The Dragon Gate USA Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Montana

Reaction score
Dragon Gate USA
"Untouchable 2010" PPV Taping
September 25th, 2010
Meet & Greet and Bonus Card at 6:00pm
8:00pm Belltime
The Congress Theater
2135 N. Milwaukee Ave, Chicago, IL

Tickets now available in the DGUSA.tv Store or by calling 267-519-9744. Make sure to check out our sale priced Tix Packs for big savings. These offers are only good until September 22nd and won't be available on the night of the show at the door.

Non-PPV Main Event

Bryan Danielson vs. YAMATO

Bryan Danielson will be available for autographs!!!

Grudge Match #1
Dragon Kid vs. Shingo

Tag Team Challenge Match

Masato Yoshino & Naruki Doi vs. Mike Quackenbush & Jigsaw

Non-Title

Open The Freedom Gate Champion BxB Hulk vs. Akira Tozawa

Grudge Match #2

Jimmy Jacobs vs. Jon Moxley

Warriors International Challenge

CIMA vs. Ricochet

Plus more to be signed with:
-Johnny Gargano
-Chuck Taylor
-Gran Akuma
-Drake Younger
-Brodie Lee
-Samuray Del Sol

Bonus Card (6:30pm Belltime for Golden Circle & stage ticket holders)

Main Event
Kyle O'Reilly vs. Arik Cannon
Six Man Tag Team Attraction
Da Soul Touchaz vs. 3 wrestlers selected from Tryout/Seminar
==================================================[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]mber 26th - 2pm Belltime
The Miramar Theatre
2844 N. Oakland Av
nfo on the building.
The Main Event - Dragon Gate Style Six Man Match

BxB Hulk, Masato Yoshino & Naruki Doi
vs.
Shingo, YAMATO & Akira Tozawa

Special Challenge Match

Bryan Danielson vs. Jon Moxley

Special Attraction Match

Dragon Kid vs. Mike Quackenbush

The Final Chapter - CHIKARA Sekigun vs. Kamikaze USA

Jigsaw vs. Gran Akuma

Warriors International Challenge
CIMA vs. Chuck Taylor

Grudge Match
Drake Younger vs. Johnny Gargano

Plus more to be signed with:
-Jimmy Jacobs
-Jigsaw
-Arik Cannon
-Brodie Lee
-Kyle O'Reilly
-Plus more!!!

[/FONT]

Montana

Reaction score
Before they opened [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]the [COLOR=blue !important]doors[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR], Gabe Sapolsky came out and explained to everyone that their ring wouldn't be arriving as scheduled as the owner of the ring they had rented had been assaulted the night before outside a club and couldn't make it. He told everyone they were working on getting another ring and if they couldn't, the [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]wrestlers[/COLOR][/COLOR] would still put on a show but without the ring. Eventually, a ring was found so the show started but was delayed a bit.

Bonus Match for Golden Ringside Ticketholders:

-Aeroform defeated Zero Gravity. Flip Kendrick got the pin with a twisting moonsault.

Official Card:

-CIMA pinned Chuck Taylor with double knees from the top. A fun
[COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]comedy[/COLOR][/COLOR] match with some good action. Johnny Gargano came out and begged for a spot in Warriors One. Drake Younger attacked Gargano, which kicked off their match...

-Johnny Gargano pinned Drake Younger after nailing his finisher twice in a good brawl.

-Brodie Lee won a Six Way, defeating Mike Quackenbush, Rich Swann, Jimmy Jacobs, Kyle O'Reily and Silas Young after he killed Swann with a boot to the face. Crazy action!

-Dragon Kid pinned Arik Cannon with a Crucifix Bomb. OK. A decent match with Cannon holding his own.

-Ricochet pinned Gran Akuma with a 680 splash, Good but not a smooth match.

-Bryan Danielson forced Jon Moxley to tap out with the LeBell Lock after head stomps. Great match! Dragon offers Moxley his hand after but Moxley and
[COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]Akuma[/COLOR][/COLOR] attack him. Jimmy Jacobs made the save. Danielson cut a promo after putting over Jacobs and Dragon Gate USA. No United States championship belt. Danielson bled during the match and joked during his promo afterward that he "might get fired" for it.

Montana

Reaction score
These cards are shaping up nicely....The 29th will be a big PPV. It will be cool to see Aries in DGUSA.

Dragon Gate USA
"Bushido: Code of the Warrior"
October 29th, 2010
Meet & Greet and Bonus Match 6:00pm
Belltime 8:00pm
PAL Hall
31 Franklin Street
Fall River, MA

Tickets are now available in the DGUSA.tv Store or by calling 267-519-9744. All 2nd & 3rd row Golden Circle tickets are now $5 off as part of the DGUSA.tv Weekly Special. There are even bigger savings on 2nd & 3rd row Golden Circle tickets with Tix Packs. Go to the DGUSA.tv Store to check out these incredible prices, but act now because these offers end on October 13th.

