The Batman(2022)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
Just got back from seeing The Batman. I can safely say this is my favourite Batman movie since Batman Begins & TDK, without a shadow of a doubt. I'd already heard how good the soundtrack was, but man oh man, it was even better hearing it in the cinema with the sound blaring at you. I was super immersed the entire time, so I was really glad about that, as I'm always anxious seeing movies out of my comfort zone.

That's always the sign of a good movie when I can just relax, and forget I'm surrounded by others. Really dug the pacing, tone and atmosphere of this vision.

I thought Robert Pattinson was totally brilliant in the leading role. He's really come in to his own as an actor, and he put a lot of passion in to playing the character. I really liked his take on Bruce Wayne. I'd have to watch the movie again at home, but it's up there with my favourites 100%. It was very interesting take, and unlike any other portrayal I feel. Thought Zoë Kravitz's Catwoman was enjoyable as well. Honestly, all the cast were just great in their own ways. Colin Farrell was totally unrecognisable as Penguin, he blew me away at how good he was, and I already knew he was a competent actor.

I can guarantee if I'd not been reading up about this movie beforehand I wouldn't have had a clue it was him. He really just became the character. They did a great job with the look.

9/10 for me, it was very close to being a 10 and I didn't mind them favouring other aspects than action in this one. The detective style and slower pace was quite suited to my tastes. It worked, and they pulled it off well.

Go see this film, you won't regret it. :Clap:

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
If anything Colin Farrell has always been underrated because he did one or two shitty movies.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
If anything Colin Farrell has always been underrated because he did one or two shitty movies.
I agree. He was the best part of True Detective S2, and the only reason I kept watching it. He's been good for a while. Loved him in In Bruges & Phone Booth too. Seeing a lot of praise for his performance in this movie, so that is making me very happy. Much deserved.

Y2Jayne

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
I agree. He was the best part of True Detective S2, and the only reason I kept watching it. He's been good for a while. Loved him in In Bruges & Phone Booth too. Seeing a lot of praise for his performance in this movie, so that is making me very happy. Much deserved.
He was great in The Gentlemen too.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
Colin Farrell is also really good in The Lobster, The Killing of a Sacred Deer, and Seven Psychopaths.

Y2Jayne

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA

Marty McFourth

Reaction score

A new deleted scene for Matt Reeves’ The Batman reveals more about the director’s version of the Dark Knight (Robert Pattinson), including his relationship with The Joker (Barry Keoghan). The scene is today’s prize of the “rataalada” puzzle, a secret website used in the movie’s marketing campaign.

Fans of The Batman who log in to the rataalada website today will face three new riddles they must solve to get to the deleted scene. The first riddle reads, “To wit: a wild card in the truest sense,” with the answer being “Joker.” Then, the “Once you've been set up, it hits you at the end. Straight on.” The riddle demands the audience to correctly answer “Punchline.” Finally, the last question reads, “It's not a joke, but sometimes you need to shout it twice to really mean it,” and asks for the answer “Ha.” The order of the riddles is randomized for each user, but the same three questions will always appear to anyone trying the game.

Answering the three questions correctly leads fans to a five-minute-long deleted scene in which Batman visits the Joker in Arkham Asylum, asking the villain’s help to understand how the Riddler (Paul Dano) thinks. The scene happens before Batman arrests the Riddler, which leads to the film’s epic conclusion. And it makes sense that the scene got cut from the theatrical version of the film, as it anticipates some of the story’s biggest reveals concerning The Riddler’s true identity.

In the film's theatrical cut, Keoghan's version of the Clown Prince of Crime only shows up in the last scenes, when the Joker greets the Riddler once the puzzle master gets to Arkham Asylum. Now, the deleted scene expands on Reeves’ universe, showing how Batman already met the Joker before the film's events. As the scene implies, the Joker is in Arkham Asylum after being arrested by the Batman, and the two have already started to develop their complicated relationship. The scene also allows us to take a better look at the disfigured body of Keoghan's Joker, including a nasty scar that cuts his right cheek open, which seems to be inspired by Heath Ledger’s take on the villain.

The Batman's cast includes Zoë Kravitz as the thief Catwoman, Colin Farrell as the Penguin, Andy Serkis as Wayne's butler Alfred Pennyworth, Jeffrey Wright as Commissioner Gordon, and John Turturro as Carmine Falcone. The story will take place in “Year Two” of Bruce Wayne being Batman, when the vigilante has already gained the trust of Gotham’s citizens but is still getting used to fighting supervillains.

