The Breaking Bad Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
That was my biggest beef for sure. If they were already using the SUV for cover it would've made a bit more sense, but they were just STANDING THERE! Not moving for at least 10 seconds, which is more than enough time to pump them full of lead.

The more I think about it, the more I think Todd gets killed in the crossfire as well. This will make the Nazis force Walt to cook for them now that Todd is dead and he owes his free life to them. I imagine that's who the ricine ends up being used on.

Completely agree on the shootout. I just absolutely hated it - although apparently Gomez looks like he gets shot at one point.

I could see Kevin's prediction from a few weeks ago coming true. I also think Todd will get killed, but Walt will save Jesse by telling the Nazis he can cook (obviously delivered better than how I write it there!) and they kidnap Jesse and force him to cook while Walt escapes. Walt comes back to save Jesse later on with the M60. The Ricin will be used for himself. I could see the writers going in that sort of direction with it, but as always with BB, they'll undoubtedly swerve us somehow.

I wonder what Marie's reaction to this is in the next episode, and if it has any implications on Skyler. Hank and Gomez are goners IMO.

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
Completely agree on the shootout. I just absolutely hated it - although apparently Gomez looks like he gets shot at one point.

I could see Kevin's prediction from a few weeks ago coming true. I also think Todd will get killed, but Walt will save Jesse by telling the Nazis he can cook (obviously delivered better than how I write it there!) and they kidnap Jesse and force him to cook while Walt escapes. Walt comes back to save Jesse later on with the M60. The Ricin will be used for himself. I could see the writers going in that sort of direction with it, but as always with BB, they'll undoubtedly swerve us somehow.

I wonder what Marie's reaction to this is in the next episode, and if it has any implications on Skyler. Hank and Gomez are goners IMO.

I think maybe Walt becomes a human shield for Hank and he survives. Don't know where it goes from there though.

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
I think maybe Walt becomes a human shield for Hank and he survives. Don't know where it goes from there though.

Tbh I'm of the opinion that Walt was so reluctant to have Hank killed because it justifies his on actions as long as what he doesn't doesn't directly affect other family members negatively. IMO he doesn't see how evil a person he really is because in his mind he still tells himself that he's doing this for family.

I don't know. There's a million and one ways to look at it, it shows just how damn good the writing for the show is.

Robbie Coletrain

Big Robbie
Reaction score
ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS WHAT KIND OF MOTHERFUCKING ENDING WAS THAT A FUCKING WEEK TO WAIT WITH THAT CLIFFHANGER SHIT AS ALL WE HAVE TO GO OFF!?

Reactions: CM Punk

Varus

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS WHAT KIND OF MOTHERFUCKING ENDING WAS THAT A FUCKING WEEK TO WAIT WITH THAT CLIFFHANGER SHIT AS ALL WE HAVE TO GO OFF!?

Cliff hangers are awesome. Just as long as it means another episode will be on the next week.

Reactions: Rysenberg
Reaction score
Cliff hangers are awesome. Just as long as it means another episode will be on the next week.

you don't put a cliffhanger in the middle of a shootout.

13BJjm7.png

Reactions: Crayo and CM Punk

Varus

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
you don't put a cliffhanger in the middle of a shootout.

13BJjm7.png

There are many scenarios that can happen with the shootout though. As long as the cliffhanger gives me many thoughts going forward then it's good to me.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Shootout was so poor and cheesy, but the rest was fine imo. Gomez will die and Hank will survive (and will be more angry now his best mate is dead). I felt myself rooting for Walt so much though, and I kinda dislike how aligned with the feds Jesse is.

I think Vince was going for the out-of-the-ordinary by ending the cliffhanger in the middle of an action packed shootout, but it was a plan that failed imo. Jonathan said it right in Skype, they could have ended with one shot fired (or multiple, whatever) which leads to a black screen. Breaking Bad's realism is one reason why I love it so much and that it's the GOAT show, but you can not expect experienced criminals to miss open targets like that with superior weapons.

Robbie Coletrain

Big Robbie
Reaction score
Yeah it was unrealistic but I'd way prefer an entertaining show than an ultra realistic one.

Reactions: CM Punk

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
The shootout was so cliche - bad guys conveniently miss the open targets; guys trapped in the middle of the gunfight don't get hit since it's necessary for the story that they survive (Walt); guys firing their weapons apparently have unlimited ammo and never have to reload; But it was still an intense scene and I love how it all came together. Still though, if it turns out Hank and Gomez are dead in the next episode, then I'd preferred if they were just wasted almost instantaneously here instead of having a drawn out gunfight. They could have put up a fight for a few moments but ultimately, given that it's like five or six people with handguns and assault rifles against only two guys, them going down quick and hard wouldn't have looked bad on them. It'd be a fitting end for Hank - finally catching Heisenberg and having his wife on the verge of tears at how happy she was for him that it was finally over, only for him to then meet his end.

I don't really see a way for Hank and Gomez to get out of this. Only way they could is if they had already called the search team right before the Nazis showed up and when they see more cops arriving from a distance, Jack and his crew quickly get the hell out of there. But I don't see that happening. Seems obvious they're leaving with Walt (and probably Jesse, too.)

Reactions: Mustafar Reginald