The Breaking Bad Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
But seriously I want Walt to die, but I don't want it to be by Hank's doing, if he is going to die I hope it is either on his own terms or by Jesse's hand.

I personally believe the ricin he took from his abandoned house is for himself. The idea is that he is at the end of his rope, either way. He's been exposed as Heisenberg, he isn't fighting the cancer inside of him anymore (him having hair means he isn't on Chemo anymore, as you would expect since he's on the run), his family is gone (who knows where they are, possibly even dead) and he's coming back to massacre what looks like at least a handful of people with an M60, which comes off looking like a suicide mission almost. The point is, if he is still alive by the end of it all, he could decide to finally end it all with the ricin. I interpret him coming back to Albuquerque as coming to take care of one last piece of business (he said to the waitress in 5x01 that he was here on 'business') and then he's gonna take the ricin and finally end it since he doesn't really have any reason to live on past this. It make sense too, because he's all about having control and power and taking his life on his own terms instead of letting the cancer take him could be apart of maintaining that control over his own fate.

Out of curiosity does anyone think Jesse will fnd out about Jane now? I'm not sure how he could anymore unless Walt uses it as a way to hurt Jesse.

I believe he will. It doesn't NEED to happen because finding out the truth about Brock is enough to turn Jesse against Walt from the looks of it, but if the writers and Vince Gilligan truly want finality on everything, they could have Jesse find out about Jane. The way I see happening is Jesse and Walt having a conversation/confrontation about Brock's poisoning that quickly escalates into a very heated argument. Walt admits to the poisoning and then goes into an egotistical rant about how he's always had to look after Jesse and get him out of trouble and the poisoning was done to get him back to his side so he'd realize Gus needed to die. He could then just let it all out and admit to killing Mike as well, confirming Jesse's suspciions. Then, he also admits to letting Jane die and says he was protecting Jesse from her as he suspects the both of them together would have died from an overdose together if he didn't.

And this will be the official point when their relationship will either hit rock bottom or will lead to Walt finally killing Jesse, which will be the ultimate low point for him.

I know many want to see Jesse survive and perhaps even deliver his own comeuppance against Walt but this story's ending is obviously designed to be tragic on a huge level, and Walt killing Jesse would be the most heartbreaking and tragic scene of the series. It would be right up there with you-know-what from a certain episode of The Shield in terms of tragedy.

I don't think Walt is going to die. In an interview posted a while back they said they have enough story to perhaps make a movie after the series finale. You can't have a BB movie without Walt. He probably has some sort of epiphany and atones somehow.

I haven't heard of anything about a possible movie. I think Vince Gilligan once said he doesn't want a film of Breaking Bad, he wants the story to end as a TV show and he says the ending isn't ambiguous at all, it's a pretty definite ending.

The closest thing to a project that I've heard about post-Breaking Bad is a spin off show with Saul Goodman. And that doesn't even spoil Saul's fate, as Gilligan also says this would be a prequel spin off about Saul before we saw him in the Breaking Bad universe.

Reactions: Robbie Coletrain

Robbie Coletrain

Big Robbie
Reaction score
It would be right up there with you-know-what from a certain episode of The Shield in terms of tragedy.

That would be incredible television, but I don't even want to think about something like that happening again, one of them had me as depressed as anything on film has ever made me and one rendered me speechless for over half an hour. I don't think I could handle another one on that scale.

Chaz

The Artiste
Reaction score
BB newbie here, but is all that Walts son does just eating breakfast? :/

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
I think Walt fakes his own death. I think the cancer isn't back at all (unless it actually isn't and it's just something he's telling Hank and everyone knows this but I don't :lol1:).

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
The more I think about it the more I dislike that ending.

Don't get me wrong, it made complete sense, Jesse eventually deciding to avoid Walt after spotting what looked like a thug, but it was all a bit 'coincidental'. IMO a stronger ending would have been Walt managing to figure out what Jesse was doing, before they part ways and Walt phones Todd. Still, I don't know - perhaps they're saving their discussion for later in the series. They've done so much awesome writing over the last five years that I don't think I should be questioning them!

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Good episode. I like how Skyler practically ordered a hit on Jesse. I guess she too can be OK with murder now as well. Not to mention Hank showing complete apathy towards Jesse being killed by Walt if it means he can finally arrest Walt on something. I also like that Jesse has completely turned against Walt and it now looks like Walt is gonna have Jesse killed after all. Then again, speculation is that that call to Todd about his uncle isn't about a hit but something else and we're just being swerved. This show has built up quite the reputation of making it seem like one thing and then flipping it around and having it turn out to be another.

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
Funny how Skylar considers Jesse a threat but not Hank. She has to know that no matter how screwed the DVD made him that he's never going to give up. Would've actually am me like her a bit if she told Walt to get rid of Jesse and Hank.

Varus

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
"What kind of man talks to the DEA? No man at all-Gus Fring

God dammit Jesse

Reactions: Grams and Ounces

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Funny how Skylar considers Jesse a threat but not Hank. She has to know that no matter how screwed the DVD made him that he's never going to give up. Would've actually am me like her a bit if she told Walt to get rid of Jesse and Hank.

Well, Hank is still family. Even Walt dismissed the idea when Saul recommended it, not to mention he's ASAC of the DEA and Walt wouldn't want that kind of heat and investigation going on. And I'm sure Skyler wouldn't want Marie going straight to the DEA in the event that Hank dies since they're under the impression that only Hank has suspicions about Walt, not anyone else. Skyler doesn't have the same kind of emotional connection to Jesse that Walt does so his death wouldn't affect her negatively at all.

After thinking back on the episode and Jesse's confession to Hank and Gomez, I wonder if he mentioned anything criminal about what Saul Goodman has done for them. If he's coming clean, I don't why he wouldn't (even though as he said, there's no evidence left over of anything he confessed to, which is why they have to catch Walt in the act.)

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
Children > brothers-in-law or even siblings. If I has to choose between my kids safety or my siblings safety, it'd be a no brainer.

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
I think there is a twist coming next episode. I can see Walt and Jesse reuniting again somehow.

I don't know about that. Jesse finally figured out all the shit Walt did. I don't see what could happen that would make him ok with Walt killing Mike or poisoning Brock.