The Benoit Family Tragedy

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MattHardyV1

Reaction score
* Thread Cleared Up *

Do you want to know what is really sick? That you guys are still feeling sadness and sorrow over his death. When I first found out about this news, I was shocked and was sad that such a Legend like Benoit was dead. Afer discovering it was a double murder-suicide, I figured Nancy must have killed them both and then killed herself. But to find out it was Benoit that did all this, I was shocked.

I would have never expected this from a guy like Benoit. But now most/all details have been revealed, I have zero respect for the man and hope he rots in hell. It is one thing taking your own life (suicide is a coward's way out), but to murder your wife and your SEVEN YEAR OLD SON is fuckin cold. And to do it days apart is even more cold and callous!

It no longer matters how many standing ovations he got throughout his career or the titles he won. The bottom line is, he is a cold, heartless, calculating, MURDERER, who should be mentioned never again on WWE TV.

Not only that, but for many of you to disregard his actions and still refer to him as a legend and say 'R.I.P Chris' is a fuckin joke! Just because he is/was a fan favourite, doesn't mean this can be swept under the carpet! I doubt you would have these feelings for a wrestler you don't partcularly like. Lets just say Scott Hall / Nash / etc, would have done this. Would you still have posted the 'RIP' messages you have? I highly doubt it.

I agree with you 100%.....you people are acting like little kids who still think of Benoit as their "hero" who was the greatest wrestler ever....I quite frankly dont give a fuck if he was a good wrestler any more...he killed his god damn family and that is enough for anyone to see that he was a sick twisted mother fucker...So what if he was a good wrestler man...do any of you have respect for Hitler??The man did a great job with everything he did,but he killed thousands of innocent people...But just because before he did it he did some good in his life,we should respect him??Fuck no.Benoit is an embarrassment to the world of Pro Wrestling.

I have heard plenty of these "I respect Benoit still because of whatr he did for wrestling" well that right there is a fucking joke.If any of you were to turn on the news right now and see some random Artist (for Example) has killed his Wife and his son,followed by himself would any of you respect him for his fucking paintings???Get out of the wrestling world and into the real fucking world..Chris Benoit is nothing more than a sick murderer and he is in ell suffering right now.

Reaction score
he was on Roid Rage, ok? He took some steroids, it got to him, he went on Roid Rage and killed his family. he wasnt in his right mind when he did it. he was, basicly, on drugs. his mind was messed up. i still have respect for him and i still consider him a role model of mine, but i will learn from his mistakes AND NOT TAKE STEROIDS.

LKP

I say we all move on now its starting to do my head in. What he did was wrong, but he was a good wrestler naughty boy benoit now lets all move on.

Oasis

Reaction score
I have heard plenty of these "I respect Benoit still because of whatr he did for wrestling" well that right there is a fucking joke.If any of you were to turn on the news right now and see some random Artist (for Example) has killed his Wife and his son,followed by himself would any of you respect him for his fucking paintings???Get out of the wrestling world and into the real fucking world..Chris Benoit is nothing more than a sick murderer and he is in ell suffering right now.

Yeah i still would respect him for his paintings. Why the fuck should something the guy did after he made something affect what he made, that's gay. That's like saying "Zomg, this guy's paintings are so good *Guy commits double homicide-Suicide* Ahh these paintings all of the sudden fucking suck, i never liked them anyway." That's Blue, yeah i'd no longer respect him as a person, but I'd still think he's a good artist, even commiting a dishonorable act won't change that.

(Yeah that doesn't look right to me, w/e i'll reword it later....)

Nation

I agree with you 100%.....you people are acting like little kids who still think of Benoit as their "hero" who was the greatest wrestler ever....I quite frankly dont give a fuck if he was a good wrestler any more...he killed his god damn family and that is enough for anyone to see that he was a sick twisted mother fucker...So what if he was a good wrestler man...do any of you have respect for Hitler??The man did a great job with everything he did,but he killed thousands of innocent people...But just because before he did it he did some good in his life,we should respect him??Fuck no.Benoit is an embarrassment to the world of Pro Wrestling.

Don't be an idiot. Now there is no way in hell what benoit did was right but it doesn't change the fact that he is one of the greatest wrestlers ever and no im not saying this because he's dead but because he is definately one of the top 15 wrestlers of all time. None of you know what was going through benoit's mind at the time nor do i. So in that case he should not be judged by me or anyone esle. I know Chris wouldn't have done this if he was clean he clearly was taking some kind of drugs. Wait until the toxicology results before you claim as a sick murderer. Now if nothing comes up then you can say whatever you would like. But it still doesn't change his wrestling ability.