Warner Bros. was so confident in The Batman’s success that the company has already confirmed two spin-off series coming to HBO Max to expand on the film's lore before The Batman was even released. The first will focus on Arkham Asylum, while the second will explore Farrell’s incarnation of The Penguin. The bet paid off, as The Batman already crossed $300 million in the domestic box office.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Shit man. I can’t believe they released that scene so soon. But more brilliance in my opinion. It seems this Joker has chemical burns. His look is the most terrifying yet. I also love his voice. I can’t believe Barry Koeghan who played Druig in Eternals is playing Joker now. Shits crazy. Can’t wait to see more of him in the future.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
The-Batman-Makes-a-Dark-Knight-More-Interesting-Than-His-Villains.jpg

In its third weekend out, box office receipts for The Batman fell by almost half compared to last week but still managed to push it past fellow DC blockbuster Justice League's total worldwide theatrical gross. The Matt Reeves-helmed title exceeded market expectations, raking in $25.3 million to come in second behind Sandra Bullock-starting debut The Lost City, which netted $31 million and knocked The Batman off the top earnings spot for the first time since its release.

Overall, Robert Pattinson's first venture as the Caped Crusader has brought in $340.9 internationally and $331.9 ($672.8 combined). That's just a hair over 2016's Justice League's $657.9. Counting for inflation, of course, the Zack Snyder epic still maintains a slight edge.

Still, it has a ways to go before surmounting recent pre-COVID DC releases such as Wonder Woman ($822 million), Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice ($873.6), The Dark Knight ($1 billion), Joker ($1.07 billion), The Dark Knight Rises ($1.08 billion), and Aquaman ($1.14 billion). The Batman is also comfortably atop the 2022 earnings leader board, with Chinese blockbuster Water Gate Bridge sitting behind it with $626.2 million.

Featuring Pattinson as a deeply emo version of the classic character along with Paul Dano as the Riddler, Zoë Kravitz as Catwoman, Colin Farrell as the Penguin, Jeffrey Wright as Commissioner Gordon, and a blink-and-you-miss-it appearance by Barry Keoghan as someone, The Batman has benefited from strong reviews and a lack of competition in its first weeks out. Typical of most critics, Collider's Ross Bonaime wrote, "Reeves has made the best Batman film since The Dark Knight, with a captivating and rich world that reinvigorates characters we’ve already seen on screen over and over again." It currently enjoys an 85% Rotten Tomatoes rating.

The Batman's numbers, along with The Lost City's strong first-weekend showing, adds to the generally encouraging trends we're seeing at theaters. So long as COVID case numbers hover at a somewhat manageable low, it seems, consumers are in the market for bold, loud escapism with strong Rotten Tomatoes ratings. We'll have to see if audiences carry that forward with any of this week's upcoming titles, including Jared Leto's turn as a vampire antihero in Morbius, the Chris Pine vehicle The Contractor, and darker, smaller release efforts including Barbarians, Nitram, and You Won't Be Alone.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
The Batman is coming home. The latest entry in the Caped Crusader’s movie canon, which introduces Robert Pattinson as Batman, Zoë Kravitz as Catwoman, Paul Dano as The Riddler, and Collin Farrell as The Penguin, will be available to stream on HBO Max starting on April 18.

This streaming release is just the start of WarnerMedia’s plans for The Batman and its universe. The series also has at least two spinoffs in the works, one following the criminal rise of Oswald Cobblepot, aka The Penguin, and another about the various inmates of Arkham Asylum. Of course, with The Batman’s theatrical success, there’s also a good chance of a sequel in the future, and while director Matt Reeves has shared a deleted scene with a new villain, there’s been no word on a follow-up film just yet.

The Batman was released in theaters on March 4 and lavished with praise from just about everyone. So far in its theatrical run, The Batman has raked in more than $350 million domestically and nearly $750 million at the international box office. Perhaps even more impressively, the movie came in fifth at the U.S. box office last weekend, over a month after its release.

This quick turnaround to streaming is part of WarnerMedia’s new 45-day plan, which will see its theatrical releases hit its HBO Max streaming service 45 days after their debut in theaters. The 45-day window is an attempt to find a balance between the monthslong windows that theaters used to insist on and WarnerMedia’s disastrous 2021 strategy of releasing movies on streaming and in theaters on the same day.

Reactions: Chris

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Good because it seemed like I missed the party being so busy with work and being distracted by Wrestling, TV, and other Movies. Now I can see it and go streaking after the Movie.

Last edited:

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I look forward to watching this at home so I can adjust the brightness so I can actually see the movie.....my theater had more lighting than the movie lol