Songs Everyone Should Hear at Least Once - Daily

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

B01

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Today we have Mr. Butch Walker. He's an immensely talented songwriter and producer. He's produced everyone. He used to be in a band called Marvelous 3, they had a hit called Freak of the Week. He produces people like Weezer, Pink and Avril Lavigne, to name a couple. His solo stuff is great.

Butch Walker

Reactions: Alexa

B01

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
To this day, I still don't know that much about Ned's Atomic Dustbin. Two bass players, fun, fast music...kinda shoe gaze, kinda grunge, but neither really. They drop the album God Fodder in the middle of my senior year of high school...cough...1991...cough...We thought it was great...they were on MTV and 120 Minutes...Then, they almost completely disappear in the States. They broke up quickly in the mid 90's, but have reformed and now have gotten the original line up back together...who knows what that actually means? God Fodder is a brilliant album.

Ned's Atomic Dustbin

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Not a bad track there. I probably woulda been fucking with it in the 90s myself

Reactions: Marty McFourth

B01

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Not a bad track there. I probably woulda been fucking with it in the 90s myself
The entire album bangs pretty hard, tbh. Less Than Useful, Happy, Kill Your Television, Throwing Things...really, no bad tracks on it. Highly recommended.

B01

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Parliament and Funkadelic...2 different bands, collectively known as Parliament Funkadelic...Parliament was more traditional funk and Funkadelic was heavier, psychedelic funk and hard rock. Funkadelic had the secret weapon of guitarist Eddie Hazel. He was the other black guitarist during the late 60's early 70's...he held his own in the company of Hendrix. A near virtuoso, could never really escape the world of drugs he was brought up in and died at 42. He's really amazing...in Super Stupid...he's also singing lead vocals. Maggot Brain from the same album is one of the greatest solos ever, completely improvised as he was flying on acid when he played it.

Funkadelic

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Just listened to Maggot Brain this morning. Now checking this song out..

B01

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Just listened to Maggot Brain this morning. Now checking this song out..
It's a great album, but I have to be in the right mood for it.

Reactions: Hoss

B01

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Today is one of the many side projects that bassist for Dinosaur Jr, Low Barlow has...Sebadoh. I've known Lou for a good period of time. He's always has 15 things going on musically...just different, interesting things. This definitely sounds nothing like Dinosaur Jr

Sebadoh

Reactions: Marty McFourth

B01

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
It's a little bluesy soul for today with the North Mississippi Allstars. Luther and Cody Dickinson pretty much make up the entire band. Luther played with the Black Crowes for an album, but left that brother drama...Luther and Cody do everything from straight blues, to funk and soul influenced blues. Luther is one of the best guitarists I've ever seen live, both he and Cody play multiple instruments, Cody is mainly the drummer, but will play bass and keyboards as well. A great band, especially if you're a fan of guitarists.

North Mississippi Allstars

B01

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Now for something completely different. Acapella is a different kind of singing...it's just the vocalist...no instruments. Geoff Castellucci is one of the best around...he has a 5 or so octave range, but instead of being a singer that goes high, he's a bass and hits low notes that most humans can't hit, let alone singers. This song is him doing all the parts, really showing off his range...he's pretty amazing.

Geoff Castellucci

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

B01

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Hardcore Punk is for a lot of people I've met over the years and really, decades...is a lifestyle choice. They live it, breathe it for all it's worth...I never went that far, but I've been to my fair share of hardcore shows and worked a lot of them. In the right setting it's a gigantic love/bro fest...when certain undesirables (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friends_Stand_United) show up, it became a blood bath. One of the "good" bands, meaning they'd have your back if anything went down, is Agnostic Front. Roger and Vinnie are still doing it to this day 40+ years later.

Agnostic Front

B01

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
The pick for today was picked by my oldest daughter, Riley. She was asking where Bikini Kill was? So, that's what we have, Kathleen Hanna and her band, Bikini Kill. Kathleen dubbed/pioneered the riot grrrl movement, named the Nirvana song "Smells Like Teen Spirit," because she wrote that Kurt smelled like the deodorant Teen Spirit and he didn't know what that meant until after the song came out. She's married to Adam Horovitz, Ad-Rock from the Beastie Boys. She's also been suffering from Lyme Disease. There's a great documentary about her called the Punk Singer...that will explain her part in punk history better than I can.

Bikini Kill

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
The pick for today was picked by my oldest daughter, Riley. She was asking where Bikini Kill was? So, that's what we have, Kathleen Hanna and her band, Bikini Kill. Kathleen dubbed/pioneered the riot grrrl movement, named the Nirvana song "Smells Like Teen Spirit," because she wrote that Kurt smelled like the deodorant Teen Spirit and he didn't know what that meant until after the song came out. She's married to Adam Horovitz, Ad-Rock from the Beastie Boys. She's also been suffering from Lyme Disease. There's a great documentary about her called the Punk Singer...that will explain her part in punk history better than I can.

Bikini Kill

my wife loves this band, great track too, I've heard it a lot.

B01

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Fleet Foxes are an indie folk rock band from Seattle. Their debut album is wonderful. I'm still exploring them and learning about the band. Josh Tillman , who played drums for a short time in the band...left and reinvented himself as, Father John Misty having a bunch of success. I'm just a big fan of the Foxes debut album, so here's a track from that.

Fleet Foxes