The Breaking Bad Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
I thought it was a great episode and I liked it better than last week's. Marie knows the truth about Walt now too, Skyler knows about the cancer, there was that intense scene between Marie and Skyler, Declan and his some of his crew got wiped out by Lydia and the reappearing Neo-Nazi gang, Walt buried the money, Jesse got arrested, etc. I personally thought last week's episode was the one that lacked tension up until the end.

I'm really getting bored of Jesse's whole depression, though. I've seen enough of his character like this that I wished they could find something more for him to do other than sit around with lifeless eyes and being full of self-pity over the things he's done to get the money.

Reactions: Rysenberg

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
I thought it was a great episode and I liked it better than last week's. Marie knows the truth about Walt now too, Skyler knows about the cancer, there was that intense scene between Marie and Skyler, Declan and his some of his crew got wiped out by Lydia and the reappearing Neo-Nazi gang, Walt buried the money, Jesse got arrested, etc. I personally thought last week's episode was the one that lacked tension up until the end.

I'm really getting bored of Jesse's whole depression, though. I've seen enough of his character like this that I wished they could find something more for him to do other than sit around with lifeless eyes and being full of self-pity over the things he's done to get the money.

Hopefully you'll get your wish next episode when he helps out Hank. I agree, it's getting slightly tedious now, it's been ages since he's done anything of any significance.

One thing that gets me about this ep is why can't Walter turn himself in, hand over a percentage of the money, and leave a sufficient amount to Skylar and the kids?

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
One thing that gets me about this ep is why can't Walter turn himself in, hand over a percentage of the money, and leave a sufficient amount to Skylar and the kids?

I agree. No one knows how much money he made. If he has $20 million buried and hands over 6 of it, how would they know he'd be lying?

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
Exactly. Thought that was pretty weak and found it unusual for them to ignore such a simple plot hole.

The most basic plot hole is that Walt's prints are all over the money Jesse threw around, and probably easy to retrieve. Easy incriminating evidence.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Also, regarding your plot hole, perhaps you're not giving the DEA enough credit. They know how widespread Heisenburg's regine was, and how successful Gus Fring was with it, I think they'd have a good guestimation regarding the money Walt has made.

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
Also, regarding your plot hole, perhaps you're not giving the DEA enough credit. They know how widespread Heisenburg's regine was, and how successful Gus Fring was with it, I think they'd have a good guestimation regarding the money Walt has made.

They can't possibly know how it was split between dealers, transportation, etc.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
They can't possibly know how it was split between dealers, transportation, etc.

Hence "guestimation". They're not stupid and have been all over this investigation for over a year. They probably know a bit about what Gus made. We have to take into account it's their profession, and could Walt risk them being fooled? What if Walt hands himself in, and break Skylar? What if they do have some inside bit of evidence no one knows about which gives them clues regarding the money? It's a risk/reward scenario, and it makes perfect sense for Walt to avoid that scenario imo.

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
You're forgetting that when the DEA raided Gus' Los Pollos, they took all his books in. IIRC he kept his meth books in his Los Pollos office didn't he? They took them to the warehouse where they magnet'd the laptop.

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
Hence "guestimation". They're not stupid and have been all over this investigation for over a year. They probably know a bit about what Gus made. We have to take into account it's their profession, and could Walt risk them being fooled? What if Walt hands himself in, and break Skylar? What if they do have some inside bit of evidence no one knows about which gives them clues regarding the money? It's a risk/reward scenario, and it makes perfect sense for Walt to avoid that scenario imo.

In everybody's minds but Hank's the case is closed though. I don't see Jesse flipping on Walt, so Hank's only hope is finding those prints. Since Skylar isn't budging there's no reason for Walt to turn himself in anyway. Just speculation on what he could have done money wise.

Reactions: Rysenberg

McLovin1

The Artiste
Reaction score
Okey i changed my mind Skyler is fine let her be .I want Hank and his Kleptomaniac wife dead and let the carckhead kill himself.:aries:

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
I think Jesse might learn the truth about everything that Walt is keeping from him (Jane's death, poisoning Brock, killing Mike) next week. The episode is called Confessions and Jesse can be heard (but not seen) on the promo asking somebody to tell him the truth about something. They also showed a photo from next week's episode on Talking Bad last night that had Skyler and Walt at a restaurant with two empty chairs as if they were waiting on someone. Perhaps they want to meet Hank and Marie in a non-hostile environment to explain everything and defend their actions as clearly as possible? Fits in with the episode title, too.