The Dark Knight Rises

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

AF.

Reaction score
I think it was proven Bane was a worthy match for Batman until Batman found his weakness, only then could he defeat him in hand to hand combat.

By the way, how fucking brilliant was the first Bane/Batman encounter done? My god.

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score
Yeah he was a worthy opponent but without the Venom he never stood a chance, I agree the first encounter was done extremely well.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Yeah he was a worthy opponent but without the Venom he never stood a chance, I agree the first encounter was done extremely well.

That is interesting because I have heard that the villian is the weak point of the film. Am finally going tonight and looking forward to it. Will be interesting to see how Heathaway will fare as Cat Woman and how they conclude this compelling trilogy. I can't see it quite living up to Begins and Dark Knight but am expecting great things none the less.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Bane was a great villain, but Ras Al Ghul's kid ruins his cool factor by a million points towards the end.

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
Bane isn't the weak point, if anything he was the strongest part of the film. Everyone was saying he didn't stand a chance, he got blasted by Selina with the batpod's cannon to have him properly beat.

People just like to hate... Bane's credibly got killed by Talia being revealed as the mastermind when in the comics, Bane is just a brilliant opponent. Tactically, Mentally and Physically, it took a psychotic and drugged up Jean-Paul Valley to beat Bane in the comic books.

People are ST00PID.

AF.

Reaction score
Anne Hathaway is the best thing about this film. Bale second. Tom Hardy third.

Also, Keith why did you read this thread before watching the movie? It's filled with spoilers.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
AF, it cant be any worse than Amazing Spider-Man, just watching the trailers you could watch over 30 minutes of the film. A few of us talking vaguely about the events of this movie has to leave more to the imagination.

Also agree that Hathaway was the best part of the film, and going in to it I was expecting her to be a horrible Selina.

Pete

Reaction score
She is as good here as Heath Ledger was on TDK. Just sayin'. Michelle Pfeiffer eat your heart out.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
^ Well I am a big Hathaway fan I agree that hers in the best performance of the film althrough I wouldn't go as far as to say it was better than Phfeiffer's it was just a different take on the character.

See my review elsewhere but yes in my mind Bane was the weak point. From an acting stand point I don't blame Hardy as he was not given a chance to Shine what with the silly voice and the way he was strait jacketed with the outfit. Also at the end of the day the character was just a muscle bound goo who lacked the sinister edge of the Jorker and was not intelligent enough, the only slight defence is the twist in the tail which I won't reveal here.

I didn't read the spoils by the way. Great way to end the series even through it was the weakest part overall.

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
^ Well I am a big Hathaway fan I agree that hers in the best performance of the film althrough I wouldn't go as far as to say it was better than Phfeiffer's it was just a different take on the character.

See my review elsewhere but yes in my mind Bane was the weak point. From an acting stand point I don't blame Hardy as he was not given a chance to Shine what with the silly voice and the way he was strait jacketed with the outfit. Also at the end of the day the character was just a muscle bound goo who lacked the sinister edge of the Jorker and was not intelligent enough, the only slight defence is the twist in the tail which I won't reveal here.

Man, so many points you got wrong about Bane, this is why the film fans are stupid.

People need to read the comic books before judging the weak points of the character... They got Bane pretty much spot on, the idea that Talia set up the whole thing is a bit naff as the only thing she really set up was the bomb part... Bane was the foot soldier leader and kick Bane's ass and kept him relavity close to how he should of been... If they removed Talia, from it all, then you wouldn't be saying he was a bad character.

Nolan had to do some Blue plot twist which killed Bane's credibility and not his own fault. Bane was portrayed much better than Selina Kyle and the acting was better. I swear to god, everyone bitches about the mask and not Bane's actual execution.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Man, so many points you got wrong about Bane, this is why the film fans are stupid.

People need to read the comic books before judging the weak points of the character... They got Bane pretty much spot on, the idea that Talia set up the whole thing is a bit naff as the only thing she really set up was the bomb part... Bane was the foot soldier leader and kick Bane's ass and kept him relavity close to how he should of been... If they removed Talia, from it all, then you wouldn't be saying he was a bad character.

