• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Defiant One

Reaction score
its not over the Nets could turn around and win the next two and be right back in it. Now the Suns have to win or its over for them

phantomgerald

no the suns are good enough to fight back, and i'm saying this even though i'm a spurs fan. the nets won because they figured out how to stop bosh, by playing zone d. they can't try that with lebron around

phantomgerald

the warriors win game 3 with a vintage display by baron davis. but i still think they'll go down in 7 games

Defiant One

Reaction score
The Warriors yeah they will go down in 7, the Suns as well, the Bulls in 4-5 if they lucky, and the nets can still come back in 7 hopefully.

Defiant One

Reaction score
ok i was wrong i thought GS could last 6-7 but they went down in 5 sucks for them, I was tired of every1 jumping on there bandwagon anyways, Suns- Spurs nodded at 2 apiece I think the Spurs can pull this off in 6 maybe 7,

I think im alone in the fact i agree Amare and Diaw got the suspensions they deserved. I mean you cant change rules on the fly to accomadate certain players. Its a black and white rule, leave the bench during an altercation get suspended its simple, if it were Michael Jordan id still say suspend him, like I said before you cant change rules for star players. I think the league went overboard on Horry by giving him 2 games when he only should have goten 1. Sucks for the Suns could cost them a game or even this series.

One last thing in this post this postseason has been full of surprises. If in the preseason someone had told me the Heat would get swept in the first round, or the Mavs, Rockets and Nuggets would get knocked out in the first round. Or the Kings, and Clippers wouldnt make the playoffs, the Jazz would be in the Western Conference Playoffs, and the Raptors would win the Atlantic Division. I wouldve said they were crazy.

phantomgerald

do you think SA is dirty? i'm a spurs fan and i have gotten a barrage of abuse from other fans because of what horry and bowen did. thoughts?

Defiant One

Reaction score
Short answer no. The Spurs are simply the best defensive team in the league. Defense is like breathing to them, they do it so well. Bowen does exactly what he is supposed to do he gets in your space and disrupts your rythym. You can make a case for him winning the Defensive player of the year award every year for the last couple of years, although he never wins it. As for the Horry foul on Nash, short answer Nash flopped. I mean Horry fouled him in all but if you look at the tape Nash was hacked across the chest and bumped into the announcer's table or check in table, then he falls down and throws his arms up. I for one have never fallen like that, Nash is smart he knew it was an intentional foul and sold it big time. I feel it also should be noted that I am someone who rooted against the Spurs for years, ive only recently become a fan of theirs, so I am not some objective Spurs loving guy.

phantomgerald

yes i thought nash faked the hit abit too much. thoughts about the stodamire/diaw ban? i think they deserved it because rules are rules

Defiant One

Reaction score
Oh yeah couldnt agree more Rules are Rules. Every played in the NBA is aware of that rule. No player on the Spurs' bench moved an inch during that skirmish, they're just more disciplined than the Suns. Bottom line Diaw, and Stoudamire lost their cool, and couldnt control themselves for a split second and it cost the Suns game 5, you can bet the next time something like that happens those two will stay put.

phantomgerald

bulls lost to the pistons in 6, just as me and defiant predicted

Defiant One

Reaction score
yessir we was right about the Bulls, Now I guess Ill root for the Pistons, if they face the Cavs, cuz I think Lebron is over-rated. Dont get me wrong he a top 5 player in the league but he hasnt done anything, He not a great shooter, he is always getting BS calls in his favor, and im sick of everyone comparing him the Jordon. I hope the Nets come back but I fear they wont. Game 6 tonight I hope the Spurs close out but thats the hardest thing to do in the Playoffs, close out a team.

phantomgerald

i think he's the best shooting guard now, yes better than kobe. kobe makes himself look good and have a shoot first mentality. lebron makes his teammates look good. illguskas stats have improved after lebron came.

Defiant One

Reaction score
Yeah but Z's stats also dropped this year. Lebron is a forward though, Kobe is a Shooting Guard. I think if you gave Lebron D-Wades mentality and intangibles, hands down Lebron would be the best player in the game. Lebron dont have that killer instinct, and he might get it eventually who knows. Anywayz the Cavs versus the Pistons in the Eastern Conference Finals. I have the Pistons winning in 6-7 games and moving on to the Finals. Right now its halftime and the Spurs up by two I think if this game continues the way its going the Spurs will win it.

WOW The Spurs advance to the Conference Finals (third time in the last five years) to face the Utah Jazz personally I see the Spurs winning in 5-6 games. Dont get me wrong the Jazz are a great team but I think they already over-achieved . Last couple of years not making the playoffs then this year the conference Finals. It will be a great end to a great season, the Spurs will just overwhelm them.

As it looks it will be the Pistons taking on the Spurs, in a rematch of two years ago. I think the Pistons are the only team capable of handling the Spurs. Im not sure if they will but they match up great against them.

phantomgerald

yes i think it'll be the spurs-pistons final. gonna be a low scoring series with 2 defensive teams

spurs to win the championship