The Batman(2022)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
Official Catwoman theme for your listening pleasure. All of the music dropping for this has been so good.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
It is hard to believe that we are only a week away from The Batman finally hitting theaters and one of the most exciting elements leading up to the release of the film has been director Matt Reeves and composer Michael Giacchino slowly teasing the musical score. If hearing the themes for Robert Pattinson’s Batman, Zoë Kravitz’s Catwoman, and Paul Dano’s The Riddler was not enough to hold you over until the film comes out, Reeves has announced that the entire soundtrack is now available to listen to.

Reeves took to his Twitter to make the announcement telling fans to “turn the volume up” as all 29 tracks of the musical score have dropped. The first 3 character themes that were previously released set the stage for an extremely atmospheric experience that combined the emotionally thrilling feel of Hans Zimmer’s Dark Knight Trilogy score with the euphoric whimsy of Danny Elfman’s sound and mixes in Shirley Walker’s tragic vibe from The Animated Series for good measure. All the while sounding hauntingly unique in its own right and that killer combination bleeds into the rest of Giacchino's score. There are a lot of different elements at play here like eerie piano keys, an abundance of startling sounds almost as if Batman was dropped into a horror movie like The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, some hints of jazz, and satisfyingly gothic undertones that have become synonymous with this brooding character.

Reeves and the great ensemble cast have talked about this film in the past like it was a pseudo horror movie, and it is great to hear the sound embracing that tone while still giving us what we have come to love from The Dark Knight. At least from a score perspective. Also, a lot of the tracks' titles playfully tease certain story or character elements like “Mayoral Ducting,” “Penguin of Guilt," “The Great Pumpkin Pie,” “Meow and You and Everyone You Know,” and “An Im-purr-fect Murder.” The latter two of which are obviously humorous puns involving Catwoman.

The best soundtracks can tell a story without the images to back them up and Giacchino’s emotionally well-balanced score is a fine example of that. There are so many questions surrounding this new Batman adventure, even with a week to go until the film’s release. For example, what is The Riddler’s endgame, or how is Bruce Wayne and his family connected to this puzzling adversary’s mission? However, the one definitive answer we do have at the moment is that Giacchino absolutely delivers with The Batman score. Giacchino had an insanely tough challenge given that this is the tenth Batman film in just over 30 years' time and when it seemed like everything had been done regarding the character, the composer arguably gives his best score to date.

• Love
Reactions: Apoho Creed

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Alright so the review embargo for The Batman just dropped and they are VERY positive. Some are calling it a masterpiece, greatest Batman movie ever, greatest comic book movie ever, spectacular, rich, engrossing, etc. Robert Pattinson, Paul Dano, and Zoe Kravitz are all getting heaps of praise for their roles as well. Of course there's some negative reviews but that's to be expected with any movie. The vast majority of reviews are positive to extremely positive.

Now with my excitement at an all-time high, the only thing left is to see the movie. I have my tickets for tomorrow at 7:00 in IMAX so I can't fuckin wait. Obviously I'll leave my review here shortly after.

Last edited:

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Very nice to see, just furthers my hype really. Seen a lot saying it's just as good as The Dark Knight which I absolutely adore. Everything they dropped has looked good, and I'll definitely be seeing this in cinema. It's worth the experience, although it's going to be insanely packed. This movie is going to smash the box office this year, no doubt about it.

Reactions: Sabretooth

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Alright here we are. I just got out of my screening of The Batman. It’s been a long time coming lol.

So I loved this movie BUT I will caution: it does move slowly so if you’re someone who is impatient then this might not be for you. This movie explores the detective Batman more than any other movie. It’s a true character study that’s not very heavy on the action but make no mistake the action scenes we do get are great. The acting all around is basically impeccable. Robert Pattinson portrays this broken Batman perfectly but has the right amount of sweetness when it counts. Zoe Kravitz is sexy and mysterious as Catwoman. Paul Dano only gets one scene maskless as Riddler but he’s terrifying. Colin Farrell might steal the show as his unrecognizable Penguin. And I was wrong about Andy Serkis as Alfred. He’s great. This movie takes it time but it delivers a thorough explanation of Batman and Gotham as a whole. By the end you get an amazing picture of who this man is and how he needs to fix his broken city. We have a myriad of characters to continue exploring going forward and to flesh out this world way more.

Ultimately I still can’t say this was better than the Dark Knight but it may be the best TRUE Batman story ever put to screen. I will say that the character does need to evolve next time around as they can’t tell this type of story again but for the first time around this movie is a great early years Batman who’s still needing to figure out what he needs to be.

So that’s my review. Go see it guys. It’s great.

Last edited:

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Amazing review, Sabs. Everything you said sounds perfect to me, I'm glad they are leaning more in to the detective style Batman. The slow pace would suit me well. Looking forward to it.

