Straight Edge Lifestyle

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Fatal 55

Reaction score
Same here...I started Wieght lifting with my friend who's a body builder...and I Wrestle and play Soccer...So Drugs and shit would ruin' that all...and thats just stupid...

Yet again being pretty stereotypical...

You say Drinking & taking drugs would ruin it all.... WTF is that meant 2 mean

Not 2 sound like a prick or anything here... BUT! i've been drinking like for the last year now (I'm not bragging about this) but i still am in allright physical condition, & am the nearest thing from a Fat ass you'll ever see!

I play Football (as u say Soccer...) a few times a week & train @ the Gym whenever i can. Basically ur just thinking if you take drugs & start drinking you can't play sports!

& i've had enough of these 15 year olds claiming there Straight Edge... wait till there 18 then see what they say!

Claiming you're Straight Edge when youre younger than 18 is moronic IMO because you're not meant to be drinking & taking drugs in the first place! Guess what when i was 15 i was the same, i didn't drink atall & i thought i was going to be like that all my life, but when the opportunity arose i started to & now, My life's been much better ever since. I've been able 2 meet new people & really enjoy spending time with my friends much more.

Most here are just claiming 2 be Straight edge because the opportunity hasn't arrived yet... & are using it as an excuse...

Yet again, i'm not trying to sound like a stuck up twat but it's the truth...

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
^^ Agreed. I was 18 the first time I got drunk, but I never said that I didn't drink before that. Since I really didn't like it I don't drink now and I'm 22. So, when you're of legal age to drink and you don't....then you can claim to be straight edge.

Also, with the "drugs and alcohol will ruin" things. Moderation is key. If you smoke a joint, your not going to go crazy and kill your wife and son. Quit acting like if you even touch it bad things will happen.

FlamesofFury

Reaction score
The little place in the back of your mind that you
When I was your age (15-17 I guess) I was like no way am I ever gonna touch drugs or booze. When there were parties, I attended, but I didn't do anything.

I don't keep in touch or have the phone numbers of many of my friends at school right now because I know they are going to call me up and say "Hey man there is a party at ______'s house you want to come over". That is eliminating the temptation. And if my girlfriend starts doing that shit then I am going to dump her. I try to eliminate as much as that in my life, because I know that the first time Drinking or Smoking is the best crave or high you will have because you never got used to it and then you are hooked.

Fatal 55

Reaction score
& before every 1 says i've given into Peer pressure...

Nearly every time i go out with my m8s atleast some1 offers me a fag, & every time i say no... Drinking doesn't fuck you up as much IMO so Why Not!

For the record... No 1 here should label them selves as Straight Edge if there under 18...

Fatal 55

Reaction score
Why not?? That is the age where you will get the most pressure to try to take your first smoke or take your first drink. Everybody from 14-18 that hasn't smoked or had a drink.

Because half the people here who claim 2 be Straight Edge probably have never had the choice to start drinking or smoking & in the procees just call themselves it.

Once they do get the chance then half of them will start drinking very much like i did.

The only thing is i didn't go around boasting about the fact that i didn't drink when i was 14/15 or nor do i now boast that i do.

NooDLE

Reaction score
Straight edge is overrated, drinking and drugs are more fun.

icebox

Reaction score
ok 1st @ JDawg... i wasnt making fun of you i like that banner. i was half serious.

2nd @ icebox. you say we dont have a sense of fun and youre sense of fun is better than ours. so basicly youre saying that, ruining your body is fun even if youre "not addicted." there is ALWAYS a chance you will get addicted. so, if you get addicted and ruin your life... just remember how it all started.

not trying to be rude,but if you had actually read what i said you would have realised that is not what i was saying.
I dont think it's more fun, thats why i said " but we all know that isnt true".

and i never once mentioned not being addicted either...

the whole point of what i said was the it doesnt make a difference whether your straight edge of not,

Fatal 55

Reaction score
^^^ no but ive seen the effects and i want to stop myself before i every havea chance to get started.

So the affects of having a few drinks on a friday & saturday night ar large are they! gimme a brake!

Atleast it gives me something to look forward to in the week...

There's a diffrence in getin wasted on a weekend & drinking primarily every day which alcaholics mainly do...

JJdaBuckeye

Reaction score
getting wasted on the weekend is what you look forward to in the week?

i wouldnt exactly call myself straight edge, but im partially there.

ive been offered smokes and drugs from kids in school and said no

i have drank before, but not enough to get drunk and wasted and shit

Fatal 55

Reaction score
No.. i'm just saying that it's probably the highlight of the week...

I do enjoy college sometimes but it get's a little repetitive after a while so that's why i usually can't wait for the weekend.

Anyweis i'm sure many people would say that if they had the choice of staying at home or going out with friends theyd take the latter. K, you don't HAVE 2 drink but that's what tends to happen most of the time in todays society.

It's a fine line between enjoying drink responsibly & overdoing it. IMO if i do happen 2 get a bit drunk i usually don't have any more for the next week/2 weeks. So i manage 2 enjoy myself & at the same time not get 2 hooked to it...

Reaction score
My opinion:

Drinking and smoking is fine, just as long as you don't get addicted or let it ruin your life. I have no problem at all with straight edge. I actually think it's pretty admirable (Ian McKaye is a fuckin genious). But when you start to preach, and act like your better than me, then I start to get annoyed. My best friend is straight edge and he's fuckin annoying about it. He's always giving me shit for smoking, even though he's never tried anything.

"I've been sober so I understand your decision. You've never been unsober, so you don't understand my decision."

I can see why alot of people become straight edge. I've actually considered goin sXe a couple times. I hate people (jocks) who drink or smoke because it makes them cool. They show off and brag about how much they drink, or how drunk they got. I think thats fuckin Blue. I've only been drunk once in my life (and it wasnt even that drunk) and I liked the feeling, but I wouldn't want to live like that. Personally, I like weed because it expands your view on life. I would never try anything harder (maybe mushrooms). But I think it's stupid when people throw it all under one label when they say "drugs".

As far as straight edge having a connection with christianity, i dont know. Straight edge should be a personal choice, not just something you do because of your religion. I, personally, am not too fond of religion, but thats a whole different topic, and I'm not gonna get into that.

It's funny how straight edge was started by Ian McKaye in Minor Threat. Ian McKaye went on to play in Fugazi, which is some of the best fuckin stoner music you can come across. haha

(I apologize for my incoherant rambling. I'm pretty pissed off about something unrelated, so I'm not in the mood to organize my thoughts neatly, and I feel like ranting.)

Cynic Clinic

Reaction score
I really don't care what you are, as long as you keep it to yourself. Straight Edge people are HELLA annoying because they insist on telling you that they're Edge. Same with all the gay people I've met, as well, but that's beside the point.

I'm NOT Straight Edge in case you were wondering, though.

Reaction score
It's one thing to be proud to be straight edge (or gay), but then its a whole different thing when you think everybody should be straight edge. I'm okay with you being straight edge, just not cool with you being a nazi. haha