The News and Rumors Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Should just make this a running thread, along with a Raw and Smackdown thread. Sticky 'em and keep 'em going.

First bit of news...

The Legend's House cast has been announced.

Roddy Piper, Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Tony Atlas, Jimmy Hart, Hillbilly Jim, Pat Patterson, Howard Finkel, and Gene Okerlund.

Sounds like it's going to be boring as fuck as everyone sans Piper has the personality of a wet diaper. Replace Hillbilly Jim with Iron Sheik and have Sheiky Baby bunk with Pat Patterson and you have the greatest tv show ever.

Rell

Reaction score
Don't feel like going back to Rajah and copy/pasting but apparently Ring of Honor prevented WWE from signing both Jay and Mark Briscoe, as well as Adam Cole. They're bind by contractual obligations with the Sinclair network...or something

Hopefully something gets worked out. I haven't followed indy wrestling in forever so I have absolutely no idea who Adam Cole is, but hell fuckin yes @ the Briscoe Bros. in WWE

they don't need much of a character change. Maybe tone up the hillbillyism a bit. They're bad on the mic, but in a goofy sort of fun way.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
I second that.

This Guy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
You guys are joking right? If the Brisco's come to the WWE, they will get repackaged as Gearld & Jack Brisco's sons, and they will get the gimmick of car mechanics promoting the Brisco Brothers Body Shop. They will both be super goofy as the attitude era fans will remember Gearld to be.

Rell

Reaction score
well what the fuck happened? all the internet knows is what the internet reads "news" sites. if we're misinformed, how about missing teethed smurfs inform us?

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
My guess is WWE inquired about it and their contracts aren't up yet...

Reaction score
You guys are joking right? If the Brisco's come to the WWE, they will get repackaged as Gearld & Jack Brisco's sons, and they will get the gimmick of car mechanics promoting the Brisco Brothers Body Shop. They will both be super goofy as the attitude era fans will remember Gearld to be.

Daniel Bryan and CM Punk say hi and flick their noses at such a silly notion while they polish the top two belts in the company. The worst thing that will happen is they will get renamed something like The Applessed Bros. Other than the bad names they give indy guys, they've been fair in how they treat them and book them. Seth Rollins has fared well in FCW as well.

And I was about to say RoH hasn't prevented WWE from signing their guys in the past, why would they start now?

Reaction score
They have. And then they were hurting for a bit where they couldn't afford Austin Aires' travel and didn't have him on shows. RoH doesn't pay great, it may be the top paying indy but it isn't TNA or WWE money. RoH knows this, the workers know it so they've let guys out of commitments to get a shot at the big leagues. That's a classy thing to do.

Rell

Reaction score
Daniel Bryan and CM Punk say hi and flick their noses at such a silly notion while they polish the top two belts in the company. The worst thing that will happen is they will get renamed something like The Applessed Bros. Other than the bad names they give indy guys, they've been fair in how they treat them and book them. Seth Rollins has fared well in FCW as well.

And I was about to say RoH hasn't prevented WWE from signing their guys in the past, why would they start now?

ROH talent is now required to sign contracts due to the Sinclair tv deal, so yeah. They never really prevented anyone from leaving in the past, but the circumstances were kinda different.

Reaction score
Some details on Lesnar and Rock's deals with the company:

The Observer said:
After signing Brock Lesnar to a one-year deal, it's also believed that WWE signed The Rock to another one-year deal that will carry through WrestleMania 29 next year.

With Lesnar and The Rock headlining next year and the history of the New York market, it's possible that WrestleMania 29 will be an immediate sellout - something that WWE hasn't done since 2007.

Regarding Lesnar's deal, it's said that Vince McMahon was agreeable on the money side but the number of dates that Lesnar would be working was an issue. Both sides ended up giving a little and Lesnar will be appearing for between 30 and 40 dates leading up to WrestleMania 29.

Reaction score
Wahlberg%20Rock%20Filming_4_24_12_04.jpg

If you don't think the Rock's juicin or hasn't been jucing, you're in friggin denial.

hof3rockgrandma.jpg

Ole boy in 2008. Srsly. JUICED.

Reaction score
PWInsider said:
Edge was at Raw last night to negotiate his "legends deal". The reports are that Edge is being lowballed. Michaels is currently making 300,000 a year under his contract. They offer they made Edge was nowhere near that.

Barrett is scheduled to not return form injury till around Summerslam.

Some various news bits. Sucks for Barrett, he will ahve lost his spot by the time he returns.

The Edge situation, if true is sad considering all he did for them and they probably bent over backwards for Jericho who, in all fairness, hasn't been to the WWE what Edge has been. I don't think he should be making anywhere near as much as HBK, but the 100-150k area should be whats fair. I'm hoping he's not over valuing himself though.