Songs Everyone Should Hear at Least Once - Daily

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

B01

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
On @Booty By Jake suggestion...I'm going to do a daily song that everyone should hear at least once in their lives. Most of these won't be hits and probably won't be bands you've heard of, but they're great songs in my opinion. Anyway I can add to your personal playlist is big for me. I love spreading the joy of music. Please let me know if you add it or just like the song. If you don't like a song, that's fine, but please keep it out of the thread, as I want to keep this positive.

Old friends of mine from Washington D.C. This was a song I always wished made it to the radio, because I thought it would be their big break. That never happened and like most bands they ended. Great power pop trio -

Clowns For Progress -3 AM

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Never heard this band before it’s pretty good I’ll check out the whole album

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

B01

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Here's the 2nd day of my little music project. If you've ever thought what happens if a bunch of band kids from your high school form a band and play ska...I give you Skavoovie and the Epitones. For a few years in the mid 90's these kids, they were all in high school when they started, were the premiere band in the Boston/East Coast scene. Playing circles around most bands in their genre. They all eventually went to college and have done very well for themselves in their varying pursuits.

Skavoovie and the Epitones

B01

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Day three of the project takes us to the world of indie rock and Long Island, NY. The D'Addario brothers, Brian and Michael respectively, make up the band The Lemon Twigs. Just two guys, playing all the instruments, at least in the studio. They some how incorporate all their influences into pretty much every song they play. They're way over the top. Both of them are multi-instrumentalists and phenomenal songwriters/performers.

The Lemon Twigs

B01

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
The next band for our list is a band from the "Murder Capital of the World," Detroit. I don't know if it still is, but it was and that's how they were often introduced, The Detroit Cobras. Just a down and dirty garage rock band...pull no punches, lots of fun. We played with them a couple of times and their energy is infectious. Just a great time with a tough front woman. I believe, Rachel passed away last year sadly.

The Detroit Cobras

B01

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Today's entry is a funk band from An Arbor, MI...yes, that sounds odd, because they're a little out there. Phenomenally talented at all instruments, they have one of the premier funk bassists in the game, Joe Dart. Vulfpeck are that good, fun and weird all at the same time...watch their Live at Madison Square Garden Concert.

Vulfpeck

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Solomon Grundy is fun ska shit, can't got wrong with ska in small doses
wasn't feeling the Lemon Twigs
Detroit Cobras I'll check out more of got a punk feel to em
Vulpeck is my favorite so far...very fun and I'm gonna listen to more of them today

B01

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Today's entry Jellyfish just had their 30th anniversary of their 2nd album, Spilt Milk. They were critics darlings, but victims of creative differences. Strong personalities, with definite musical paths, that just never quite meshed together. Super odd band that blended power pop and psychedelic prog, you had the singing drummer in Andy Sturmer and Roger Manning mainly on keyboards, but between them, they did it all. Both of their albums are must listens Bellybutton and Spilt Milk...super catchy, but they were unable to find commercial success.

Jellyfish

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
That's a hard one

B01

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
That's a hard one
Band out of NYC, one of the rap/metal bands of the early to mid-90's. Malik was an amazing frontman, tons of energy. Chris the guitar player is the lead guitarist in Bush now I think. They had a moment for about a year or two. We thought they were going to be huge, but it never quite happened.

I'm going to try and do the little info blurbs I was doing in the beginning...Real life has gotten in the way of some things and haven't really had the time for it.

Last edited:

B01

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
I'm a big fan of the "clever" songwriter...the wordsmith, storyteller or just an ability to string words together. Todd Snider is definitely one of those people and often does it in a humorous manner, he's not a comedian, but could be. Todd's shows are more like someone just sitting around the campfire telling stories about his life and he's had quite the life, then starts singing. The band I worked for and Todd kept running into each other over a 2-3 year period...festivals and outdoor shows mainly...he called anyone in the band Massachusetts, because of our accents and where most of us were from. Super nice guy, one of the funniest people I've ever met, without even trying...and easily one of my favorite songwriters. If you want to listen to more of him, pick his live stuff, because there's always a story around the song.

Todd Snider

B01

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Tribe was massive in New England, so much so, they were getting regular play on most of the radio stations. However, they couldn't breakout nationally. Even with having their video being played regularly on MTV (when that was a thing) and being signed to a major label. They eventually just faded away like bands do. The married couple of Eric and Terri have gone on to be video game developers for a lot of your favorite games like Guitar Hero and Rock Band.

Tribe