The current champions of WWE

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

RatsCrew

Jobber
Reaction score
Pretty good idea maybe add in a slight summary under every title holder saying how long they've held the belt ,who the beat for it etc.

DBasher

Jobber
Reaction score
Personally, I like all the people who are champions as the champions, except for Rosa being with tag champs because she acts like a total hoe, but all in all I'm good with these poeple. An issue I have with the championships themselves though depends on the title.
Intercontinental/United States - there isn't enough prestige on these belts anymore, I remember when it was a big deal to hold these belts but now it seems like most people skip over them and go right to the WWE/WHC(like Sheamus) and you only see an IC or US title match once in awhile it's not an every ppv or current thing anymore
Tag Team - i would have no problem with this belt at all if the WWE actually had a tag team division not two actual teams and some random guys who get thrown together now and again
Divas - they can only have the divas title because, in my opinion, most of the divas don't deserve to hold the Women's Title...Beth, Natalya, Tamina, and Kharma are prolly the only ones who could hold the Women's title currently

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
DBasher said:
Personally, I like all the people who are champions as the champions, except for Rosa being with tag champs because she acts like a total hoe, but all in all I'm good with these poeple. An issue I have with the championships themselves though depends on the title.
Intercontinental/United States - there isn't enough prestige on these belts anymore, I remember when it was a big deal to hold these belts but now it seems like most people skip over them and go right to the WWE/WHC(like Sheamus) and you only see an IC or US title match once in awhile it's not an every ppv or current thing anymore
Tag Team - i would have no problem with this belt at all if the WWE actually had a tag team division not two actual teams and some random guys who get thrown together now and again
Divas - they can only have the divas title because, in my opinion, most of the divas don't deserve to hold the Women's Title...Beth, Natalya, Tamina, and Kharma are prolly the only ones who could hold the Women's title currently

Nice post, agree with it all.

WWE Title needs to be re-designed also.

DBasher

Jobber
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Nice post, agree with it all.

WWE Title needs to be re-designed also.

Yeah the title does need to be re-designed, Punk likes the old winged eagle title. I like that belt and the attitude era belt myself. I wouldnt dislike the spinner belt so much if it actually spun lol.

Assassinzack

Jobber
Reaction score
I wish they brought back the original tag titles when there where titles on Raw and SmackDown
the tagteam division isnt bad they only compete on NxT just needs a few main eventers

The WWE title needs re-designing for sure
and is it me or does the worldheavyweight championship keep getting smaller

WMD

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Yep, Santino won.

Asskicker

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I hope Daniel Bryan remains World Champ past Extreme Rules. Got good seats to see him very badly.

donzaloog

Jobber
Reaction score
I like that they put the Us title on Santino. Swagger is painfully boring in the ring. CM Punk and Daniel Bryan make good champions. Punk is the best, but Bryan is going through the typical "1st run as champion, have to cheat to win, run away from fights," schtick WWE seems to be addicted to.

Reaction score
I hope these title changes in WM unlike EC. I know the World Heavyweight Champion will change.

Reaction score
Website
renaissanceofbillysmith.blogspot.com
Alright, my thoughts on the current champions in WWE.

WWE Champion - CM Punk: He is the best man to hold the championship right now. I like that he's had the title since November and will likely hold it beyond WrestleMania. He's had a good reign, too. Defeated ADR at Survivor Series, turned back ADR and The Miz at TLC, defeated Dolph Ziggler at Royal Rumble and survived Elimination Chamber. Once he wins at WrestleMania against Jericho, his reign will be even better. This title reign is taking him to the level that he should be at.

World Heavyweight Champion - Daniel Bryan: His reign started off a little shaky, but I've grown to love him as WHC now and even though I'm certain Sheamus is leaving WM with the title, I have to admit that I would like to see Bryan's reign continue. His character has really come out and the inclusion of the AJ angle has really helped him. His reign has also really moved him up to a good spot.

Intercontinental Champion - Cody Rhodes: Even though he hasn't defended it as much as I would have liked, I love Rhodes as champion and I love that he brought back an old title design to represent a title that has lost some it's importance over the last few years. I hope and pray that he somehow retains at WrestleMania, but I have a very bad feeling that Big Show is going to knock him out.