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
Seeing it in 20 hours. I have high hopes for it but I still hope Affleck will reconsider someday.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Seeing it in 20 hours. I have high hopes for it but I still hope Affleck will reconsider someday.
I quite liked his Bruce Wayne as well. Sadly for Affleck he was just in the worst batch of movies they released, but the Snyder Cut was good.

Y2Jayne

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
I quite liked his Bruce Wayne as well. Sadly for Affleck he was just in the worst batch of movies they released, but the Snyder Cut was good.
He was surprisingly good. Definitely better than Bale for me. l believe people tend to overrate him because the movies were good.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
“The Batman,” Matt Reeves’ pitch-black take on the oft-told story of the billionaire who became a costumed crime fighter, earned a muscular $21.6 million in Thursday previews. The superhero reboot is eyeing a debut of $100 million or more, buoyed by good reviews and interest in Robert Pattinson’s take on the title role. The former “Twilight” heartthrob plays both Batman and his alter ego Bruce Wayne, joining a long list of actors who have donned the cape and cowl that includes Christian Bale, Michael Keaton, Ben Affleck, Val Kilmer and, infamously, George Clooney — unlike Clooney, Pattinson’s costume doesn’t have nipples and a prodigious codpiece.

“The Batman” is a big bet for Warner Bros. and its DC Films division. All that grit, grime and urban rot doesn’t come cheap, and bringing Gotham City and its most famous vigilante to life on screen cost a massive $200 million. That doesn’t include the tens of millions more in marketing and distribution costs. The good news is that some box office prognosticators believe $100 million is on the low-end of things and think “The Batman” has a shot of collecting at least $140 million in its first three days of release. If it does, “The Batman” will be only the second movie since COVID hit to cross the $100 million mark in a single weekend, joining Sony’s “Spider-Man: No Way Home,” which opened last December to a monumental $260 million. Not even a pandemic can keep audiences away from comic book movies.

In addition to Pattinson, “The Batman” stars Paul Dano as the Riddler, Zoe Kravitz as Catwoman, Andy Serkis as Batman’s butler Alfred Pennyworth, and an unrecognizable Colin Farrell as an obese crime lord known as Penguin. Warner Bros. is hoping that fans will flip for Reeves’ take on the comic book saga, giving them another valuable franchise to compete with Marvel.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
This movie was any longer....would be almost impossible to draw a $100 mil in a weekend......theaters around the country would only be able to show it like maybe 2-3 times before closing time.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Y2Jayne

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
Solid 8/10
I enjoyed pretty much everything except the action scenes which were pretty average despite what I've read online. Although that was not the main focus of the movie and I really didn't care if they didn't destroy half the city or top Batman's fight in BvS.
I have to admit even Kravitz was tolerable in this one. And that main theme is one filthy earworm.
But even though I didn't get bored for a second, it really was a three hour long movie and I'm not sure I will watch it as often as Batman Returns.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
The Batman is crushing it at the Box Office as many expected. Great to see.

It is finally opening weekend for Matt Reeves’ highly anticipated The Batman and so far it is off to a killer start at the box office. The film has already grossed $57 million on Friday and is on track for an impressive domestic opening weekend of $120-130 million, but now the international box office numbers for this superhero epic are starting to come in, and they are just as good. According to Deadline, the latest Batman big-screen adventure has made $54 million through Friday in 74 global markets and is speeding towards an international opening weekend total of over $110 million.

The film started its international run early this past Tuesday in Korea before expanding to 73 more markets on Friday. In that market alone it made $26 million so far on 30,218 screens. On top of that, Korea has added $3.52 million to that current total on Saturday which is impressive given that they are currently dealing with an Omicron variant spike.

Other notable markets include the UK where the film has made $6.4 million as of Friday which is also its second-highest opening day since the pandemic began. If you include previews, then it bumps that number up to $6.7 million and this gross is ahead of films like Joker, The Dark Knight, and the recent Sci-Fi epic Dune. However, we all know by now that Dune was severely hindered by its HBO Max/theatrical same day and date release from WB.

Spain also is off to a good start with $1.2 million on 1,103 screens and that is on par with The Dark Knight and nearly double the opening of Dune. Like the UK, this is the second-biggest opening day for the region during the pandemic. Other highlights include The Batman making $5.2 million in Mexico, $4.6 million in Brazil, $4.4 million in France, and $4 million in Australia.

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
I loved every second of this movie. It was everything that I had hoped it would be and more.

The whole cast was phenomenal and the soundtrack was excellent.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Really happy to hear so much praise for this movie. I was hoping you guys would enjoy it. I'll be seeing it myself next week and I'm stoked. Not been to the cinema for a while now. Glad it's for a new Batman. :)