TNA Television Ratings

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
PWInsider said:
The 5/31 edition of Impact, live in its new 8 p.m. timeslot, did a 0.89 rating with 1,296,000 viewers. I had said that TNA should be happy if the rating went up 20%. They definitely won't be happy that it dropped about 10 percent.

Ouch

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Pretty sure this'll be because of hour 1 starting early and people forgetting.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Probably could be the new timeslot, but still a fail. :lmao TNA will be dead in a few years. Give up Dixie you spud.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I did not expect that at all, 0.9 is a terrible rating. The earlier timeslot was supposed to be good for TNA since according to Dixie there is less competition and live should have drawn in more viewers. Breakdowns will be key for this, if the first hour is 0.7 then it will be because fans forgot about the show. Not a good start at all for TNA.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
PWInsider said:
The 6/7 edition of Impact did a 0.98 rating with 1,252,000 viewers. That is up from last week's 0.89.

Slight improvement

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Yeah slight improvement but still funny to see they cannot get above the 1.0 rating even when they've gone live. People have prob got sick of TNA.

scottcs88

Reaction score
umm You do know the play offs are on right? it's even effecting wwe ratings.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
umm You do know the play offs are on right? it's even effecting wwe ratings.

Of course I do but WWE are still getting their usual rating range (between 2.7 and 3.2) and so are TNA (between 0.8 and 1.0). That's the rating range TNA got even when the NBA finals weren't on. If people want to watch TNA, they will. Especially with it going live it'd at least be a bit up wouldn't you think? Especially last weeks when they first went live. TNA is a piece of shit company. Face it.

scottcs88

Reaction score
and so is wwe. if you watched impact for past 2 months tna has been at its best. and no people wont watch. Play offs are more important then wwe and TNA, and no wwe have been down why do you think vince is in panic mode. I am sure once play offs are over then the ratings would be back to normal if not a little better for both companies .

and btw ratings were

Thursday's Live Impact Wrestling drew a 0.99 television rating. This number is slightly above the 0.89 rating it drew last week. Impact averaged 1.25 million viewers.The time change has certainly not helped the ratings, but TNA expects it will continue to rise in the coming weeks as fans get used to the switch. from wrestezone so it was a little bet then .98 .1 is not a big deal but still better :D

Last edited:

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Good to see that they are back to what Impact did two weeks ago before the switch to live but live really should be bringing in more ratings. Once the playoffs are over and when more people remember that it starts an hour early we should get a better indication of whether the move has drawn in more viewers. It would be good to find even just an hour by hour breakdown to see if fans aren't tuning in early because of the new start time but I couldn't find a ratings breakdown last week.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I thought they moved an hour earlier to avoid the competition?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
NBA starts at 8:30 EST, Impact at 8, doesn't avoid it too much, but yeah, I think they was the idea.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
TNA Impact Wrestling star Sting recently appeared on the Busted Open Radio Show and had the following to say about the low rating that the debut live edition of Impact Wrestling took in on 5/31:

It wasn't fairly low. It completely sucked. From what I heard it was one of the worst ones we have had in a long time. That's fuel for the fire for you guys. I know it is. It's one of those times when you have to go 'oh my god!' You can't win for losing. I believe no one really knew that we were eight o'clock instead of nine o'clock. We were up against the NBA. I'm sorry but it was a double whammy. The very first week on a new time slot, and I just don't believe anyone really knew.

I think it's going to be a while before they catch on. I'm saying this publicly for the first time so if Dixie hears this, it's ok. I told Bruce Prichard this...that first week I don't know what it was..me and Bobby had a great reaction, but the live buzz didn't seem like it was right. I couldn't put a finger on it. Then as the rest of the night went on I was asking around 'where's the buzz?' and everyone was in agreement. Then I started to think, we do all of the TV tapings here, we do most of our PPV's here, so it just felt like another TV taping even though we were live. But last night for some reason had a live buzz to it for the whole show. So I'm hoping this momentum will be picked up.

And this is why you should have signed with WWE.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I thought they moved an hour earlier to avoid the competition?

I think that once NBA Playoffs are over there won't be any sports competition for them

And this is why you should have signed with WWE.

TNA should have spent more time promoting the new timeslot two weeks ago instead of promoting the debut of Brooke Hogan