The Animal Batistas Return Advertised

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
So who can Batista really face?

Cena - there's history
Punk - works in with the Trips storyline
Brock - he said it himself, and they never really got the chance
Taker - Happened before. Not big on this idea
Bryan - Superstar of the year, good way to solidify him as your #2 guy if he beats Cena's former, only real #2
Orton - history, pretty good potential, though not much of a money feud without an awesome build
Reigns - Could be something like what they initially teased us with Kane, and a great way for the young buck to make a name for himself
Big E - Young, up and coming, built like a fortress... pretty interesting matchup just off physical appearance and ability alone but Big E not there yet
Trips - I mean, Trips WILL have a match. Dave could be as good as anyone for him to face... but is Trips the guy you want Dave to face? Nah

Who else?

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I wouldn't be against them saving for after mania since I can agree with that just doesn't seem like they will do that.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
So who can Batista really face?

Cena - there's history
Punk - works in with the Trips storyline
Brock - he said it himself, and they never really got the chance
Taker - Happened before. Not big on this idea
Bryan - Superstar of the year, good way to solidify him as your #2 guy if he beats Cena's former, only real #2
Orton - history, pretty good potential, though not much of a money feud without an awesome build
Reigns - Could be something like what they initially teased us with Kane, and a great way for the young buck to make a name for himself
Big E - Young, up and coming, built like a fortress... pretty interesting matchup just off physical appearance and ability alone but Big E not there yet
Trips - I mean, Trips WILL have a match. Dave could be as good as anyone for him to face... but is Trips the guy you want Dave to face? Nah

Who else?
Sheamus if he is going to be back soon is a guy I guess you can add to that though I don't know you make that work story wise.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Sheamus if he is going to be back soon is a guy I guess you can add to that though I don't know you make that work story wise.
Sheamus wants a fight?

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I know Dave is apparently getting a huge downside, but raise your hand if you think he's voluntarily missing manias payoff?

I appreciate the word choice by Bryan, Luke, I appreciate it lol

Last edited:

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I know Dave is apparently getting a huge downside, but raise your hand if you think he's voluntarily missing manias payoff?

I appreciate the worse choice by Bryan, Luke, I appreciate it lol
Brock did.

Doubt he is not getting a Mania like check for Extreme Rules or something like that.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Brock had a whole UFC buyout to work thru and wouldn't have worked live events in January, February and March. Its a total different scenario, as he could've made an appearance, but they couldn't hype his return or would have used him for multiple appearances like with Dave. I'm just saying I doubt Dave doesn't want that piece of cake unless they are giving him more of the extreme rules pie than anyone else.

I wouldn't mind Batista getting trips just because its rare to have a guy trips has never beaten, but I personally want Dave vs Brock live without kiddy gloves and 20 plus minutes ... Some Flair and Heyman fuckery outside is a plus

Last edited:

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
I appreciate the word choice by Bryan, Luke, I appreciate it lol
LOL it's not debatable haha. Thought I've liked a couple of your posts where you said it.

Reactions: SAIYANS

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Backstage News on How Long Batista Will Be Back For, His Return on RAW

WWE announced the return of Big Dave Batista to WWE. He will be returning on the Raw prior to the Royal Rumble, wrestling on that show, and likely winning the event and going on to face Randy Orton at WrestleMania. Batista, who will turn 45 just prior to his re-debut, left the company several years ago due to his disappointment in the PG direction. He has been doing movie roles of late including Guardians of the Galaxy. The idea is that this is not a one-time Mania deal, but rather a "last run" that could go as long as two years, with the exception of time this summer spent promoting his film. He is said to be in great shape, although he has been plagued for years by muscle tears, and at 45, we should cross our fingers that he makes it through this last run unscathed.

F4W

2 years even if its on a Rock schedule like when he first went to Hollywood in 01 :mark:

That's one rumor I like. Its best for the business, best for the title, and best for the viewer. Now that also opens up chances for multiple opponents

Last edited:
Reactions: Embrace Thou Maryse

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Whoa WWE announced all that?

I can imagine that presser.

"We gots Batista, he will win Rumble"

How long is this run?

"About two years.......fingers crossed .....cuz he old"

Reactions: SAIYANS

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Lmao that summed it up well. Think they are going with Dave always saying if he returned it would be for a last run and not a one off or 3 month burst.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
The test for someone like Batista is the same as that for the Warrior when he returned or Goldberg, and that is can he sustain interest outside of squashes or over a number of months?

A couple of appearances is fine, but he shouldn't be winning the rumble, and I doubt that rumour has much to it.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Batista proved himself by stealing the show with Taker, HBK, Edge, Cena....He was alot more than squash matches like Warrior or Goldberg. He was a great talent, and hpefully he can live up to the track record he left behind.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
The test for someone like Batista is the same as that for the Warrior when he returned or Goldberg, and that is can he sustain interest outside of squashes or over a number of months?

A couple of appearances is fine, but he shouldn't be winning the rumble, and I doubt that rumour has much to it.
Batista need squashes? You better look up a fucking episode of sd or a ppv match or something.

Watch him vs MVP, Burke, Morrison, Edge, Rey, HBK, anyone

Reactions: Embrace Thou Maryse