The Animal Batistas Return Advertised

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Yeah they had the best match of the night that night, but would they of had that match if they main event? Cause I’ve head interviews from Dave and Taker that they went out and killed themselves because they were pissed that they weren't main eventing.
Couldn't they have just as easily had the best match if given more time because by that logic, they wanted to prove why they were main eventing over Cena and Taker?

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Thanks for the support Chris but I did see that response coming.

To be clear I was saying that the big appeal of Batista is his impressive look, and the big power moves, so unless you have a very good storyline which is booked to suit him such as with the HHH feud or the Cena feud (where he was kinda of playing himself), and a talented worker then the fans do start to lose interest.
When have the fans ever lost attention? I just want to know short of him going to ecw where he and Cena got shit on in the ballroom. They never turned on him, and they always box office, TV set, and live event supported him. I mean god for a multi month stretch SmackDown was selling out and averaging over. 3mil viewers with him facing MVP, Kennedy, Lashley, Noble, Khali, Morrison, and. Burke. He never had people like Randy or Cena cat calling them for the hell of it

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
I never understood how he got that nickname, the guy barely if ever botched, I've seen more screw ups from the likes of Punk, Bryan, etc. and Indy gods like Steen than Batista ever did.

I like the guy but he used to botch all the time.

Nothing major to ruin the whole flow of the match like a Sabu or Sin Cara, but I don't think I've ever seen him perform his finisher effortlessly.

In fact, he might just be the least convincing big man out there. He just doesn't have any strength despite his frame, which tells me he is 100% made from steroids.

Wahtever though, he's a legit big star and still has fun matches. I'm a fan of car crash TV so put him against Ryback and let the blind lead the blind.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Don't see how he fell flat on his face when seriously damn near every other post is a diss guys who came from ROH and anyone who could be a fan of them. There was little reason for you to make that kind of post in here when Keith's post had nothing to do with "Batista can't wrestle because he is a big guy and didn't come from ROH" If you're going to push this agenda at least push it at a time where it makes sense. You're no better than any indy smarky fan who would have the he is a big muscle guy who can't work as good as a ROH guy deal with your anti anybody who ever came from the indies deal.

Again I never said it was WS having a shot at Batista. But alot of people do write him off just because he's big. Not that hard a concept to grasp.

I never knew that this forum was a separate entity of wrestling fans, that have nothing to do with other fans and dont know about them...

Reactions: SAIYANS

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Again I never said it was WS having a shot at Batista. But alot of people do write him off just because he's big. Not that hard a concept to grasp.

I never knew that this forum was a separate entity of wrestling fans, that have nothing to do with other fans and dont know about them...
I wasn't just talking WS either was talking period but a comment on this forum did prompt you to say that. I got the point you made and my response is you writing off guys just cause they are smaller and came from ROH is no better than those people who write off Batista because he is big and didn't come from the indies.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I like the guy but he used to botch all the time.

Nothing major to ruin the whole flow of the match like a Sabu or Sin Cara, but I don't think I've ever seen him perform his finisher effortlessly.

In fact, he might just be the least convincing big man out there. He just doesn't have any strength despite his frame, which tells me he is 100% made from steroids.

Wahtever though, he's a legit big star and still has fun matches. I'm a fan of car crash TV so put him against Ryback and let the blind lead the blind.
I can agree he gathered himself a lot more than most bigs appear to when doing his if shire, but I rather that and working the next night than Nash

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Source: F4WOnline.com

In an update on Dave Batista's future with WWE, it's being reported that Batista will not just be coming back for a short time or even just part-time. The former World Champion is expected to stick around for maybe a few more years, although he is expected to take some time off around the summer to promote his movie.

So as of right now, "The Animal" is expected to have a full-time run with WWE for a couple years.

Just more confirmation, Trips scored big again at a negotiating table :HHH2:

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
All I have to add to this is that me not rating Batista has nothing to do with his size or wrestling style, I have rated many big guys over the years, Vader, Big Boss Man, The Giant, Kane, The Undertaker and Bam Bam Bigelow for examples. And if someone is good in ring and able to work an entertaining and convincing match then it doesn't matter to me what style of wrestling they are producing.

The reason I don't rate Batista is because he is poor wrestler, with a bland personality and weak promo skills, but of course all of that is just my opinion.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
All I have to add to this is that me not rating Batista has nothing to do with his size or wrestling style, I have rated many big guys over the years, Vader, Big Boss Man, The Giant, Kane, The Undertaker and Bam Bam Bigelow for examples. And if someone is good in ring and able to work an entertaining and convincing match then it doesn't matter to me what style of wrestling they are producing.

The reason I don't rate Batista is because he is poor wrestler, with a bland personality and weak promo skills, but of course all of that is just my opinion.

Just out of curiousity, how many 5'9 guys from ROH do you actually rate?

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Just out of curiousity, how many 5'9 guys from ROH do you actually rate?

No idea off the top of my head. Just so that you know I am not as high on their product as a once was.

Reactions: Chris

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

Will never understand why wwe don't run these type of video packages for guys when they aren't on a raw or sd that night. It would do wonders to keep guys implanted in people's head even on an off night and their production isn't matched at all

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Damn it face Dave is killing heel Dave in the wwe.com poll ... They want him as a face.

I wish he could blend the heel aspects and dress in a face character

Nate

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
homicide
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Damn it face Dave is killing heel Dave in the wwe.com poll ... They want him as a face.

I wish he could blend the heel aspects and dress in a face character

I'm willing to bet that at least 80% of those voting for a face Batista want him to destroy Cena. Lord knows that heel Batista would get his ass kicked by the likes of Dolph Ziggler, let alone Cena.

Let's face it, Batista being a douchebag on the mic was probably the best thing he's done. He was only fun as a face when he was making Triple H his bitch.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
The fans never did turn on his face act where he just fucked people up. But that's an exaggeration, as a heel he took the likes of Rey and made him a chew toy, so Ziggles may pass as a diva with that hair