The Benoit Family Tragedy

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
the fact of the matter is that we don't know what really happened, police are invenstigating this as a double murder homicide....with Chris killing his wife and son, but this doesn't mean that's what happened it just means that's how the investigation is going....I know a bit of how this is done I don't work for my local PD but I know a bit about how an investigation is done....and with Chris being a public figures local PD knows that they had to say something to the press and obviously they said what was more practical and obvious for how things looked when they first found the bodies.
This does not mean that the double murder suicide happened, but being realistic it does not mean that it didn't happen either. The only thing that we can do right now is really wait for the next couple of weeks to see how the story unfolds....are we looking at a murder suicide as it's been said??? or maybe a double homicide that Chris found and could not deal with??? has anyone given any thought to this idea??? maybe Chris went home to his emergency only to find that his wife and son were dead....couldn't handle it and killed himself.....and of course there's the possibility of a triple homicide....everyone is taking two sides of this....he didn't he didn't do it...and very few are just waiting to see what really happened....I say we should all wait for the next couple of weeks and find out what happened....then pass judgement....

P.O.U.N.C.E

Reaction score
omg come on guys!! if he even killed his wife and kid do we know why? they were coughing up blood when he went home on Sunday! mabye they were gonna die for sure and they wanted him to kill them, so he did, couldnt stand it, and killed himself. a mercy killing for them. i will always respect Benoit.

Ever heard of a hostpital douchebag?

Reaction score
i did and i knew someone was gonna say that when i posted that but i mean they all knew they were gonna die anyway and nothing could be done to stop it.

wwe_fanatic

Reaction score
Can't Believe this! I wanted to see Benoit be ECW Champ. We've lost Eddie now Benoit. Two of the greatest technial wrestlers in the bussiness are now gone :(

RIP Benoit and Family

Reaction score
Sorry guys but every site i've looked at (Wrestlezone.com for starters) has now got new infomation that its more or less 100% that the story about him killing his wife and kids is true.
It said something like.
His wife was found choked in the office
His Son was found suffocated in his Bedroom upstairs
And Benoit was found hanging in the weight Room

I'm Sorry to say it people :(

RobertG

Reaction score
May he RIP, I'm so shocked. Benoit was one of my favourite wrestlers

Reaction score
thts a load of bullshit, no way would benoit do tht, he the greatest there ever was and ever will be. there are hundreds of ways they could have died but tht is'nt one of them.

LKP

I think that also but when ir ead this it made more sense
A Cousin of a GBI (Georgia Bureau of Investigations) has heard in his circle is that Chris Benoit's wife killed their son Daniel, called Chris and told him to rush home because of an emergency which is why he missed last Sunday's Vengeance PPV. Upon arriving home Benoit killed his wife in a rage for the death of his son and then killed himself Monday morning. His wife's body was found in the master bedroom, strangled with the cord from an alarm clock. The son's body was found in his room apparently suffocated with a garbage bag. Chris then wrote a suicide note explaining what had happened, apologized to his family, his other children (from a separate relationship), and his fans. He then fashioned a slip-knot noose from from rope taken from the garage and hung himself from the banister in the foyer of his suburban Atlanta home

I think thats what really happend.

JJdaBuckeye

Reaction score
in police reports on the major news stations, its reporting that his wife was killed saturday, and his son was killed sunday.

HustlerRS

Reaction score
It's funny how people are unwilling to believe Chris did it. Stranger things have happened. You watch a wrestler on TV or from afar and you think you know him? It's not that he's innocent until proven guilty - now he's guilty unless proven innocent. Strangled his wife with an electrical cord, suffocated his son (who's 7, ****!) and hung himself - he's nothing but a cold-blooded murderer, unless proven otherwise. If this will all be 100% confirmed, I'd remove him from the WWE records and history books (ala Chris Jericho's first title win with the quick count), he's not worth being remembered. RIP Nancy and Daniel.

Great One

It's funny how people are unwilling to believe Chris did it. Stranger things have happened. You watch a wrestler on TV or from afar and you think you know him? It's not that he's innocent until proven guilty - now he's guilty unless proven innocent. Strangled his wife with an electrical cord, suffocated his son (who's 7, ****!) and hung himself - he's nothing but a cold-blooded murderer, unless proven otherwise. If this will all be 100% confirmed, I'd remove him from the WWE records and history books (ala Chris Jericho's first title win with the quick count), he's not worth being remembered. RIP Nancy and Daniel.
Yeah, remove all the dedication, pride, and blood he spilled for WWE. Are you fucking stupid? Seriously, I'm tired of you blueberries saying he deserves no respect and 'his legacy his dead', etc. The fact remains he was one of the, if not the BEST DAMN WRESTLER of all time, so fuck off, he deserves respect for everything he's done for the WWE. Wrestling was his LIFE and you saw it through every match he had, no one showed the passion in their patches like Benoit did... NO ONE. For that, he needs to be always remember. Maybe, just maybe he was a murderer... but did he single handedly change the world of wrestling? Yes.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
What a sucker's way out. I have all the respect for Chris, as a wrestler but as a person he lost major rep points with me after that. Just can't respect look at him the same way now.