United States Champion - Santino: Look, I know that people like Santino and that he has really jumped up in popularity recently, but I see Santino as a comedy character and, in my opinion, he shouldn't have the United States Championship. Why? It's not going to take him anywhere. They should put that championship on someone who can benefit from it. Why they ever took it off of Zack Ryder in the first place is beyond me. The US title seemed to be on a real roll for awhile, with Ziggler's great reign and then Ryder chasing it. It seemed to be more important.

Tag Team Champions - Primo & Epico: Love this team. Love their work in the ring. Love that they are a real tag team and not just two guys thrown together. Love that they have a manager in Rosa Mendes. It all just works for me, but they need some challengers. I hope it's not going to be Kingston & Truth, but that kind of looks like the direction they are going in. Personally, I can't understand why they won't put them into a feud with The Usos and really make it mean something. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

Divas Champion - Beth Phoenix: Like CM Punk, she really is the best choice to be the champion right now. Kharma isn't around and WWE has turned Natalya into a joke. I just wish she had some competition. It's a shame that we won't be seeing Phoenix vs. Kharma at WM. I was really looking forward to that. If they hadn't destroyed Natalya's credibility so much, she could have faced Beth. That would have also been a very good match. They've got the right champion, but they're still showing no respect for the Divas division.

Reactions: donzaloog

donzaloog

Jobber
Reaction score
SharpshooterSmith said:
Alright, my thoughts on the current champions in WWE.

WWE Champion - CM Punk: He is the best man to hold the championship right now. I like that he's had the title since November and will likely hold it beyond WrestleMania. He's had a good reign, too. Defeated ADR at Survivor Series, turned back ADR and The Miz at TLC, defeated Dolph Ziggler at Royal Rumble and survived Elimination Chamber. Once he wins at WrestleMania against Jericho, his reign will be even better. This title reign is taking him to the level that he should be at.

World Heavyweight Champion - Daniel Bryan: His reign started off a little shaky, but I've grown to love him as WHC now and even though I'm certain Sheamus is leaving WM with the title, I have to admit that I would like to see Bryan's reign continue. His character has really come out and the inclusion of the AJ angle has really helped him. His reign has also really moved him up to a good spot.

Intercontinental Champion - Cody Rhodes: Even though he hasn't defended it as much as I would have liked, I love Rhodes as champion and I love that he brought back an old title design to represent a title that has lost some it's importance over the last few years. I hope and pray that he somehow retains at WrestleMania, but I have a very bad feeling that Big Show is going to knock him out.

United States Champion - Santino: Look, I know that people like Santino and that he has really jumped up in popularity recently, but I see Santino as a comedy character and, in my opinion, he shouldn't have the United States Championship. Why? It's not going to take him anywhere. They should put that championship on someone who can benefit from it. Why they ever took it off of Zack Ryder in the first place is beyond me. The US title seemed to be on a real roll for awhile, with Ziggler's great reign and then Ryder chasing it. It seemed to be more important.

Tag Team Champions - Primo & Epico: Love this team. Love their work in the ring. Love that they are a real tag team and not just two guys thrown together. Love that they have a manager in Rosa Mendes. It all just works for me, but they need some challengers. I hope it's not going to be Kingston & Truth, but that kind of looks like the direction they are going in. Personally, I can't understand why they won't put them into a feud with The Usos and really make it mean something. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

Divas Champion - Beth Phoenix: Like CM Punk, she really is the best choice to be the champion right now. Kharma isn't around and WWE has turned Natalya into a joke. I just wish she had some competition. It's a shame that we won't be seeing Phoenix vs. Kharma at WM. I was really looking forward to that. If they hadn't destroyed Natalya's credibility so much, she could have faced Beth. That would have also been a very good match. They've got the right champion, but they're still showing no respect for the Divas division.
Well said, Sharpshooter. I agree completely. I wish Beth and Punk would change the look of their ugly belts like Cody Rhodes did. Punk should make his own custom belt. It should look like the real WWE championship seen here: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/26/WWE_Undisputed_Championship_Belt.jpgbut and he should put the bandaged fist holding the lightning bolt in the center, which is Punk's trademark.

Beth should flat out say that she is above the stupid butterfly championship and revive the Women's championship belt that Laycool took a dump on.