The Benoit Family Tragedy

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

eggthief

Reaction score
Whatever happened it still sucks that Benoit is gone now he probably would have been made a champion again, which he completely deserved.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
It's sad to hear that one of the greatest wrestlers ever to step in a WWE ring has died, but it's even sadder to hear that the wrestler commited suicide. Suicide is the cheapest way to go out, especially for a man like Chris.

the dark knight

ok, ill still wait for the news. but i think its 90% true.

if benoit really killed his family then pulled off a kurt cobain, i would lose aaall of my respect for him. and he would be on my hated list.

eggthief

Reaction score
u dont know how bad his life was he could have reached the top of depression

jonnygrooveuk

Reaction score
does anyone know what the song is called on the benoit video at the beginning of raw?

Y2JFan

Reaction score
I don't want this to be true.
I wonder why the police won't say what weapon was used? And I want to know what details make them believe it was murder, suicide as opposed to triple murder. Did he leave a note? What were these text messages he sent to people?
It's going to be a long wait for answers.

If he did do it, he would had to have completely snapped. He was a very intense guy, all about family as many people have said, and if he saw it falling apart, a demented mind could have reasoned that it all needed to be shut down.

It's a strange phenomenon how people can love, value and nurture their children for years, then turn around and kill them. It happens, and it's terribly sad all around if this is true.

When Chavo said that he would trust Benoit with his life and his children, I wonder if he had any clue what suspicions are at this point? I wonder if any of these details were trickling in while they were doing this show last night.

Reaction score
as i was saying in the shoutbox last night, im on vacation in the Atlanta area right now. i got up early today and his story is on the front page of the Local Paper. they said its an apparent Murder Suicide.

ChallyD420

Reaction score
"u dont know how bad his life was he could have reached the top of depression"

dude, if he was that depressed, alright fine, kill yourself. He killed his 7 year old son!! He's a piece of shit, and is rotting away in hell right now. And honestly, how depressed could the bastard have been? He had millions of dollars, 3 lovely children, he was known as a legend in the wrestling world, so many people looked up to him... come on now Benoit.

and I love how people in here are still backing that piece of shit up. It's hard for me to believe that this guy I've been watching on TV for years would do such a fucked up thing, but the fact of the matter is he did it. Benoit straggled his 7 year old son to death, which in my book puts the shit I just took on a higher level then him. I wonder how different this messege board would be if the news was "WWE Superstar Trevor Murdoch kills wife and 7 year old child, then kills himself."

MJ807

Reaction score
Found on another website

A Cousin of a GBI (Georgia Bureau of Investigations) has heard in his circle is that Chris Benoit's wife killed their son Daniel, called Chris and told him to rush home because of an emergency which is why he missed last Sunday's Vengeance PPV. Upon arriving home Benoit killed his wife in a rage for the death of his son and then killed himself Monday morning. His wife's body was found in the master bedroom, strangled with the cord from an alarm clock. The son's body was found in his room apparently suffocated with a garbage bag. Chris then wrote a suicide note explaining what had happened, apologized to his family, his other children (from a separate relationship), and his fans. He then fashioned a slip-knot noose from from rope taken from the garage and hung himself from the banister in the foyer of his suburban Atlanta home.

Reaction score
omg come on guys!! if he even killed his wife and kid do we know why? they were coughing up blood when he went home on Sunday! mabye they were gonna die for sure and they wanted him to kill them, so he did, couldnt stand it, and killed himself. a mercy killing for them. i will always respect Benoit.

Reaction score
the news in my area has reported that he's dead. my mom called me from work when she heard it and woke me up this morning. she said it was reported as a a suicide/ homocide. i thought it was just another angle to get out of the vince death angle, with him breaking the first kayfabe in order to make the second look more real.if this turns out to be fake it's a travesty and whoever did it needs to be caught.

all of you kept saying he wasnt good for the heavyweight title; well now that he's dead im sure all ofyou think otherwise, douche bags

Marvel26

Reaction score
I seriously hope that Benoit did NOT kill his family as he would lose a hell of a lot of fans but most of all...respect!