The Batman(2022)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to watching this at home too when I get the chance. I feel like I'll enjoy it even more. Sometimes it's hard for me to relax in the cinema with people around I guess. I like to get fully immersed in films.

Reactions: Apoho Creed

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Wow I just think I just watched my Top 2 favorite Batman Films when it comes to Live Action involving The Caped Crusader. I could of long ago watched long ago a Cam version of the Film but I hanged out like a Monkey to a Branch not to do that and keep away from this Thread once the Film came out. How can I not love this Film I got everything I wanted. Great Action, Story, and Batman actually being a Detective trying to figure out The Riddler and his plans. I called Riddler wanting to bring down the Waynes to get to Bruce and it did to a major degree but he was able to balance himself enough to stop his plans going the way he wanted them to go. I loved that Scene when Batman is saving the people in the Water because it shows the Gotham people starting to believe and trust Batman to save them vs before in the Film they thought of Batman as all about Me outside of Jim Gordon.

I just saw that Deleted Scene Man loved it and I understand why they didn't use it but it helps later on because now you don't need to set up the relationship with Batman and Joker because it's already there to with. Whether it's a Team up or Batman vs Joker I'm here for it!

Reactions: Marty McFourth

King Kota

Live Laugh Love
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
1. I love the way this film was shot the camera angles the lighting the way it looked over the city all of it top notch.

2. Fucking love this movie one of my fav superhero films I seen in a while Patterson to his credit is a good batman (very much dislike him as Bruce Wayne though think him doing the teenage mopey shit was weakest Part of the film and I dont like his hair in it just my thought on thar.

3. Paul Dano is fantastic in this while not your typical traditional Riddler his monolouge was fantastic his mannerisms were so creepy too.

4. Another great role was The Penguin I was definitely pretty confused at casting Collin Ferrell but again a killer job.

5. Matt Reeves made this film feel unlike any other super hero film I ever seen just felt at times like watching a crime drama and I really appreciate that.

6. Jeffery Wright & Andy Serkis great in their roles as well

7. The fucking Easter Egg of Hush fuckkkkk yeahhh. Also Barry As Joker looks cool and I do hope we can see more if DC was smart start the soft reboot around this film.

8. Only other nitpick I have is Gotham being NYC I never got Gotham as NYC always felt it was more Chicago & Pittsburgh vibe.

top notch movie

Last edited:

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
I would say on the rebuttal of people not liking Pattinson on the Bruce side I would say back he's been so dedicated to being Batman for 2 Years he doesn't know how to be Bruce and have that double life. In the Nolan verse you saw Alfred telling Bruce to go out and have fun and Bale being so awkward at times because he was focusing on life as Batman so he couldn't be Bruce Wayne. Which is why Wayne Industries had problems because he wasn't worrying about it rather stopping crime in Gotham. Honestly for me unless they have a planned relationship for Bruce I rather not see too much off Bruce portraying himself to the Gotham people as someone who has it together in his life. Kinda played out to me to do the Ric Flair thing and even though we all dream of a life of no stress and spending dough like Water it doesn't make me want to see it. I always got way more enjoyment seeing Bruce as Batman vs the Billionaire but I understand their needs to be a balance of some kind.

Last edited:

Zany Clowny

AvrilWasRight,EverythingIsSoComplicated
Reaction score
I'm not entirely sure how I feel about The Batman. Something about the last 15 minutes or so really soured it for me, without spoiling too much. I thought Pattinson was the best Bruce Wayne ever, I enjoyed watching him play detective with those up all night crying emo eyes. I would say that the Nolan films are authentic grunge, this is the post Cobain era of rock. It wants to be Nirvana and Pearl Jam, when it's more in the Bush and Seether vein. I know I'm a Colin Farrell mark, he was definitely good, but Turturro went so unbelievably hard in such a played out role. Everyone else was just okay, Catwoman included. Dano as Riddler, I couldn't get the meta of his character out of my mind. I mean, he's an outcast e-celeb with his own 4chan clone site; Riddlerchan maybe, I don't know.

I thought the ending made the case that the Riddler and Bruce aren't too different. That they may have genuine grievances with the cards they've been dealt or society as a whole, but they need to overcome this by overcoming revenge and all that inner turmoil that goes along with that. Within the meta commentary of the movie, it feels like an attempt to acknowledge the politics of those who would post on Riddlers website and offering an alternative path. It's a bit cliche and sort of liberal in a compromising, wet paper bag kinda way but I thought it was interesting.

Pattinson is exactly how I've pictured Bruce Wayne. Like a James Bond type with emotional baggage.
M42hz42.jpg

Last edited:

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
I hope they don't rush into making a sequel with the Joker. He should stay in Arkham in this sequel, have a few visits from Batman, and then become the big bad in #3.

Reactions: Marty McFourth