Open The Freedom Gate Title
BxB Hulk defends vs. Shingo

Dragon Gate Tag Team Wrestling At Its Best
CIMA & Genki Horiguchi vs. YAMATO & Akira Tozawa

I Quit Match
Jimmy Jacobs vs. Jon Moxley

-Sumo legend Akebono (he will be available for autographs)
-Open The Dream Gate Champion Masato Yoshino
-Homicide
-Austin Aries
-Ricochet
-Johnny Gargano
-Chuck Taylor
-Brodie Lee
-Arik Cannon
-Sami Callihan
-Scott Reed
-Tommaso Ciampo
-Plus many more to be announced!!!

Dragon Gate USA
"Freedom Fight 2010"
October 30th, 2010
6:00pm Meet & Greet and Bonus Card
8:00pm Belltime
Rahway Rec Center
275 Milton Ave, Rahway, NJ, 07065

Tickets are now available in the DGUSA.tv
Store or by calling 267-519-9744. All 2nd & 3rd row Golden Circle tickets are now $5 off as part of the DGUSA.tv Weekly Special. There are even bigger savings on 2nd & 3rd row Golden Circle tickets with Tix Packs. Go to the DGUSA.tv Store to check out these incredible prices, but act now because these offers end on October 13th.

Main Event #1 - Non-Title
Open The Dream Gate Champion Masato Yoshino vs. YAMATO

Main Event #2 - Tag Team Attraction
BxB Hulk & Homicide vs. Jon Moxley & Akira Tozawa

Main Event #3 - Special Challenge Match
CIMA vs. Shingo

-Sumo legend Akebono (he will be available for autographs)
-The East Coast debut of Genki Horiguchi
-Austin Aries
-Jimmy Jacobs
-Ricochet
-Johnny Gargano
-Chuck Taylor
-Brodie Lee
-Arik Cannon

-Sami Callihan
-Plus many more to be announced!!!

Reaction score
CIMA vs. Shingo should be nuts. Some big shows have taken place their lately but this show on 10/30 should be extra sweet.

Montana

Reaction score
What did you think of the Show? Did you go to the PPV?

Montana

Reaction score
Really?? I heard the PPV set up a handful of matches for NJ. That stinks.

I just looked over the results, and i see a few of teh matches were short. Sucks Aries was in a 6 man. I bet Cima vs. Shingo was good though.

I went to Northern Navigation and like only 150 people were there and DG still put on a pretty good show. I'm not super big on Dragon Gate. I like the wrestling, it's just i'm not big on how it's set up and the lack of storylines. I'd go see them again for sure, i just don't follow the product all that close.

Reaction score
Jacobs vs. Cannon was the opener. I like Jacobs and have nothing against Cannon but as an opener I don't know why that went on first. If it opened Evolve then I totally get it but DG USA is a product that should always hit the ground running with an explosive hot opener.

Brodie Lee vs. Akebono was more or less a throwaway match. I like the "Big Rig" and stuff like this never does him justice.

Chucky T, Rich Swann & Johnny Gargano vs. Aries, Ricochet & Genki was a damn fine match and to be honest the first one I really got into but sadly it was the second to last match. I said it right after the match.....it maybe should have gone on first.

Yoshino vs. YAMATO was a fine match and I have no gripes but it didn't have that big match feel to it. But I do like what they've done with YAMATO.

Moxley & Tozawa vs. Homicide & BxB Hulk was fun but at no point did I feel it really jelled into a heated match which is tough to say when a match involves Homicide. I love BxB Hulk, Tozawa was been nothing but fun in the dozen or so matches I've seen of his, Homicide always delivers but to me Moxley is still a question mark. In a few weeks at Evolve 6 its Moxley vs. Homicide. I'll report back.

CIMA vs. Shingo was another match that was good but it would have been way more heated had this event taken place in Philly. A prime example of a match that probably would have gone over way more if it had a good crowd to draw from.

I'll still do DG USA shows but this wasn't the show I had expected or hoped for.

Reaction score
BxB Hulk vs. YAMATO, Moxley & Tozawa over the course of the January triple shot is gonna be awesome. Definetly doing the NYC and NJ shows.

Montana

Reaction score
I think Gabe needs to figure out if Dragon Gate USA or Evolve will be the primary promotion. I'm sure this triple shot will be stacked, but at the same Evolve is slowly fading away again.

I hope DGUSA debuts in the Detroit area this year. Chikara is returning, so who knows.

Montana

Reaction score
Still going to NYC and NJ? Who's your favorite in GDUSA?

These look like 3 supercards. It's kind of interesting how Gabe is booking GDUSA. He's building up BXB Hulk as a top babyface superchamp it seems, and Moxley, as a bad ass. Along with the faction wars. Every show seems like a supershow though, rather than building to own WM show. I guess it's still early in their existence.