The Dark Knight Rises

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Personally Keaton is my favorite overall with Bale being 2 and Kilmer at 3rd.

This movie however was bad in my opinion the majority of it contradicted the previous movies hell half of it contradicted things that nolan himself said.

To Nukem
Not sure what you're going on about pretending like your the only one that knows about shit. First with Turtles now with Batman. Most people know of the Adam West movie I don't know why you keep assuming that people on this forum have no idea bout anything that you know about. As far as his Multiple personalities which continuity you basing that off of? Cause the majority of good continuities don't actually mention two of his "personalities" while it should be obvious batman has issues hobo batman and the private eye version should never be in a movie.

Last edited:

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Zur En Ar was featured most recently in the Batman R.I.P. storyline, he was orginally an Elseworld/Alien Batman until Morrison & Johns retconned it as another of Bruces personalities. Matches Malone has been around forever, and is the character Bruce uses to infiltrate a villains HQ to gain information, was a main focal point in an episode of Batman: Brave & the Bold, and will be featured in one of next months many Batman titles. So to answer your question of what continuity, its the main DC one, before the new 52(as I am still learning what exactly has & hasnt happened in the reboot, like Talia being concieved at Live Aid instead of Woodstock, but Barbara was still paralyzed by Joker).

I assume few people knew of the Adam West movie due to the fact that while I was in line at a convention to get my DVD signed, everyone around me under the age of 30 thought I was getting a set of episodes signed. That and 2 of the 5 employees at the comic shop didnt even know about it when me & one of the other employees were talking about it. So in my experience very few people even know about it. I have had similair experiences with the Lou Ferigno Hulk movies with Daredevil(where John Rhys Davies plays Kingpin) & Thor. Turtles I decided to rely on my own memory of something I havnt seen in nearly 20 years, I remembered a human mutating in the opening credits, and figured that the mutations were the same for everyone, as Splinter, Stockman, Bebop, & Rocksteady had all been human prior to being mutated, which in any of Kevin Eastman & Peter Laird's work has never happened, its always an animal mutating into a bipedal humanoid(Alopex could be the first, as her backstory has not been given as of yet in the current comics), and even in the movies, all of the animal mutations started as an animal, Shredder being the only one to mutate without having an animal infuence(according to the Archie/80's cartoon) he simply became a larger more muscular human.

Andy

Reaction score
Spoilers Below
Honestly, it wasn't as good as everyone's been saying, just as I had expected. Shots, cuts, and cinematography were all better than TDK. However, the acting (save from a few roles), was rather lackluster. Too many new characters were introduced and not developed, half of them not being named more than once during the movie. The first hour was completely pointless as an attempt to introduce and develop, which ended up failing. Sets were really nice. Plot was mostly good, but there were a lot of problems and holes. CGI was meh. Villains were good (except for Tate), but Bane's death was just stupid as all living hell. The movie was supposed to be the epic conclusion. I expected a final fight between the two which would see Batman either dying or having to kill. But no, she just drives in and shoots him. Which could have been done so many times during the movie. By anyone. Themes were good. Connective plot devices were good. Reality was a little wack at times. Overall, it wasn't as good as TDK, but then again, that movie wasn't as good as BB in retrospect.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
:lmao What the FUCK! Kilmer was a TERRIBLE Batman. He was undoubtedly the worst part of Batman Forever. I actually think he was the very worst Batman, even worse than Clooney. He was a terrible casting choice for Bruce Wayne, completely void of emotion and personality. I'm sure someone just liked him in Top Gun, so they casted him as Batman to make the character "cooler" than Keaton, which completely backfired. Kilmer fucking sucked so hard it's not even funny.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
valbatman.jpg

lol seriously, if Bruce Wayne was gay, Kilmer would have been a good choice.

AF.

Reaction score
Bale is sufficient, but when you compare him to every other Batman, he cant even hold a candle to Adam West, and I can guarentee the only name that would always be worse is George Clooney.

And I find it kind of funny, amongst the comic book community, Bale is a joke. Everyone I talk to prefers Keaton. This forum is actually the first place I have ever seen someone defend him.

You must only talk to comic book fags tbh. Everybody I know irl loves Batman because of Nolan and Bale. I've never, ever heard anybody say Christian Bale sucks, nor have I heard anyone talk down Nolan's trilogy.

It is the best trilogy of all time and rightfully so. Comic book fags can cry for all I care. Nolan's plot twists and original stories > rehashing old comic book stories.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
So you must talk to only sheep, because the best trilogy of all time will forever be the original Star Wars trilogy. I know Trekkies that even admit to that. I also never said they have to rehash old comic book stories, just make the damned movie feel like a fucking Batman story. It took 9 issues before the real villain of Court of the Owls was revealed, in movies you know who the villain is before you walk in, kinda takes away from the Detective story.

Pete

Reaction score
I'll pop a review in the relevant topic when I can get all my ducks in a row. In the meantime, I'll say this: amazing movie. Hathaway is this movie's Heath Ledger (let's hope she doesn't die too), and Joseph Gordon-Levitt (AKA Tommy from Third Rock) impressed the hell out of me, too. The fact that a movie with virtually no costumed Batman in it works is a tribute to Nolan as a filmmaker. I liked the message of a city rallying together under duress, too. And the twist at the end was impeccable.

I did notice a little continuity gripe, though. In the scene in which the twist happens, Batman sustains an injury (those who saw it know what I'm talking about). Yet in all subsequent scenes, he doesn't at all seem to be in pain, and is as competent as always. Did anyone else notice this?

(There - didn't spoil it for anyone this way!)

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I also noticed 5 actors from Inception were in this movie... Scarecrow, Robin, Talia, Alfred, and Bane.... were all in Inception. :p

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score
I liked the movie but as a comic book fan I was annoyed at several things that happened in it won't say anything because I don't want to spoil it for anyone.

Pete

Reaction score
^I know what you're saying but this is a different continuity so Nolan gets a pass IMHO.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
So you must talk to only sheep, because the best trilogy of all time will forever be the original Star Wars trilogy. I know Trekkies that even admit to that. I also never said they have to rehash old comic book stories, just make the damned movie feel like a fucking Batman story. It took 9 issues before the real villain of Court of the Owls was revealed, in movies you know who the villain is before you walk in, kinda takes away from the Detective story.

Well your argument is dead now because Starwars is terrible. Nolan Batman films is not the best Trilogy of all time either but it would be up there. Three Colours and Toy Story would be ahead of it.

Pete

Reaction score
And Lord Of The Rings. And arguably Godfather, even though Part III was terrible.