Songs Everyone Should Hear at Least Once - Daily

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I do like Extreme! ill check it out

B01

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
There are many bands/artists that have that one unique song, it might not even be a hit, so one hit wonder doesn't really apply. This band that I'm featuring today, Nada Surf are still together, with all original members from their debut album. They've done well enough to make a career out of the business, generally what most bands are looking to do. Not work a day job, make enough money touring to release new music from time to time...that's a successful band...they might not be gigantic, but they have a big enough following to live the musician's life. They had one big song and it's brilliance was a little lost on me when it came out, but "Popular" is a great song and perhaps fits better now than it did 25+ years ago.

Nada Surf

B01

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
So, since it's St. Patrick's Day we're going to do the Dropkick Murphys. Every year for as long as I can remember they do a series of shows/residency in Boston for it. The most recent started yesterday (Thursday). On top of the bands they have listed for the shows, they usually have some surprises and tend to start the shows in a special way. It's going to look something like this:

B01

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
The main person of this band is Greg Kurstin...who? Yes...exactly. Let's see, Greg's qualifications...he's a multi-instrumentalist, no....ummm, he's the "other guy" with Dave Grohl in the Hanukkah Sessions where they only cover other Jewish performers that they've been doing for the past few years...highly recommended and entertaining, all on youtube. No...he's a producer...no, he's Adele's, Beck's, Maren Morris producer and has produced the Foo Fighters...he has 9 Grammys and 2 CMA awards...no, he was in a band called Geggy Tah...a band so named, because their younger sister couldn't say Greg and Tommy...oh that Greg Kurstin.

Geggy Tah

B01

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Today's band, I'm sure you've heard or at least heard of, The Pretenders. Chrissie Hynde is still the motor that makes them run. They're kind of the story of two different bands. There's the first two albums, with James Honeyman-Scott on lead guitar and Pete Farndon on bass and while yes, Martin Chambers is still in the band on drums, if those two brilliant idiots didn't die from drug overdoses a year apart, the band most likely would've been more collaborative than Chrissie completely taking over all creative. Now, I don't know if that would've been good or bad, considering they're in the RNRHOF, but the albums with them are stronger than one's without them.

The Pretenders

B01

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
The Mael brothers, better known as Sparks are not from this planet, watch the documentary about them or just listen to their music long enough, then come talk to me. I love them, very unconventional, won't let record companies tell them what to do...to the point where their record company said "we want you to write music that you can dance to," they said okay...then literally wrote this song. I do recommend their documentary, The Sparks Brothers...they just do things their way...they've had some success and have a large following, but even though they could be more popular, they just don't care.

Sparks

B01

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Today's pick has been filled with technical difficulties and I don't mean the song by Racer X. Spotify is not working for me. I'm doing Shadowy Men On A Shadowy Planet's live staple, 16 encores (it's really like 32 or something like that). The band that did the theme for Kids in the Hall,

B01

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Everyone should know who Ben Folds and the Ben Folds Five are/were. He's an odd duck, but super talented. I've always liked their cover of this song.

Ben Folds Five

B01

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
I've been in meetings all morning, so not much of a description today. The band is called Shoes, they're a power pop band from the 70's/80's.

Shoes

B01

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Again not much of a write up today. I overslept, so just a quick one this morning. Urge Overkill, trio from Chicago. Had a big hit with their cover of Girl, You'll Be a Woman Soon on the Pulp Fiction soundtrack. Listen to their album Saturation, not a bad song on it.

Urge Overkill

Reactions: Marty McFourth

B01

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Let's see, today is a little different. It's Paul McCartney, solo, not even with Wings. However, this is from his movie Give My Regards to Broad Street...but, that wasn't even good, CK. You're correct, however...he does play his song Silly Love Songs...wait, that was him with Wings...yes, yes...correct. Well, I like that version better....I like that version too, but this version is for the movie and he re-recorded it with Jeff Porcaro and Steve Lukather from Toto on drums and guitar and Louis "Thunder-Thumbs" Johnson on bass. The talent is ridiculous on this version.

Paul McCartney

B01

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Reminder: Please don't add your own songs - Thanks

Today's entry is a band I wish was still around, Sonic Youth, but as we know...divorce happens. They were successful with out giving in, they constantly challenged the music business...is it noise or art? A band that's definitely not for everyone.

Sonic Youth

Reactions: Chris

B01

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Today we're doing a double shot, but not by the same band exactly. MINUTEMEN were the great punk trio from San Pedro, CA, until singer/guitarist/songwriter died tragically in a van accident when they were on tour. fIREHOSE is the brother band with young college student, Ed Crawford getting Mike Watt and George Hurley back into recording/touring and helping them heal from the death of Boon. Watt has dedicated everything he's done since Boon's death, to his best friend. Mike has always said that he and Boon were linked from the first time they met. A true partnership and more importantly, friendship.

MINUTEMEN

fIREHOSE

B01

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Dirty blues trio out of Detroit, The Muggs. The trio had a setback when bass player, Tony DeNardo suffered a stroke. Unable to play bass anymore, he switched to Rhodes keyboard bass and their sound was created.

The Muggs

B01

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Today's entry is The Vaselines, the Scottish band pretty much made famous in the States, because Kurt Cobain loved their music and would cover their songs often.

The Vaselines

Reactions: Chris