wouldn't look as broken down and as average as he does now if he didn't get off the shit for Olympic testing.
I figured you'd say something like this, but then why would I not think Cena's on roids?

Dude I sympathize and RESPECT Kurt, but I know he's got some mental issues. And his body didn't look broken down at all, it's more like he cut a shitload of weight doing lots of cardio. There's a HUGE difference between training for the olympics and pro wrestling. It looked shit in wrestling, yeah, but people in the olympics don't exactly have huge bulky, professional wrestling-esque bodies if you look at em. Btw, on your previous comment a couple months ago that he wasn't going to make the team, the coach actually spoke out and had told him straight out that he can do it. And the difference in our statements is that I wasn't assuming and pinpointing something as fact, I said that it's not CERTAIN at all that he's juicing.

And by your and Luke's shared logic, Lesnar should look closer to 2002 Lesnar than he does now. Dude was training as hard, if not harder than Rocky in nearly the same time period. Ya know, real athletes that are drug tested have to work hard at that shit. Dude didn't win the UFC title or make an NFL practice squad by mistake and PEDs. Both the NFL and UFC have some of the most stringent drug testing policies in all of sports. Lesnar never looked anything in the UFC as he did wrestling. Why? Lack of juice I'd logically speculate.
Um, not at all, first of all, Lesnar was HUGE when he came into UFC. He is shorter than Rock and weighed MORE. So how was he not big? Not to mention he has a shit diet (which is noticeable because he has a lot more fat than Rock did/does), he's admitted, but the guy trains like a fucking monster and has great genetics. And now, he's been plagued by a disease and what not and probably seems he doesn't care and doesn't need to get ripped again. But yeah, the latter, also because he was definitely roiding back in 02, but I never debated or refuted that's, how it's relevant?

Rock, today, bigger and more ripped than he's ever been, older than he's ever been.
Yeah but, look at that 04 picture again and then the next one. His body type is almost exactly the same, especially his arms are just a little larger and muscular. When you juice it usually alters your genetic disposition, things such as his shoulders would become MASSIVE (think HHH in 02). I just don't think he's that big, certainly not as freakish as Steiner who keep in mind probably weighs as much or more than Rock and is shorter, to where he needs to be juicing especially considering his body type and the amount of time he's had.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
I think the real question here is can you get to the Rock's physique at 39 when he looked that small in 2004, without a little "help"? I was gonna compare and contrast with Triple H, since they're roughfully the same size (H is an inch shorter), but he's always been bigger than The Rock.

And has for Mysterio, Rey needs to get off the juice. That or just retire, how many knee surgeries has he had now, 9?

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Enzo, you're saying Brock looks like shit because he was tested in UFC and had to hop off the roids?

Diverticulitis, two severe bouts, where the guy could hardly drink water without causing damage to himself.. Brock lost 80 lbs the first stint, gained 60 mandatory fat lbs for rehab, lost another 80 lbs his second stint and had to gain another 70 mandatory fat lbs after having his colon damn near removed completely. His diet has changed, his entire way of life has changed. It's miraculous he's even as sloppy big as he is now...

...but Brock WAS on roids, I won't argue that.

But like I said, just watch The Rock lift. This guy works out TWICE A DAY doing shit even Cena would have to respect... it's not impossible with the right dietary regimen and lifting as much as Rock does to get that kind of physique. And as G1 said, Rock's body is built to get jacked... while you focus on the mass in comparison to older pics... take a look at the fact that he still looks long and not stocky like a juicer would look? Could he be using it? Sure. Would I be surprised? No. But it's not impossible to look like that naturally.

The_Shaman

Reaction score
Considering that the rock has a lot more time to work out and probably uses the best machines and protein powders, It is not unrealistic that he could get that big without steroids

Reaction score
This is where I'll leave this (btw, very good point Luke, I totally forgot about his near death bout with mono): Rock has admitted to juicing in "college", but for me to think he didn't juice in one of the biggest steroid cultures known would be totally naive and to think he isn't juicing for Hollywood...well there's legs to stand on my conjecturing. If you polled 10 Americans, 9 out of 10 would probably feel the same way. I'm not saying because a majority feels the same way that I'm right, I'm just saying that history and common sense have shown that if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck and waddles like a duck, its a motherfucking duck.

And don't get me started on Angle, dude has been linked to the Dr that was distributing to Rey and Eddy, was linked to HGH as recently as 09 and so on. Yeah, I know he was using them for his injuries, doesn't change the likelihood he wasn't abusing them either.