The Dragon Gate USA Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Yeah I'm doing the Friday NYC show and the Sunday New Jersey show. I'd do Philly on Saturday but I drove down there last Friday for ROH and I'm not anxious to do that drive again and plus I did WSU last Saturday. The wallet has taken a hit.

Who do I like in DGUSA? I'm a big fan of BxB Hulk and YAMATO but of course you can't go wrong with CIMA or Shingo either.

Reaction score
Tomorrow's NYC card....

Open The Freedom Gate Title Match
BxB Hulk defends vs. YAMATO

Open The United Gate Title Tournament Match
CIMA & Dragon Kid vs. Masato Yoshino & PAC

Open The United Gate Title Tournament Match
Naruki Doi & Ricochet vs. Chuck Taylor & Johnny Gargano

Grudge Match #1
Austin Aries vs. Rich Swann

Grudge Match #2
Jigsaw vs. Jon Moxley

Special Challenge Match
Jimmy Jacobs vs. Brodie Lee

Special Attraction Match
Akira Tozawa vs. Sami Callihan

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
So when does the Jimmy Jacobs march for the Freedom Gate title that he mentioned on the 10/29 show start again?

Probably gonna order Freedom Fight this weekend. :D

Reaction score
He might get that during the Mania weekend. I did the NYC show last night and thought for the most part the show was outstanding, plenty of good action.

Reaction score
Dragon Gate USA is an outstanding promotion and more people need to take notice. I saw two shows this past weekend, NYC and NJ, and was thoroughly entertained. Happy I bought the front row tickets in advance.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Yeah, DGUSA kicks all sorts of monkey butt. YAMATO winning the title's interesting, since I thought Hulk was going to hold it till the WM shows and drop it to Jacobs/One of Ronin. Speaking of Ronin, why does Chuck keep talking about wanting to go to Japan? I for one think it's just silly, and makes the promotion look minor league to talk about how DG Japan is where the big boys are at. That's like telling the viewers, yeah DGUSA's cool, but if you wanna see the big time, check out Japan. It's a small thing, but still.

Anyway, seemingly excellent shows again from the promotion and I agree, this company's on fire.

Reaction score
Thoughts on Yoshino and PAC becoming the first tag champs for DG USA? I was thrilled to be there live for that one.

Montana

Reaction score
Damn, i'm a little behind...Hulk lost the belt to Yamato?!? That is a bit surprising. I thought they would give HUlk a little longer of a run. Yoshino and Pac will make nice champs. The wrestling DG is outstanding, however it's tough for me to get involved in the company with the lack of exposure, and americanized storylines. Hopefully they come to Detroit in 2011. They were awesome last year in Canada.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Yoshino's awesome, PAC has a place doing cool moves, and can at least speak English. Yoshino needs to get rid of that weak arm Gogoplata thing as his finish though. Lightning Spiral's way better. Anyway, they're starting to build more titles which is good, as it means DGUSA's at least stable. In 2 years they're comparable to ROH's iPPV buys already.

1 thing i'd like to see them do. (Since they don't do this in DGJapan) is bring in some women's wrestlers, along with Joshi wrestlers, and create a women's title. There's tons of Joshis on the Japanese indies that i'm sure they could snap up and make the trip, and add another level of uniqueness to DGUSA's shows besides just singles and tags and six-men. If they get three titles they might not have to bring in DGJapan's titles too.

Reaction score
I'd consider doing their NC show but I already have commitments that weekend. Their NYC June show should be a dandy.

Montana

Reaction score
This Weekends IPPV's!

Revolt! Friday November 11 in Revere, MA
:
* No DQ, No Ropes: YAMATO vs. BxB Hulk
* Fray featuring Sabu, PAC, Ricochet, Rich Swann, AR Fox, Uhaa Nation - Rumble style entrances, eliminations by pin, submission, etc.
* Masato Yoshino​ vs. Akira Tozawa
* Sami Callihan​ vs. Jon Davis
Chuck Taylor & Johnny Gargano vs. CIMA & Brodie Lee
* D.U.F.'S Arik Cannon & Pinkie Sanchez vs. The Scene, Scott Reed & Caleb Konley;

The pre-show in Revere presented by Top Rope Productions will feature Ryan Waters vs. Brandon Webb, Jason Blade vs. Matt Tavern and Lexus vs. Luscious Latasha.

Bushido 2011 Saturday November 12 at the ECW Arena in Philadelphia:
* Open The Freedom Gate champion YAMATO vs. Chuck Taylor
* Open The United Gate Title Match CIMA & Ricochet vs. Sami Callihan & Arik Cannon
* Johnny Gargano vs. BxB Hulk
* Sabu vs. Pinky Sanchez in a South Philly Streetfight.
* Rich Swann vs. Akira Tozawa
* Masato Yoshino vs. AR Fox
* PAC vs. Brodie Lee

Freedom Fight 2011 Sunday November 13 at BB Kings in New York City:
* DGUSA champion YAMATO vs. Johnny Gargano
* PAC vs. Ricochet
* CIMA vs. Masato Yoshino
* Extreme Warfare: Sabu & AR Fox & Jon Davis vs. Sami Callihan & Arik Cannon & Pinkie Sanchez
* Chuck Taylor & Rich Swann vs. Akira Tozawa & BxB Hulk
* BJ Whitmer vs. Brodie Lee

The pre-show in NYC presented by New York Wrestling Connection will feature NYWC Fusion Champion Stockade vs. Tony Nese vs. MC Kenny Royal, Dmitrious Papadon vs. Alex Reynolds.