The Benoit Family Tragedy

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

tasso10

Reaction score
I dont understand how people like that fuckwit can make stuff like that. So disgusting. I hope he rots in hell (the banned guy)

pastavirus

Reaction score
I think its fair that people should poke ridicule at his death. Just try to be respectfull to the innocent people that lost thier lives this week.

Mr. Mat

what the fuck is wrong with you
if i had the power to ban i would ban you

IPOTS II

You should've asked Benoit that question. Then again, i wouldn't suggest that as he would've strangled you, and then placed a bible in your hand for good measure.

Mr. Mat

IPOTS II
You should've asked Benoit that question. Then again, i wouldn't suggest that as he would've strangled you, and then placed a bible in your hand for good measure.

sick son of a bitch your just wrong man

wwe_fanatic

Reaction score
If you don't respect Benoit for what he has done then don't but posting pics like them are just sick you disrespectful son of a bitch.

3lions

Reaction score
* Thread Cleared Up *

Do you want to know what is really sick? That you guys are still feeling sadness and sorrow over his death. When I first found out about this news, I was shocked and was sad that such a Legend like Benoit was dead. Afer discovering it was a double murder-suicide, I figured Nancy must have killed them both and then killed herself. But to find out it was Benoit that did all this, I was shocked.

I would have never expected this from a guy like Benoit. But now most/all details have been revealed, I have zero respect for the man and hope he rots in hell. It is one thing taking your own life (suicide is a coward's way out), but to murder your wife and your SEVEN YEAR OLD SON is fuckin cold. And to do it days apart is even more cold and callous!

It no longer matters how many standing ovations he got throughout his career or the titles he won. The bottom line is, he is a cold, heartless, calculating, MURDERER, who should be mentioned never again on WWE TV.

Not only that, but for many of you to disregard his actions and still refer to him as a legend and say 'R.I.P Chris' is a fuckin joke! Just because he is/was a fan favourite, doesn't mean this can be swept under the carpet! I doubt you would have these feelings for a wrestler you don't partcularly like. Lets just say Scott Hall / Nash / etc, would have done this. Would you still have posted the 'RIP' messages you have? I highly doubt it.

Y2JFan

Reaction score
It would have been so much easier if this was a guy who had very poor character all along, someone we hated, someone who would not surprise anyone by doing something like this. Or even someone we didn't really know much about, someone new.

But this is someone we've watched for so long, someone with deep, personal friendships within the business, with people who who knew him and his character for the last 15 years or so.

This act is completely contradictory to how this man lived the last 20 years of his life.
He loved that child, and obviously loved his wife for years. To go from what he had been for so long, to the person he was over the weekend is absolutely crazy. He had to have lost some serious mental, reasoning capabilities.

I still believe that he had a problem with the idea of his family falling apart, he wouldn't have been willing to accept a divorce and I also believe that once he killed Nancy for whatever reason, he had to make some big decisions regarding the fate of both Daniel and himself.

He knew he would have to go to prison for the rest of his life, as well as live with the shame and ridicule from his close friends, family and fans, destroying everything he had worked so hard to acheive in the last 20 years--he did work his ass off to get where he got in the business, that is not disputable.

With his mother dead and father in prison, being raised by who knows, also being aware of the shameful legacy left by his dad--in Benoit's mangled sick mind he thought it better for Daniel to just leave the world along with them. It was an unfair decision to make for this child, not his place to take away all chances for this boy.

I cannot imagine what was going through his mind when he decided to bind his wife's hands and feet and strangle her.
I cannot imagine how he held himself together long enough to smother his beloved child while he fought for his breath.

The fact that he placed the Bibles indicates that he absolutely knew he was doing the wrong thing and had some level of remorse.
I imagine that during their close friendship, Eddie told him quite a bit about God.

It is so sad to see the images of Chris gently kissing his son while knowing what he ultimately did to him. This is just so tragic on so many levels all around, and I wish the clock could be turned back, that Chris would have made different choices, reached out for help or something.

Once he did what he did to Nancy, there was no going back, and I cannot imagine the agonizing hours he spent with himself as he faced his new reality. In just that instant, after that one act, the last 20 years meant nothing anymore, and the bright future laid before him was gone in a flash. Just too bad, and just so sad.

I agree that WWE, in light of what we now know, should no longer honor or pay tribute to Chris Benoit. By leaving the world in this manner, he changed his legacy from what would have been so honorable to something completely dishonorable.
Just like that.

Y2JFan

Reaction score
By the way, 3lions--I used to be quite active here. I wonder if you can guess who I am? You, Mike Chaos and Mark are a few of the only names I recognize from back in the day.

thug

Reaction score
i think superdork has pretty much sum'd up how ive been feeling for the last couple of days.

the shock i felt when i first read on here about chris and family, i wanted to post then but didnt know how to put into words but the more stuff that came to light the harder it got. i really cant get my head around this, someone ive watched for years that came out night after night did what he had to do and then some, someone even if he wasnt your top superstar you still felt respect for him.

the affect this will have on ppl who worked with him, were friends with him were friends with his family, the friends that cry'd for him on raw, who respected him.

chris you may have had some demons that needed to be put to rest but you didnt need to take 2 other lifes with you to do it and hurt some many ppl.

Great One

Not only that, but for many of you to disregard his actions and still refer to him as a legend and say 'R.I.P Chris' is a fuckin joke! Just because he is/was a fan favourite, doesn't mean this can be swept under the carpet! I doubt you would have these feelings for a wrestler you don't partcularly like. Lets just say Scott Hall / Nash / etc, would have done this. Would you still have posted the 'RIP' messages you have? I highly doubt it.
What... are you saying everything he did for wrestling should be disregarded and he shouldn't be called a legend? That's ridiculous, he should be in the Hall of Fame for sure, for all the blood he spilled and injuries he went through for WRESTLING. Stripping all that for personal reasons is a fucking joke. Benoit will always be a legend in wrestling and respected for what he did for wrestling.