Fatal 55

Reaction score
As Vince said last night... it's time to move on! WWE have made the right decision in everything that they have done so far. I don't blame them! So i think for the best of this forum we should carry on with our lives....

Lita_Hardy

Reaction score
I heard today that there is a possibility Chris killed his son with a wrestling move, like a choke hold...I think that he probably accidentally killed his son while wrestling around with him. In grief, he killed his wife so that he would spare her grief over the loss of their son, then, finally, took his own life.

That's what I'm going to believe for now.

Lita_Hardy

Reaction score
* Thread Cleared Up *

Lets just say Scott Hall / Nash / etc, would have done this. Would you still have posted the 'RIP' messages you have? I highly doubt it.

That's all too true..I suppose their is some favoritism going on here.

But isn't that how we are, that we more easily forgive those we like or love, or even refuse to believe the possibility that they could do such a thing?
Look at Scott Peterson's mom. "I know my son, he would never kill Laci."

Reaction score
he killed his wife, and then killed his son. it makes no difference what he has done in the ring or on TV. Wrestling was a job to him. you cannot base what he is like out of the ring based on in the ring. IT JUST HIS FUCKING JOB. he gets paid to be a nice guy. Youd be a nice guy if you made money too. Wrestling is fake. if i get banned for this so be it. I dont want to be on a message board with sick fucks like the ones saying RIP benoit. and ill still respect him. No you wouldnt respect an artist if he killed his family. yes he may have great works. but they would not have the same effect. aswell. hitler has been mentioned. no, no one respects hitler for the smart inovative things he has done. we still use them today, but no one mentions hitler thought of the idea. sure benoit was a great wrestler. i did like watching him. but its a TV show. its a violent primetime drama, nothing more nothing less. He also was not on drugs. wwe.com states that his last test tested negative and authorites at this time at 98% sure no drugs were to be blamed for anything. he place bibles by each of them, that is premeditaded as well as the text messages giving his address, letting them know the dogs were locked up and the unlocked door before he killed himself. It doesnt matter what drove him off the edge. he killed his fucking family people. You would lose all respect for you dad if he killed you and your mother. in a court of law there is no excuse for killing. i myself agree with the likes of 3Lions and others who feel the same way. This is sick. the WWE is right in not mentioning benoit again. he will not make it into the hall of fame. no athlete that commits a major felony makes it into the hall of fame. after this benoit has no place in the hall of fame anyway. a hall of fame isnt anything you make it into for just your ability as an athelte. you get there by what you do on and off the field, in and out of the ring. everything benoit has ever done for anybody had just been wiped away after he murdered his family. i say have a good time in hell chris benoit. RIP Nancy and Daniel.

MattHardyV1

Reaction score
^^^^ + Rep buddy....

Ok all of you little boys need to grow up...take two seconds and think not like a wrestling fan,but like a person....I dont care if the guy did some german suplexes and a flying headbutt....he murdered his son and wife......I never said he wasnt a good wrestler but I dont care about that any fucking more,I dont care if he could put some one in a fucking crossface anyone who still respects Benoit is sick in the head and needs to grow up...Fuck Pro Wrestling we are talking Life and Death here god damnit open your eyes and see that.

LKP

I think everyone has had they're say now i think this thread should be closed and we should all move on.

MattHardyV1

Reaction score
^^Hello this is the biggest thing to happen in ages bro...its somthing we all should be talking about,personally I love arguing about my stance and I love to see peoples responses,If you wanna move on then just dont come back to this thread ok?Ok.

LKP

No but its the same old thing someone says something nice about him then nasty its all copy of the last 9 pages of the thread. I mean how much more can we milk out of this?

Reaction score
this is a message board you dimtwit. people come here to discus what is going on. this thread has turned into a debate if anything. people sharing their views and debating with people and showing points to disprove their views thats a debate. if anything move it to the debate thread. if you close this topic you might as well close the board because that is what these places are made for dicussions and debates, what you think. and like matthardyv1 said. you dont like it dont read if.

LKP

You mean if it was closed we'd have nothing to talk about. Ok benoit killed his wife and kids naughty boy benoit. Its over now we didnt know him in person so why all the talk? Its all over the news etc yeah but its giving the wwe a bad name. If the wwe can pull off a show like this weeks ecw on sci fi every week where we had 2 awesome matches then iam happy with it. Like vince said move on. I mean smackdown matches look and sound good all long matches and good ones. Wrestling on a wrestling show is rare for wwe. Im glad ina way hes gone would we see this much good action otherwise? I think not. In fact dont clsoe this thread like the user above said lets debate about this. And give opinions, here are mine. Iam upset about benoit dying loved his skills in the ring. As a person an asshole now but hes dead and theres nothing we can do about it. Please guys give your opinions.