Nolan had to do some Blue plot twist which killed Bane's credibility and not his own fault. Bane was portrayed much better than Selina Kyle and the acting was better. I swear to god, everyone bitches about the mask and not Bane's actual execution.

1. Film and comic book are two different things yes of course the film has to stay true to the souce up to a point but it also has to work on its own level. I have never read the comic books and have little desire to do so, there fore I can only judge the movie on its own merits.

2. The point your missing about that Talia twist is that she gained Wanye/Batman's confidence and clearly mastermind the whole thing, not metion the fact they showed you the flash backs and boy did that look so much like a boy not a girl! Sorry but on anyones level that was a killer twist a really sweep the carpet out from under them moment.

3. Thing is I saw Bane all the way through the film so I really don't think that it was that moment which made me think he was a weak character. Personally I find Hardy a overrated actor but still like I said it wasn't the actors fault here.

4. Cat Woman was the ultimate anti-hero and the scenes between her and Batman were great, Hatahway brought something fresh to the part she just gets better and better as a actress.

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
1. Film and comic book are two different things yes of course the film has to stay true to the souce up to a point but it also has to work on its own level. I have never read the comic books and have little desire to do so, there fore I can only judge the movie on its own merits.

2. The point your missing about that Talia twist is that she gained Wanye/Batman's confidence and clearly mastermind the whole thing, not metion the fact they showed you the flash backs and boy did that look so much like a boy not a girl! Sorry but on anyones level that was a killer twist a really sweep the carpet out from under them moment.

3. Thing is I saw Bane all the way through the film so I really don't think that it was that moment which made me think he was a weak character. Personally I find Hardy a overrated actor but still like I said it wasn't the actors fault here.

4. Cat Woman was the ultimate anti-hero and the scenes between her and Batman were great, Hatahway brought something fresh to the part she just gets better and better as a actress.

I never said the twist was a bad, while in actual comics, Talia is a more kind hearted and times embraces Batman, in fact the fourth (or first depending on your comic book continunity) is Talia/Batman's son, Damien Wayne. So they fucked Talia up right from the start, which is a massive plothole to begin with.

Bane was closer to book than I've seen him in any animation/movie/direct-to-dvd portrayal of him, so the idea that Bane is a weak character overall is incorrection, and the massive plot "twist" (which I saw coming thanks to SBS hints on skype before hand) negated Bane's credibility and Bane look weaker. Even though, Bane always 'beat' the Batman, broke his back, and you're still claiming him as weak. I question your judgment over all at many points through this forums history.

Any fan of the comic book I know, the general conseus Bane was great and Talia's twist was bawls.

The ending of the film itself is totally not a Batman thing... Wayne would never leave Gotham. Catwoman got overrated, the "Ultimate-Anti-Hero" is a laugh.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
But I didn't mean he was a weak villian in the sense that he never came across as a threat just that he was not a very interesting villian.

Again you are talking too much about the comic books what works in a comic book doesn't always work in a film. Example is Fight Club that twist is silly in the film but I bet makes sense if you read the novel. Anyway can't argue too much over the Talia thing fact is just really worked for me and was one of the highlights of the film.

I liked the ending as Batman leaving kind of puts a full stop on the series and I liked that they looked at human ideas such as him retireing.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
I think someone forgot a Robin, possibly Stephanie Brown? as Damien is the 5th(if you ignore the Carrie Kelly from Frank Millar's The Dark Knight Returns, who is the last Robin in continuity, but appeared long before Damien).

I have never really enjoyed Bane in any capacity, and find him to be like so many of Spider-Man's crappy villains, A common thug given super powers/steroids(like Rhino, Molten Man, Scorpion, etc), I would rather have Jarvis Tetch, Ed Nigma, or Roman Sionis, who do not have super powers for Nolan to abandon. It is what I liked about Begins & Dark Knight, as Two-Face, Joker, Scarecrow, & Ras are all normal(perhaps deranged) people. Talia & Catwoman looked better in TDKR because of this, Bane is the only person Nolan took powers away from.